IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

Here's a nice chart depicting the case I referenced in an earlier post about a person who brought covid-19 back to Taiwan (case #812). I made a mistake, he went to the USA not to the UK, though the guy that caused Taiwan to close the borders to all (non Taiwanense) foreigners was the guy returning from the UK, just mixed up the two cases together.

In my opinion, case 812 has blood on his hands, as case 907 ultimately died thanks to this selfish guy feeling the need to visit relatives abroad during a pandemic. 

FB_IMG_1612881082977.jpg

IMG_20210209_223514.jpg

Edited by fcgamer

8 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I'm just as confused as many probably are by your post, but having a brother that is also on the spectrum (high-functioning autistic), I can only make the guess that at some point in this thread or another thread I said something that you didn't like, which I personally don't remember. Alright though, that's fine, I can give it a pass as I see this trait sometimes in my brother and what not.

That's good to know. But you should also have known that people with Asperger's are at risk of being targeted by those who literally define what it means to being a "selfish asshole". Online, I had to deal with that for more that 20 years. Longer offline, with two cases having me be related to those who acted that way towards me.

In other words, here is what I am reading:

1) "Family Guy" did a home quarantine immediately after they came back from visiting family in the states. Despite they were in contact with others on the plane, there is no notion that those they have been in contact could have been asymptomatic. There is no additional reports that have them sound like they are putting your wellbeing at risk.

2) "Student" returned home after their time studying abroad was over. Chances is that their student visa was up, they feared what could happen if they stayed, or even both. The same situation goes on saying that they were in contact with those who could have been asymptomatic, self-isolated, and took three tests as a means of making sure they were also not asymptomatic. With all but their last test coming up negative. Same as with person #1.

Yet, you being neurotypical, have decided to respond to these in a state of anger. Not logic. Because the case might be that they contracted it either on the plane or in Taiwan, not just the United States.

Point being is that when I am dealing with stress or anxiety I cannot analyze what I am dealing with. And that puts me in a state of anger that can have me target the person I feel is responsible for that feeling. You are no different.

But in this case I am looking at the low statistics found and noted that any of those confirmed cases could be the carrier they were in contact with. Along with the chance those on the plane could have become asymptomatic in the United States and not have known it prior to the reporting of these cases. Something that needs to be considered.

In the end it is no different than saying the dominantly left handed guy who was drugged shot himself in the right side of his lobe. And say it because you found the gun in his right hand.

As for my point in dealing with "selfish assholes"... I'll bring up the reality of what I was saying:

I had a cousin that used to live with both myself and a family member I live with. He stole my debit card and lied about that. He exposed himself to me while peeing in the backyard and dismissed the fact it was wrong. And while trying to calm him down because he was wronged, he snapped and assaulted me. I had a witness that saw the red marks on my face, I still have nerve damage, and yet he denied doing it and said it is my fault if he has to go to jail.

This excludes a lot of other examples that have me prefer the idea I can deal with this in Japan, as opposed to dealing with it here. But again, I wrote that well past 3 AM. 😐

10 hours ago, OptOut said:

Wait, who said anything about FCgamer being highly intelligent? 😛

Me! Because he was smart enough to have you be his friend. 😉

But seriously, @fcgamer is smarter than those I dealt with in other fandoms. And is very similar to those I have in my life, temperament included. So I have to give some reason of the doubt here. 😅

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, OptOut said:

@FenrirZero

Nah dude, you got it wrong, those fuckers DEFINITELY brought covid back from the USA. We had like 6 months covid free until those idiots brought it back to Taiwan.

Free Covid for everyone over here!  Come and get it!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, OptOut said:

Oh, also, while we're setting the record straight, Great Britain is like 6 times the size of Taiwan...

Screenshot_2021-02-10-12-13-11-56.thumb.jpg.4bb3e7550dfcbb439aa503e24a002e90.jpg

Well I was referring strictly to the island of England, but it still wouldn't be an accurate size comparison; however, the guy we know from Yorkshire is the one who told me this comparison, so I'm not fully at fault. Maybe he meant England and Taiwan are roughly the same size if you hack off the south? 😛

1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Well I was referring strictly to the island of England, but it still wouldn't be an accurate size comparison; however, the guy we know from Yorkshire is the one who told me this comparison, so I'm not fully at fault. Maybe he meant England and Taiwan are roughly the same size if you hack off the south? 😛

Lol, the ISLAND of England?! You really got to get your geography on point dude!

The island England is a part of is called Great Britain! Scotland and Wales are also countries on the same island... I thought we went through this, lol!

You gotta stop listening to people from Yorkshire dude, they live in holes in the ground! 😂

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

@FenrirZero

Nah dude, you got it wrong, those fuckers DEFINITELY brought covid back from the USA. We had like 6 months covid free until those idiots brought it back to Taiwan.

I expect that type of 'antagonism before deductive reasoning' from @fcgamer😬

But seriously... That is like saying Bethesda is at fault for what happened to Cyberpunk 2077 just because gamers are used to that by now. And in all cases I am not saying that the strain came from the United States. For fuck sakes, man, Kirk Cameron did a anti-mask caroling event at The Oaks, which is part of the same county I live in. 😩

Other than that... Taipei Times has a news article that is dated December 31, 2020. And it brings up case No. 792, which is a teenager who returned while having the UK strain, which is supposed to be far more contagious than the strain you are talking about. So while you think us Yanks are wankers, you might be dealing with the "Anarchy with the UK virus".

4 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

That's good to know. But you should also have known that people with Asperger's are at risk of being targeted by those who literally define what it means to being a "selfish asshole". Online, I had to deal with that for more that 20 years. Longer offline, with two cases having me be related to those who acted that way towards me.

In other words, here is what I am reading:

1) "Family Guy" did a home quarantine immediately after they came back from visiting family in the states. Despite they were in contact with others on the plane, there is no notion that those they have been in contact could have been asymptomatic. There is no additional reports that have them sound like they are putting your wellbeing at risk.

2) "Student" returned home after their time studying abroad was over. Chances is that their student visa was up, they feared what could happen if they stayed, or even both. The same situation goes on saying that they were in contact with those who could have been asymptomatic, self-isolated, and took three tests as a means of making sure they were also not asymptomatic. With all but their last test coming up negative. Same as with person #1.

A few things worth mentioning:

#1: I personally believe that having very close relatives on the spectrum, especially older siblings, will alter an NT's way of thinking and pattern of doing things to some degree. I personally was never tested, so it's hard to say if I'm actually on the spectrum to a much much milder degree or not; however, there are some things that my brother does, directly related with his autism, which I (and he) both easily recognise in myself too. Was it learned behaviour from growing up with him as my older brother, or not, I honestly don't know, but I think it would be interesting to see some studies on this.

#2: "Family guy" is literally directly related to putting not only mine, but @OptOut , and the whole population here at risk. As OptOut pointed out, we had a run of no covid here locally for about half a year or so. But the recent spread, documented in the chart I posted above, shows that the local infection cluster goes back to a doctor, who got it from "family guy". So a woman died because family guy decided to visit relatives in the States, and similarly, his actions directly caused a community infection, which definitely would put anyone on the island at risk, which we can see from the woman that unfortunately passed away.

in the United States it's different, as everyone and their uncle has the disease, do you don't know if you got it from neighbour Bob, your sister Jill, or Uncle Fred. But in Taiwan, literally every case is documented and tracked, so we know exactly who is getting infected from whom.

• Like 1

Yeah, the very fact we can literally track cases by individual number (as opposed to aggregate deaths) in Taiwan shows how well we've dealt with this disease. The recent outbreak in Taiwan can be directly tracked back to the USA, there aren't any other freely transmitted cases going around that aren't connected to that, because if there were, we'd all have it by now. Totally different situation to the US.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Lol, the ISLAND of England?! You really got to get your geography on point dude!

The island England is a part of is called Great Britain! Scotland and Wales are also countries on the same island... I thought we went through this, lol!

You gotta stop listening to people from Yorkshire dude, they live in holes in the ground! 😂

Well you've got England, Britain, Great Britain, Little Britain, United Kingdom's London, England's London, United Kingdom, etc etc etc, just choose one thing and make it simple.

No need to be two countries at once, is there really? Lol

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Wow, I am learning a lot about Britannia today

IMG_20210209_223658.jpg

So I am looking at what the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control is reporting on behalf of the CECC is reporting.

All I can say to both @fcgamer and @OptOut is that the cases they are angry at either have been released from self-isolation are in self-isolation. With the bigger concern being the fact their tests are not showing positives right away. 

In all cases I suggest that you both try to convince Ghana's government convince their eastern neighbor to change their name to Rhea before doing a hyphen-based two-state territory. The lack of anxiety and stress by doing that should keep your immune systems in check while giving that location Ghana-Rhea.

20 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

So I am looking at what the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control is reporting on behalf of the CECC is reporting.

All I can say to both @fcgamer and @OptOut is that the cases they are angry at either have been released from self-isolation are in self-isolation. With the bigger concern being the fact their tests are not showing positives right away. 

In all cases I suggest that you both try to convince Ghana's government convince their eastern neighbor to change their name to Rhea before doing a hyphen-based two-state territory. The lack of anxiety and stress by doing that should keep your immune systems in check while giving that location Ghana-Rhea.

kermit-wat.gif

Serious question @FenrirZero: Is English your first language? I often find it hard to parse what you're saying

29 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

Well I personally feel that there is some corruption at hand too, as the initial test results needed for the planes are always "covid-19 negative", yet all suddenly become positive after arriving at destination in Taiwan.  But that's just speculation on my part, as a large portion of the folks traveling despite the pandemic are big money.

Getting back to the case of "family guy", of course he's going to be released from any sort of quarantine once he's recovered, it's not like people are being jailed indefinitely for having had covid-19. 

That being said, it still does not change the fact one bit that an innocent woman died because of his actions, and that a local infection cluster was formed, again literally due to his actions. The latter certainly could impact the safety of everyone else on the island, period.

I mean, it's subjective whether the guy was a "selfish asshole" or not, sure, but because of him a woman died, several people got infected, and there's now risk that a lot if other people could get infected. To me that's being selfish, and that's coming from someone whose whole family literally lives in countries away from where I am.

No matter how much I'd love to visit my family, either here or there, I would never do it, as it would be incredibly selfish putting my unnecessary desires and wants over the safety and well-being of so many other people. Period.

Edited by fcgamer