IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

1 hour ago, spacepup said:

Thank you for sharing this message.  It is so important right now.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad actors out there intentionally spreading lies and misinformation about the vaccines, and it is incredibly sad and unfortunate.  I can understand some of the skepticism and concerns but if my doctor, other doctors, and so many more are accepting them as safe, and they have the potential to truly turn the corner on this horrible virus, I'm willing to take the risk.  

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Yeah, I saw on one forum that people were shocked that Mike Pence "allowed himself to get vaccinated." They even thought it was fake news until someone linked the video.

I won't go into the myriad reasons for the current assault on science and expertise, but I will say that it drives me up the wall. I would NEVER presume to know more about automobile repair than a licensed mechanic. I would NEVER tell a licensed electrician that I can wire up a home just as well as he/she could. In fact, if I were to try to do either of those professionals' jobs, I would very likely hurt or kill someone.

So when Joe Blo tries to tell me that his opinion is as valid as mine regarding medical treatments, it truly makes me angry. NOT all opinions are equally valid. Specialization exists because no one human can be an expert in all things.

Anyways... Get the damn vaccine and please, please, please only take medical advice from medical professionals.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TrekMD said:

I'm with you there, @DoctorEncore!  Right now we are trying to get the vaccine for my office staff and the other docs in the office.  It's been surprisingly difficult.  Now that the Moderna vaccine is approved and is easier to store, I expect that to change.  Can't wait to be vaccinated.

Good luck! There is finally a light at the end of this long, dark tunnel.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I won't go into the myriad reasons for the current assault on science and expertise, but I will say that it drives me up the wall. I would NEVER presume to know more about automobile repair than a licensed mechanic. I would NEVER tell a licensed electrician that I can wire up a home just as well as he/she could. In fact, if I were to try to do either of those professionals' jobs, I would very likely hurt or kill someone.

So when Joe Blo tries to tell me that his opinion is as valid as mine regarding medical treatments, it truly makes me angry. NOT all opinions are equally valid. Specialization exists because no one human can be an expert in all things.

Anyways... Get the damn vaccine and please, please, please only take medical advice from medical professionals.

Though I completely agree with your point, I have both worked on my car and put wiring in my house and from my knowledge no one has been hurt or died as a result.

• Haha 2

Just an all round well wish for those vaccinated and soon-to-be-vaccinated. Keep up the good fight you guys!!

For those not in the health field, I also want to touch on the issue of common potential side effects for all forms of vaccination: local swelling, itch, rash at the injection site. These can occur but should not be a major concern unless you have a generalized reaction. Short episodes of dizziness or nausea can occur and may well also be related to needle phobia or people with sensitivity to pain. When in doubt, please get a medical checkup to know if it’s a genuine vaccination side-effect or allergy, as opposed to some other condition.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, B.A. said:

Though I completely agree with your point, I have both worked on my car and put wiring in my house and from my knowledge no one has been hurt or died as a result.

Sure, I don't think DoctorEncore's trying to say there aren't some things you can't do yourself, but his point is more like some jackass telling someone like Mr Wunderful, "I don't need to turn off the circuit breakers, I'll just wire everything live. I know what I"m doing." Cue funeral.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, GPX said:

For those not in the health field, I also want to touch on the issue of common potential side effects for all forms of vaccination: local swelling, itch, rash at the injection site. 

Heh - you haven't lived until you get a shingles vaccination.  I got my first one a few weeks ago - very sore like a tetanus shot except this was much worse in that regard.  I will get the second one in February or March.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Heh - you haven't lived until you get a shingles vaccination.  I got my first one a few weeks ago - very sore like a tetanus shot except this was much worse in that regard.  I will get the second one in February or March.

As the saying goes “no pain, no gain”! 🙂

4 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

The gain part is overstating it since it is only about 50% effective.  And If I should happen to live long enough I get to do it again!🤪

A quick tip to ease some pain:

change the thought “only x % effective” to

”this jab reduces my chance of getting condition Z by x %, as well as lessening the symptoms should I end up getting it”.

And if your doctor gave you the first jab, then he’s likely thinking “yep, he’s got a good chance of surviving until the next due jab!”

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GPX said:

A quick tip to ease some pain:

change the thought “only x % effective” to

”this jab reduces my chance of getting condition Z by x %, as well as lessening the symptoms should I end up getting it”.

And if your doctor gave you the first jab, then he’s likely thinking “yep, he’s got a good chance of surviving until the next due jab!”

That was actually a tongue in cheek (or maybe needle in arm) statement..... 😬

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Looks like a new mutation strain of this virus has taken England by storm, particularly by the London region.

Really crazy stuff, seriously this covid stuff just needs to end. 

892335144fdd26e37c94e2ba3beb05b0.png

Oh goodie, even more contagious! Man, COVID is just the gift that keeps on giving.

23 minutes ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

This chinese virus thingie is starting to act like a super bug . Its evolving into something else from what it started . Wonder at how this will go and when the first case will appear here state side . . . 

Hard to call it a “Chinese virus” when the United States has failed harder than anyone at keeping it controlled.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Hard to call it a “Chinese virus” when the United States has failed harder than anyone at keeping it controlled.

I could be completely wrong on this, and feel free to correct me if I am, but I think he was imitating people back when people first started hearing about COVID before it hit the states earlier in the year. Again, could be wrong, but that was just the impression I got.

I personally do not know which is worse at this point: COVID-19 or those claiming to be Conservative. 😩

The two combined has me feel like it can only be compared to a gas station restroom that one would want to avoid but cannot because it's the only one available. With a better one over the horizon, but it turns out to be too much of a wait because you bought both sushi and a super-sized drink from a questionable 7-11 knock-off.

I cannot decide which one is the knock-off 7-11 and which one is the restroom. 🤔 All I can say is that if people want to blame China for this, just remember that their government is not a fan of any truths that make them look bad. Which sounds very familiar... Hmmm...

But in interesting news, I found a "Pickle-Dickie" reference in my family tree. So I guess 2020 is not a complete bust for me.