IGNORED

Games You Have Beaten Recently?

Nightowljrm

I just got the platinum for Concrete Genie. Definitely a fun little game, but given the length for even the platinum (7 hours or so), it may be worth waiting for it to be $20 or so. It's $30 MSRP, so it shouldn't take long. Having said that, the game is beautiful and I like how it handled the issues surrounding bullying. Painting the walls in the game was fun too, as everything you paint is automatically animated and pops with vibrant colors against the dreary town backdrop. It has a PSVR mode that I need to dig up my Move controllers so I can experience it. (The last several games I played on my PSVR used the DualShock or AIM controller).

PS Communities_20191023_223855.jpg

I think the games i finished somewhat recently were thps 2, portal 2, and dragon warrior 1 on gameboy)

I have so many games that ive started and progressed fairly far through that need to be finished (octopath traveler, hotline miami 2, kirby dreamland 2, the last remnant, and im sure quite a few more.)  Maybe someday lol

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I've been eyeing this since release but there are just so many quality games these days I haven't even bought it.

I was skeptical since it was billed as "like the 16-bit games of yore" but also got slammed by everyone that reviewed it. I personally thought it was great (thanks BridgeMute for the sale). Very much like 16-bit games in terms of mechanics, but also modern in its way. Probably the first Switch game that I'll replay.

2 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Just beat KHan's NEScape!  That last audio clue was my only real hangup.  Dope point and click puzzler all around.

Where is he anyway? @SoleGoose

You couldn't decipher u̡̱͉̱̗̪̘̭̦ͣͫ͂̎r̸̅͑͌̒͑͊ͧ̀͏̭̱͚͙̩o̸̧̮̗̗̱̝͔͈̩̊͌́ą̬̥͍̲͈͍͕̱̐ͦ͝ͅṇ̷̭̦͇̽͐͘͢n̗̝̼̪͔̙̈́nͦ͠͏̺̰͎̞̻͞z̭̘̬̖̭̤̭͊ͧ̽ͨͧ̎͢z̫̳̝͖̠̠̥̉̃̍̚͡? Noob.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

You couldn't decipher u̡̱͉̱̗̪̘̭̦ͣͫ͂̎r̸̅͑͌̒͑͊ͧ̀͏̭̱͚͙̩o̸̧̮̗̗̱̝͔͈̩̊͌́ą̬̥͍̲͈͍͕̱̐ͦ͝ͅṇ̷̭̦͇̽͐͘͢n̗̝̼̪͔̙̈́nͦ͠͏̺̰͎̞̻͞z̭̘̬̖̭̤̭͊ͧ̽ͨͧ̎͢z̫̳̝͖̠̠̥̉̃̍̚͡? Noob.

I actually guessed the right root word immediately. Absolutely could not hear the s at the end.

Just finished off a great game I'd recommend for Halloween, and that's the Ghostbusters Remastered game based off the 2009 game. I missed out on it back in the day, but I had a chance to get it here recently. It's spooky, it's funny, it's got great voice acting work (Original VA! YAY!), and as a huge fan with the franchise growing up, I came to appreciate it even more with all the lore and world-building this game comes up with (The classification system is very interesting)

The complaints I've heard about this game are negligible, being that it's a game from "2009" and the graphics aren't as good as games now (Seriously? Compare this to Fornite or something),  and the voice acting is a bit phoned-in, but to me the deliverances were as expected.

The only real problems I had were the music going out on the main menu screen, a scene not showing up with audio-only, and a bug to where I had to trap one final ghost, but there was no ghost to be found, even while using the PKE meter. A quick reset fixed most of those problems. There were a couple of times I didn't know what to do like where to fling the slime to trigger a door to open, or where to fling flying cherubs, but I figured that out. There was also a couple of artifacts, one I couldn't find but I was right on top of it, the other I couldn't find a way to get to, but I somehow cheated and got it by pressing the PKE meter through the wall. lol

Funny thing, I didn't fully grasp the entire concept of some things, like knowing there was a meter you can use to pound enemies until the near end of the game (I thought you could always slam 'em around with L2...), I didn't notice there was a health meter for the ghosts on the proton pack, and I didn't notice the PKE meter going off on the side of your belt when not in use (I was going through the whole game in full PKE and goggles mode when I didn't have to) I won't chalk this game up as having bad conveyances, but rather my inability to grasp said conveyances when they happen. But that goes to show how much awe and wonder I was in focusing on because I was being immersed in the world, which can distract me, but it's not a bad thing. 😛

Some pics coming up, just to show some parts of the firehouse and things. If anyone's interested, and haven't got a chance to play it on 360 or PS3, I highly recommend it. If you're a Halloween fan, a Ghostbusters fan, or both, go play it!

Game start screen grab. These are difficult to get sometimes as when you try to capture the image, PS4 greets you with "Cannot take a screenshot right now". Do it enough times, and you capture it. It's a game within itself. Like catchin' ghosts! 😛
spacer.png

The infamous Ghostbusters NES ending screen on the computer on the bottom right. This game is full of references to past GB games and movies. (The old Ghostbusters 2 logo is also hidden in the firehouse somewhere. lol)
spacer.png

The "Uncle Egon" image. It's stuff like this that makes this game great. 🙂
spacer.png

This part was so cool to me.
spacer.png

Someone got the Konami code wrong... (Under the Ecto-1 drawing lol)
Also, "Proton feedback @π³ temperatures" while crossing streams. What ever that means.
spacer.png

Some proof I beat it. Hahaha Cool image!
spacer.png

• Like 2

I played through Minit on Xbox game pass this evening.  Really cool puzzle adventure game.  Each life is 60 seconds as you traverse accross the map to complete your quest. Puzzles and light combat throughout.  Almost like a very shortened Zelda experience.  Only took about 2 hours to best.  Well worth it for the gameplay and soundtrack.

52 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

I played through Minit on Xbox game pass this evening.  Really cool puzzle adventure game.  Each life is 60 seconds as you traverse accross the map to complete your quest. Puzzles and light combat throughout.  Almost like a very shortened Zelda experience.  Only took about 2 hours to best.  Well worth it for the gameplay and soundtrack.

That game looks great!

I'm working on finishing Headlander tonight. It was kind of meh, but at the price of (essentially) free on Game Pass, I'm satisfied.

I sat down to play Pilotwings 64 for a bit after dinner.  Ended up running through the whole game and getting the credits.  That was the smoothest I have even played through that game.  Even the hand gliding went pretty well.  I forgot how much fun that game can be.  Also that music is fantastic.  Nintendo needs to make more games like this again.

11 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

I sat down to play Pilotwings 64 for a bit after dinner.  Ended up running through the whole game and getting the credits.  That was the smoothest I have even played through that game.  Even the hand gliding went pretty well.  I forgot how much fun that game can be.  Also that music is fantastic.  Nintendo needs to make more games like this again.

Oh yeah, it's a good one! My favourite part as a kid was just flying around in the Gyrocopter firing missiles at everything, usually on the little USA stage. It was also very satisfying when you manage to unlock the birdman suit, and you can truly take the game at your own pace, without the worry of fuel or keeping tight control of your flying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Oh yeah, it's a good one! My favourite part as a kid was just flying around in the Gyrocopter firing missiles at everything, usually on the little USA stage. It was also very satisfying when you manage to unlock the birdman suit, and you can truly take the game at your own pace, without the worry of fuel or keeping tight control of your flying.

I did the same thing a bunch.  I would use the GameShark for infinite fuel and low time.  Going through river run and shooting as many boats as possible was always fun.  Sometimes I would land and just drive the gyrocopter around the US.

Birdman(night) on that first island was great.  The music and exploration that provided was awesome.

Telling Lies. It's bad. Lots of listening to one side of two sided conversations, lots of irrelevant videos, lots of rewinding, not a super interesting story in the end after you slog through it. The developer tried to imitate their past success with Her Story in a way that entirely doesn't work IMO.

I broke down and got Modern Warfare Friday night. I've beaten the campaign on the normal difficulty, cleaned up the trophies, and now I'm beating it on Veteran. I went to a Universal Monster Movie Marathon this weekend as well as a few other social events, otherwise I'd have the platinum already, lol. It's pretty easy for a CoD game, no multiplayer trophies, just the campaign and meeting certain requirements in different missions. 

I'm glad I got it. The campaign is a blast. It pulls a few punches when it comes to modern warfare and terrorism, but it goes further than I thought it would, if I'm being honest. I'll dive into the multiplayer tonight.

... Sorry, Ys... that's the second time I've put you back on the shelf. >_< Whoops. 

Earlier in the year I rebeat a handful of NES games :

January :
Metroid (beat using keyboard without dying, didn't have a pc compatible controller at the time, and normally I'd totally suck playing like this, but Metroid is one of the not too difficult games)

March :
Faxanadu (logging down all the dialogue in the game, for studying, trying to translate to french)
Crystalis (same as above. you know, I hadn't played and beaten this game since, hell I don't remember, before I ever started keeping detailed records of my accomplishments in 2002. it was always a good game, but I enjoyed it far more this time than I ever had.)

April:
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (just because it's just such a good game)

Today:

Zelda : Link's Awakening - Gameboy (had no idea they remade this for the new Nintendo system until after I started it, I had downloaded a ton of games, decided to play this one because it had a french language version and I only ever played it long ago when my brother had a Gameboy, back in the 90s. Um, I started out really enjoying it, but as it dragged on I started getting tired of playing it, not as enjoyable as previous Zelda games, the game most of the time felt too restricting and cramped and puzzle heavy more than I care for, maybe I just got spoiled by the open world games I've been playing the past few years.)