IGNORED

JJ Games shutting down

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Ok Piko can't seem to log in and was talking to me about that non-sense about resealing used games.

They're not, or at least they shouldn't be.

The games in question came from a distributor in Europe.  He's fairly certain they are new, but if not he wouldn't be sure, or they could be a sloppily sealed last run of stuff towards the end of the system life/run of the games.  (I'm asking) Is there anything concrete here you can eyeball beyond all doubt to call the stuff a reseal?  I'm really curious.

He says he also got a lot of new but not sealed up Genesis games, basically open box new like product due to no seal, but they've not been played before.  They'll get sold as a complete in box product since the seal is lost after all.

Piko is not aware though clearly what a proper GC seal is, he knows about the Y seal and they all are just that.  He linked me a guy opening a legit sealed Batman GC game up on youtube and says his seals looked like that one.  So going back to my own question in the middle there, is there a real certainty those GC games aren't new?

https://jjgames.com/#!/The-Simpsons-Road-Rage-Factory-Sealed/p/133735899/category=34187206

I'm not saying Piko resealed this but someone did. 

Firstly this seal is not a y-fold or h-seam. It looks like a sloppy retailer seal. Maybe it was a returned or damaged product that they resealed so they could still try to sell it. The real giveaway for me is that the cover art has slipped down inside the plastic. It's practically sticking out of the bottom. A good seal shouldn't allow that to happen. 

Crazy Taxi looks bad too. There are others that look like authentic seals, like Phantasy Star Online 3, Burnout or Dragon's Lair 3D. They are snug like they should be and while I can't see it I'm confident they have y-folds. 

Further, I think it's a shame these are all so dusty. Would have been smart to clean them before taking these pictures. 

This one is also pretty suspect.

Doesn't even look like it has a seal, which suggests it's either the most perfect seal ever(unlikely given all the scuffs and scrapes, none of which continue past the part of the box that holds the art together) or it's not sealed

Edited by PineappleLawnchair

They don't say "new."  They just say "factory sealed."  

Maybe they were resealed ........ at a factory........

It sort of reminds me of the guy on eBay selling games CIB, but in the description he said that CIB stands for "cart inside box."  No manual was included.  😐

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

They don't say "new."  They just say "factory sealed."  

.......maybe they were resealed ........ at a factory........

It sort of reminds me of the guy on eBay selling games CIB, but in the description he said that CIB stands for "cart inside box."  No manual was included.  😐

Lawyered

• Haha 2

In all seriousness, these games remind me of the games that Vintage Stock sells.  They decided a while back that it wasn't worth trying to store most of the disc based games behind the desk, so they leave most of them in the cases on the shelf, but in an attempt to make it just slightly more difficult to steal the disc, they reseal the cases.  They never try to pass these off as new, and no one in their right mind would think they are original seals.  It almost looks like whoever owns this current stock of games might have bought them from someone doing something similar.  So if someone told me that these games were resealed before JJ Games (or whoever is running it now) bought them, I could believe that.  But I'm confused how anyone running a site like this wouldn't be able to look at these and think that something isn't right.  

8 hours ago, drxandy said:

Those are Italian resealed games, you can perfectly identify them cause of their holographic stickers they have for taxing purposes (even though they're US games). 

Seriously it's funnier than you think: These were once US sealed games that were shipped to Italy, imported, then Italy has some taxing BS stuff where they have to identify these games and games have to have these stickers (I think they can't be sold without it, at least in physical stores), but many times (as is in this case and probably cause they had the US holographic sticker inside the seal originally) instead of placing the tax sticker on the original sealing plastic... they take off the original sealing plastic, probably add some italian papers inside the box with info from the supplier, or a health warning in Italian... and re-seal them again with that type of basic sealing plastic lol. THEN THEY PLACE THE STICKER. 

They probably bought these cheap from... Italy. Yeah. 

Logic, right?

Edited by NierAutomata
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow! 1

I think we're all in agreement here there are various reseals here, and I don't suspect Piko but either JJ in some cases but likely wherever JJ got them resealed them in various shoddy ways, perhaps that Italian connection just spoke of.  Whatever the case is, Piko just needs to take a look at the stuff and just flag the entire batch as resealed used or resealed unused(if provable) games and leave it at that.

11 hours ago, NierAutomata said:

Those are Italian resealed games, you can perfectly identify them cause of their holographic stickers they have for taxing purposes (even though they're US games). 

Seriously it's funnier than you think: These were once US sealed games that were shipped to Italy, imported, then Italy has some taxing BS stuff where they have to identify these games and games have to have these stickers (I think they can't be sold without it, at least in physical stores), but many times (as is in this case and probably cause they had the US holographic sticker inside the seal originally) instead of placing the tax sticker on the original sealing plastic... they take off the original sealing plastic, probably add some italian papers inside the box with info from the supplier, or a health warning in Italian... and re-seal them again with that type of basic sealing plastic lol. THEN THEY PLACE THE STICKER. 

They probably bought these cheap from... Italy. Yeah. 

Logic, right?

That would make these Italian versions in my book.

2 hours ago, NierAutomata said:

These are still US games... just not sealed. Like new at best. They were opened. 

If the games were imported into Italy for sale there, then a holographic sticker added for the Italian market, then ultimately these are Italian version games, not USA versions, no matter how they were initially born.

This is quite a common sight in Taiwan, you can ask @OptOut if you want another opinion than mine. But game imported for market in XYZ country, and modified for sale in that country = therefore that country's game.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:56 AM, The Strangest said:

Not gonna lie, that dinosaur game for GBC looks kind of cool.

Man, I was really looking forward to getting this game when I was a kid, was pretty bummed when it never came out. I think it was lost in the market transition from GBC to GBA, just fell through the cracks...

Might have to put in an order with JJ games sometime! 😄

• 1 year later...

I know this is a dead thread but I've placed two orders now with JJGames since Piko / Retro Industries started running it and I've had issues with both orders. The first time it was just a couple cheap games that didn't match the condition described on the website so I didn't push the issue but now I'm looking at 4 games that were described as sealed and are not in fact authentic sealed. Had to send an email asking to do a return but the last time I emailed I didn't hear back. Anyone have a contact there? 

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I haven't read the other pages but is Piko of Piko Interactive running JJ Games now? What about Price Charting? Is it the same Piko selling some of the Wisdom Tree properties?

Yes a year or two ago now he bought up the entire operation and if I recall what I was told, picked up the scripts, servers, stock supplies and moved them to where Piko runs his business which is in Texas.

Yes same Piko as the WT games which is one of the things I helped him out on now long ago.  He also has since done quite a few more releases for multiple old platforms from the NES through the GBA era pretty much.  A rare one who buys up old properties if possible, licenses otherwise, to resurrect lost stuff, and in cases when left unfinished gets it finished then releases it.  He's not everyones favorite, but what he has pulled off is quite amazing for what started as a one person operation and is still very small.

• Like 2