IGNORED

The random gaming box train

Mae247

Just wanted to get train riders opinion on this as I want this to be everyone’s decision and not just mine.

In light of the virus outbreak I am thinking of parking the train for about a month.

I want everyone to respond to this in the following way:

If in support of @ me with In support of

If not in support of @ me with not in support of

If no opinion then @ me with neutral at this time

More details to follow after we have some sort of open discussion and I get your answers.

This is open to more than just riders at this time as I’m open to any opinions on this subject.

Administrator · Posted

@Mae247 In support of.

I'm not the 'panic' type, but I mean, this is something that is just silly and fun, and there is no urgency.  There shouldn't be any harm with just pausing for a bit to let things settle down.  While the most risk is through person-to-person contact, it can still be transferred on items, not to mention just an extra thing to manage and deal with / go to post office if that's the case, etc.  

I don't think it's a crazy thought, to just hold things up temporarily while we get settled in with whatever is happening.

The box is en route to me at the moment.  If people are hellbent against waiting, then sure, I'll send it along and you all can do as you please.  But I don't think it's a crazy thought to ask this question Mae.  You're just trying to do your due diligence and be careful.

• Like 2

@spacepup

I want you to hold on to it till the end of March. If anyone is not in support of this I am sorry. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if someone got sick because of me no matter if it is directly or indirectly.

If your mad, fine I get it. I will deal with the hatefulness as this is what I signed on for with bringing the idea to life.

Please, no need to drop out of the running. I’m not asking for the box to be sent to me as that’s silly at this time.

I trust spacepup. 

Don’t fill this thread up with hate please as this train has always been meant to be fun and not so serious.

Edited by Mae247

2 minutes ago, Mae247 said:

Postal worker here got it that way.

@spacepup

I want you to hold on to it till the end of March. If anyone is not in support of this I am sorry. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if someone got sick because of me no matter if it is directly or indirectly.

If your mad, fine I get it. I will deal with the hatefulness as this is what I signed on for with bringing the idea to life.

Please, no need to drop out of the running. I’m not asking for the box to be sent to me as that’s silly at this time.

I trust spacepup. 

Don’t fill this thread up with hate please as this train has always been meant to be fun and not so serious.

I don't know why you quoted me here. My post was not hateful in any way. 

Administrator · Posted

1) I'm in support of parking it. Even if it's not something that is transferred via packages like this, it still requires each person in the line to go to the post office at least once, and I think it'd be best to avoid sending people out to interact with others like that for something like this that is just supposed to be fun. Postponed doesn't mean cancelled. 

2) I don't see anyone saying anything Hateful so let's not jump to conclusions or take things personally. If you think someone is being negative or Hateful or whatever, I'd suggest clarifying with them, especially if you can do so privately. The majority of the people on this site are pleasant folks, and I'd generally err on the side of misunderstanding over malice. 

• Like 1

I think parking the box would be a good ideal for a time as the less interaction with people in public places the better until this mess is contained better.  Already have mass hysteria going on as it is and even if we use our heads and protect ourselves does not mean others are doing the same thing.  We have (as far as I know) 18 cases here in TN and an ungodly amount of scared folks with colds thinking the worst and even though its not even near me but doesn't mean I am being slack on keeping things sanitary around my home or when I go out. 

Edited by MuNKeY

I was asked for my opinion in here, so here it is.  I think worrying about your mail is completely unnecessary.  I still have to go to work, my kids are still going to school, not everyone has the luxury to be able to barricade themselves inside their homes.  Wipe you mail down with disinfectant wipes if it concerns you, keep your hands clean...this too shall pass.  Live your life. 

I'm not participating in the game box train though, so what I think doesn't really matter. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...