Jump to content
IGNORED

JJ Games shutting down


Recommended Posts

Member · Posted
21 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

The Price Charting website is basically unusable on mobile. 

I can't switch to CAD, or change the filter so the games are alphabetical. 

I literally came in here only to say that. I'm trying to take a look at some prices and it's a piece of shit.

That is all. I guess I'll DL the GVN app again.... 

I thought the app was ded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow! I knew they were reopening but did not expect this.

I spoke with JJ and he said that he will be continuing PC and hopes to have more time to dedicate to it.  It also confirmed that he turned down GoCollect's attempt to buy (probably back when they were

Ok I imagine you (some) from years ago when I was on NA knew I was friends with Piko (Eli) well I still am.  Considering all the back and forward guessing and comments I just asked him as I'm writing

Posted Images

  • 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, NierAutomata said:

JJgames site working again under the new management. Looks like they'll only sell those newer licensed, rerelease games. 

Guess I'll never use it again, shipment 16$, no thanks lol. 

Told ya!  Did I call it or what?  Their so-called "going out of business sale" was just a gimmick promotion like it's often used for...they just pretended like they're going out of business.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Did Piko buy them out?

Dunno, but the contact they provide through email is llcvgbrands@gmail.com, dunno who those guys are, but I'm betting it's someone related to gocollect, because they now ONLY sell sealed stuff lol. And it's mostly common games. 

Edited by NierAutomata
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, NierAutomata said:

Dunno, but the contact they provice through email is llcvgbrands@gmail.com, dunno who those guys are, but I'm betting it's someone related to gocollect, because they now ONLY sell sealed stuff lol. And it's mostly common games. 

Lol what a generic company name.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Estil said:

Told ya!  Did I call it or what?  Their so-called "going out of business sale" was just a gimmick promotion like it's often used for...they just pretended like they're going out of business.

I don't think that's quite what happened.   It does appear that somebody else bought the name at least, since the stuff being sold now doesn't match anything he used to have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

My guess is Piko bought them.  They are selling preorders of a Piko game that just ended it's Kickstarter.

https://www.jjgames.com/#!/Jim-Power-Standard-Edition-Preorder/p/175081122/category=34163003

 

Gotta be, look at this:

5993A6C3-E718-4775-9856-04277D26F110.jpeg.ed9515e3f70181882306b6bb6e5d2887.jpeg

is this lucrative? Selling modern releases for older consoles? Seems like a poor return for whatever it cost to buy a major used games URL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

JJ might have kept the inventory. They also sold stuff through PriceCharting and eBay. 

I'm pretty sure he got rid of it. Why would someone want to pay to store a warehouse full of loose games that you aren't in the business of selling? If it was high end sealed stock, I could maybe see hanging onto it for the potential appreciation/collectibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grondorr said:

I'm pretty sure he got rid of it. Why would someone want to pay to store a warehouse full of loose games that you aren't in the business of selling? If it was high end sealed stock, I could maybe see hanging onto it for the potential appreciation/collectibility.

Like I said, JJ didn’t just sell stuff through his site. He also sold stuff through PriceCharting marketplace and eBay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Like I said, JJ didn’t just sell stuff through his site. He also sold stuff through PriceCharting marketplace and eBay. 

But he said he was getting out of loose retro game sales, because he didn't want to compete with digital downloads. I'd assume that means ebay and pricecharting marketplace too. Actually, I can say for sure he's stopped selling on pricecharting marketplace, because I used to get flooded with announcements for the hundreds of carts for GBA he would regularly list. I haven't seen any since the announcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grondorr said:

But he said he was getting out of loose retro game sales, because he didn't want to compete with digital downloads. I'd assume that means ebay and pricecharting marketplace too. Actually, I can say for sure he's stopped selling on pricecharting marketplace, because I used to get flooded with announcements for the hundreds of carts for GBA he would regularly list. I haven't seen any since the announcement.

Oh ok, you are probably right then. I didn’t know that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I imagine you (some) from years ago when I was on NA knew I was friends with Piko (Eli) well I still am.  Considering all the back and forward guessing and comments I just asked him as I'm writing this.

Yes, he did buy out JJGames.  He says he bought it out and more than just the name/domain.  It's currently under reconstruction and reorganization.  Part of the buy out also extended into various stocks of stuff.  He's looking to add to the site his words here: About 6500 items, independent items, and about 17000 games total.  Of that around 6000 will be used games and 1250 factory sealed games, and also around 500 toys.  Those 2 game boxes showed, Custodian is something he published under Piko.

Right now he's trying to figure out the shipping mess, as JJ had it, it's not sustainable.  He can't give you free domestic shipping and $4USD international.  Shipping to the EU on the whole should be around $13, Canada $9, Mexico with another shipper should be $10 with a 6 day arrival.

Currently he's looking to move, so due to that he can't put a lot of that up for sale until after.  And of all that the JJ stuff it's like 5 pallets of inventory.

 

I'm not sure how much that clears stuff up, but it's what I was told so far.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 2:17 AM, Tanooki said:

He can't give you free domestic shipping and $4USD international.  Shipping to the EU on the whole should be around $13, Canada $9, Mexico with another shipper should be $10 with a 6 day arrival.

This is basically why I'm not buying there again, this business now is basically directed towards North America only. JJgames was a great place to get stuff under 25$ that wasn't released in Europe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NierAutomata said:

This is basically why I'm not buying there again, this business now is basically directed towards North America only. JJgames was a great place to get stuff under 25$ that wasn't released in Europe. 

In principle I entirely agree, but it's not really him to blame for not wanting to eat probably $10 or more in shipping on some piddly order to keep internationals happy.  It's a business after all, not a give away and I can imagine choking those costs down has to hurt.

 

4 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Not gonna lie, that dinosaur game for GBC looks kind of cool.

I entirely agree I wanted to buy that back in the GBC days. Tyrannosaurus Tex looked awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Piko can't seem to log in and was talking to me about that non-sense about resealing used games.

They're not, or at least they shouldn't be.

The games in question came from a distributor in Europe.  He's fairly certain they are new, but if not he wouldn't be sure, or they could be a sloppily sealed last run of stuff towards the end of the system life/run of the games.  (I'm asking) Is there anything concrete here you can eyeball beyond all doubt to call the stuff a reseal?  I'm really curious.

He says he also got a lot of new but not sealed up Genesis games, basically open box new like product due to no seal, but they've not been played before.  They'll get sold as a complete in box product since the seal is lost after all.

Piko is not aware though clearly what a proper GC seal is, he knows about the Y seal and they all are just that.  He linked me a guy opening a legit sealed Batman GC game up on youtube and says his seals looked like that one.  So going back to my own question in the middle there, is there a real certainty those GC games aren't new?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...