IGNORED

Can I get these Wata graded?

fcgamer

Just grabbed these today, they are part of the Changhua Storehouse pedigree, @OptOut and others know if this pedigree.

Brand new carts, bootlegs of course. I wonder if I could get them wata graded, they look in fantastic condition in terms of how this stuff generally goes.

IMG20200118205207.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

8 hours ago, GPX said:

@fcgamer, I’m curious to know..

is there some genuine way you can tell a retro bootleg versus a modern repro of the retro bootleg?

You must perform a bootleg toilet test.  Only way to know for sure is to drop it in your toilet and see if it floats 🙂 Legit bootlegs are more dense, so they sink right to the bottom.  

13 hours ago, RoyalT said:

You must perform a bootleg toilet test.  Only way to know for sure is to drop it in your toilet and see if it floats 🙂 Legit bootlegs are more dense, so they sink right to the bottom.  

Phase 1: see above.

Phase 2: sniff testing.

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2020 at 8:02 AM, RoyalT said:

lol, is this pedigree stuff a f****** joke?  Sorry, been away for a minute.

You might laugh at the pedigree stuff, but I feel the "Changhua Storehouse pedigree" is definitely worthy of this title. So much really, really good condition stuff from the same collection, then there's the vast volume of it all.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:41 PM, GPX said:

@fcgamer, I’m curious to know..

is there some genuine way you can tell a retro bootleg versus a modern repro of the retro bootleg?

Yeah, it's still quite easy. There's been some instances of people trying to fake stuff, but it's quite obvious if you know what you are looking for.

It might sound odd to you, that people would be faking old bootlegs, but outside of Japan, the US, and western Europe, the boots are much much more collectable and valuable than the real ones.

@acromite53: I think the guy was in the industry previously, either as a shopkeeper or a manufacturer or something of the like. Maybe he did rentals here?

I've gotten from him literally thousands of games spanning from Sega Mark era up through 2000s GBC / GBA games. 

Everything is generally in really really nice condition, a lot is (according to him) new old stock, even found a proto from him and a few boxes for bootleg games, which id never seen before. 

This sort of collection definitely screams pedigree to me, due to the general excellent quality and volume of it all.

• 7 months later...
Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

I was actually curious about this. I wanted to buy a game from skinny grinny and get it wata graded with the Florida collection on it.....will they just put whatever you want? Or do they somehow verify the title I made up?

They only add pedigrees to things they personally deem worthy.