IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

59 minutes ago, Lambda said:

How many people have you lost so far?

My best friend from 4th grade through high school has it. He feels like complete shit and said he wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 

Otherwise I haven’t personally lost anyone, but a co-worker got it and died. His locker is right next to mine. I hear some people are out with it, but I don’t know who. We have divided locations now to spread out.  A manager said “we’re losing people every day” and when I tried to press for details she stonewalled me. I don’t know who went to the other building vs who’s really sick. I’ve never been able to keep track of who’s on when, beyond a few friends; and I never really cared, but things are sometimes looking sparse right now. I’m not worried for myself but I am taking caution at work and anywhere else I have to go which I am minimizing. As well as being a carrier in the chain which hurts all of us socially if not medically.

Also somewhat worried for my parents who I directly won’t see/expose because they live hundreds of miles away. My father had a lung replaced a little over a year ago and should still be more careful than he wants to be.

37 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Hadnt posted in over 7 hours in here, and here you go.

Uh... sorry I’m not on your schedule?  I was at work, now I’ve been talking to my girlfriend and washing my mask and strategizing food plans and drinking 

39 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Self sufficiency? Im pretty sure Im fine. Im isolating just fine.

So? WTF are you talking about when you say you’re sick of this and things are gonna get ugly? What’s gonna get ugly? Tell me what you’re predicting. You don’t seem fine to me for all the complaining you do.

41 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

this shit isnt going to fly past early summer

Whether it’s you or “other people” you say you’re talking about, my point stands: Covid-19 don’t give no fuck. What’s not gonna fly? Stay in place orders? The longer people defy them, the longer the disease is gonna kill people. It spreads. Ask any medical professional you can find. That’s realistic. Like I said before. Ignore the warnings and the consequences will be ten+ times worse than what you’re saying. The longer we wait to act, or don’t act (who would have ever thought you’d have to tell Americans to be more lazy 🤣) the worse things will be. 

Look. I don’t want things shut down more than anybody else. This isn’t a joke or a game for me either. I will personally lose thousands in cash income this summer because events that I side gig at aren’t gonna happen because people are dying en masse. 

Real funny how you say it’s not you but also say you’re sick of it and whatever. “THIS SHIT” is indeed gonna fly, and it’s gonna kill people as long as it can, and only a massive, measured, responsible, coordinated response is going to stop it. The more people resist that, the longer it is going to take to fix. We need to co operate for your own good and my own good and all of us. Be a responsible person and quitcherbitchin. This is a crisis if you didn’t hear. Actively respond to it while your store has a chance to weather the storm, or lose it.

52 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Im done here. Please stop quoting me. BYE..

ok snowflake sorry for your feelings ? Maybe 

18 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Was it this guy?   

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/us/louisiana-pastor-arrest-tony-spell/index.html

I think with our "shelter in place" order weddings and funerals are still technically allowed, but I would imagine they would need to be with the allowed amount of people.   I've seen lots of churches streaming instead, even if it's just Facebook Live.

No, I'm in Ontario, Canada right next to the NY state boarder into the USA. Stupidity and woeful ignorance is also a worldwide epidemic and not limited to any geographic location.

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Man, this says that it can potentially be transmitted from just breathing or talking. I’ll be wearing a mask on my next grocery visit if I can.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/health/aerosol-coronavirus-spread-white-house-letter/index.html

I thought that was the main reason to keep 6 feet away from people?   Also, pretty sure the kinds of masks you can get as a layperson will just prohibit giving, not receiving.

To be honest, I'm hoping some form of the 6 foot halo rule sticks around after all this.   It's kinda nice to not have people right on top of you.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I thought that was the main reason to keep 6 feet away from people?   Also, pretty sure the kinds of masks you can get as a layperson will just prohibit giving, not receiving.

To be honest, I'm hoping some form of the 6 foot halo rule sticks around after all this.   It's kinda nice to not have people right on top of you.

Sidewalks are pretty rough for this rule. Every time I go out right now I have at least one person crossing the street to avoid being near me, and the rest (or myself) tend to walk down the middle of the road. Nothing in a city is designed around being 6ft apart from the next nearest person, quite the opposite.

15 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I thought the 6 feet rule was because of the coughing or sneezing.

You’re right about the masks because the virus is smaller than what it will filter. However, it’s better than nothing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

You’re right about the masks because the virus is smaller than what it will filter. However, it’s better than nothing.

The way I've hear it explained is that even with a home made mask it will still filter out some of the virus particles so that if you do get it you won't get as high a dose and your immune system will have a better chance of fighting it off. I don't know how true that is but it sounds like it should be right. They say in countries like Japan and Korea where wearing masks has been normalized for years there are way less people getting sick. Also the big thing they keep saying is not to touch your face so if nothing else having a mask on will remind you not to do that. 

So a vaccine expert fella was on the Joe Rogan Experience recently I think some clips posted yesterday and were quite interesting.  He had some good points that mildly touch on some of the political back and forths in this thread:

This is a US/Worldwide failure going back decades.  Since the 2000's alone (not to even touch on the 1900s), this is our 3rd coronavirus - we had MERS and SARS.  Those should have absolutely pushed the world to prepare for worse outbreaks (ventilators/logistics).  Our current virus apparently is different and exponentially more disastrous because a huge % of the people as we know have mild or no symptoms - leading them to unknowingly transfer it to tons of people.  MERS and SARS apparently were more consistently bringing people down allowing them to be hospitalized and isolated on a higher % basis.

I fully expect a post-9/11 US reaction once the dust settles as earlier mentioned.  I hope to god this pushes the world to not let something ever get this out of hand again, at least from a preparedness/capacity/equipment standpoint - because this is rather confidently not the last coronavirus we will face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to know where the media is having these coordination meetings for the worldwide influence cabal? 

its seems common knowledge, you would think someone would spill the beans!

anyways, we are on lockdown until may 1st now. At least I’m getting a lot of stuff done at my house. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lambda said:

I need to clarify some things here regarding this post:

1) I understood and affirmed your intention in distributing correct info. I was typing my post while attending to a family member so I spoke quickly under the assumption that most people understand that “many” of the symptoms here mimic flu... while many do not for a select group. (More on this later).

2) I have zero media bias in the information passed along here. Absolutely zero. I work on Wall St and Financial news is largely the only news I listen to.(I’ve listened to FOX, CNN, BBC, in passing and I acknowledge but don’t hold true, all of them.) Any info whatsoever that I have posted at all here comes strictly from 8 sources:

My PHD(Med) brother

My 3 Cousins (ED nurses on the front lines)

My Cousin (Oncologist nurse, now on float duty)

My Wife (RN)

My 2 Friends (First Responders)

All people on the front line.. the only ones I speak to regarding this matter 

Im not spreading any misinformation based on any media bias whatsoever, and my accounts come solely from doctors and nurses within my family on the front lines as I type this. My first post was meant to say that “Infection and Symptoms based on onset time are nothing like the flu!” 
I corrected to make sure the people know. But after conversations today the dialogue has changed a bit:

1) my wife who works on covid beds said much like @Estil said, the condition and symptoms vary by patient.

2) my wife’s hospital Today had a case for ED of bad diarrhea... strictly diarrhea only... nasty to the point that they needed IV fluid... only symptom. They tested the person to be sure using new rapids. COVID-19 pos. And Diarrhea was only symptom.

3) My wife’s Nurse Manager has received multiple calls from first responders in the ability to provide beds. The doctors on her floor are literally separating “flu” from “COVID19” from others by literally LISTENING to their breathing by phone... that in and of itself is terrifying. The doctors now know what to listen for by phone call in order to make a roughly 85% accurate diagnosis. They’re listening to breathe reduction by phone and able to call it “flu” or “COVID” by this alone. Doctors from Chin in the front lines have even amounted to being about to discern as much prior to under-reporting.

4) Every Single Patient is different, with MANY showing no symptoms of typical flu whatsoever.

I now go back to my original analysis in a way I thought I would never have to. I and my wife have been exposed. This is “NOT FLU...” 

If you want to fight that idea, DONT cite ANY media. I want to hear your direct sources. I want to hear your people on the front lines.. I have 8 not including LE...

And I have Multiple friends and family now on ICU beds... I’ve lost one, and have 12 now infected with another hospitalized. I’m in NY seeing this at hand... be quick to think before you attribute this to flu again...because it isn’t. THAT is misinformation... and that comes from the front lines. Talk to a front line doc (if you know one), they can pick theses people out of a stack easy now). If you have family in the midst of this in NY, state your case... otherwise I can tell you full handed you have no clue what this is like. How many people have you lost so far? I can count mine on one hand and expect to need more than two..for funerals alone...

I now have 13 personally infected, 1 dead, 2 in ICU and multiple other gasping for air... this isn’t pretty... and it’s not flu (my wife) (who has credentials) words (works a covid floor).

Thanks for the extra info. I wasn’t trying to pick on you, just previously wanted to clarify further the false statement of “symptoms aren’t like the flu”.

I’m actually a frontline health worker myself, and although thus far, have not personally witnessed an infected case. However, I have been following many articles and the general trajectory of the pandemic, and this is what I’m encouraging others to try and understand.

From my understanding (and the medical updates I receive in my line of work), the majority of positive cases are of the mild-moderate symptoms, which indeed do mimic the flu (bearing in mind the flu in itself can have a spectrum of severity from a few days cough/niggle to a couple of weeks feeling like you’ve been struck by a car). It’s around 5-15% that are the more severe to critical cases (ie. needing ICU beds, prolonged hospital stays, or death), and the percentages vary from country to country. I believe you quoting knowledge of frontline workers from your social network can be misleading in itself, because they perhaps are seeing the more serious cases. 

Lastly, I don’t believe one bit about the doctors who lay claim to be able to tell if it’s the Covid19 by just listening over the phone. What would sound more probable is that by listening over the phone, doctors can assess the amount of duress on the breathing patterns and can estimate the likelihood of lung involvement with the infection. With the lung involvement, then hospital assessment is needed (eg. Chest X-ray, blood test) or in the least, Covid19 testing.

We went to Walmart this am - we normally only buy a few things grocery wise there - but we did notice that the shelves were pretty well stocked - they even had tp and paper towels (only the rock bottom budget brand though).

So hopefully the idiot hoarders are done making everyone else's lives more difficult.

They even had these in stock - they are my fave when it comes to hot doggish foods:

7497436_orig.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I went out last week to get groceries for my parents and found some toilet paper. Still haven’t found paper towels.

Edit: This is now out of stock.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brawny-Tear-A-Square-Paper-Towels-6-Double-Rolls/540094690

Edited by ICrappedMyPants
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

The virus can get aerosolized just BREATHING.  (evidently can project up to 27 feet and stay in the air for up to 3 hours)

Coughing or sneezing not required.

Just now, arch_8ngel said:

The virus can get aerosolized just BREATHING.  (evidently can project up to 27 feet and stay in the air for up to 3 hours)

Yep, I just learned about the breathing part when I posted about the masks. I had seen the 27ft figure before.

@Tabonga I love those things too. So delicious.

Anyway an update from my work; Starting tomorrow they're requiring all employees to answer a questionnaire and get their temperature read before they are allowed to work. This is probably the most major development in the last week or so, other then some doubling down on other measures being taken. My department (surprisingly) is still maintaining near full operation, though I'm still continually anticipating us to get dramatically downsized anytime now.

Also confirmed from my boss that any employee that comes ill and tests positive for the disease will get a few weeks paid time off regardless to recover, which is nice. I feel very fortunate currently to have my current employment, even if I do still have to come to work every day lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

I don't know where the media get their info from. I read the study in the first week of March that the data of 24 hours on cardboard, 3 days on stainless steel, etc, came from and reported in the areosoles for up to 3 hours, but in the air for 30 mins under realistic circumstances. They concluded that through the air was the most likely method of transmission and even mentioned that breathing was all that was required. 

Wear masks, homemade or otherwise. Just wear something to cover your face. Everyone should be doing it sick or not bc with a 2-14 day incubation period, everyone should just assume they're sick and cover their damn face.