IGNORED

Games You Have Beaten Recently?

Nightowljrm

Finished the Link's Awakening remake and I loved it. 100% faithful to the original. Though I admit a $60 retail price is steep and I probably wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't a top ~3 nostalgic game for me. Having said that, I'd gladly shell out $120 for remakes of the Oracle games using the same engine. They desperately deserve the remaster treatment and if it's gonna be on anything, it'll have to be the Switch.

I just started - and beat - Concrete Genie (PS4) last night. It's a beautiful little game, though a bit too short, even for $30. You can beat it moving casually in about five hours. I'll probably be able to get all the collectibles tonight for the platinum, even. That being said, when it inevitably becomes a $10 game, it's definitely worth picking up. Glad I got it for free. I'll share how I feel once I've 100% the game in greater detail. 

12 hours ago, Alder said:

Having said that, I'd gladly shell out $120 for remakes of the Oracle games using the same engine. They desperately deserve the remaster treatment and if it's gonna be on anything, it'll have to be the Switch.

100%! I was talking with a friend afterward and we both agreed on how much we'd love to see the Oracle games remade like this. Even better, could you imagine how cool it'd be if they decided to complete the trilogy as originally intended? (Or as close as it can be while still being faithful to the games that eventually came out). That would be wild. 

2 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

I just beat Link's Awakening on Switch.  That game is amazing.  I read that there were some performance issues, but I never experienced any of those.  Now I'm working on Ni No Kuni.  I was debating between that and Astral Chain, but Ni No Kuni grabbed me faster.

I wish I didn't notice the fps drop everytime I switched scenarios.
It was really disappointing to notice such an issue in a Zelda game.

25 minutes ago, Galdius said:

Like this.
You see a drop in FPS from 60 to 30.
Maybe scenarios isn't the right word, maybe "area" is a better one.

I see what you mean there.  I feel like I probably noticed it, too, but it just didn't bother me.  Of course, this was also my first time playing the game, so I could have just been biased.  

• Like 1

I just finished Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance. Overall I liked it.  The castle was interesting to explore and I hit about 190%.  The music was just ok.  The bosses all felt like pushovers.  It was really easy just to spam holy water and magic.

After getting the bad ending I just looked up the item locations to get the good ending. I just can't bother to spend a couple hours seeking out a handful of relics.

Don't see me returning to it but I would still recommended it a Castlevania fan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bronzeshield said:

All the games in the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the GameCube. Which, I guess, means I beat the collection itself as well.

I also beat Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (GameCube) on Hard and Tetris 2 (NES) on Hi speed.

Did you use the original Gamecube controller for the Megaman Collection? I can't imagine using an analog stick or the GC dpad. 

2 hours ago, LifeGame said:

Finished Axiom Verge, now playing Link awakening for the first time and having fun with it !

What did you think? As a big fan of Metroidvanias, I found myself disappointed. Something about it just didn't jive for me. I realize that places me in the minority opinion for this game, but I don't ever want to play it again.