IGNORED

Trying to Find Out if this GBA Game Exists

BirdDogGaming

On 2/14/2020 at 11:58 PM, thatgamernerd said:

Today I posted a video pretty much summing the entirety of my research on this combo pack. 

About 12 hours later, I get a message on my channel’s Facebook page with the following images. They are from a sealed copy of the game.

If you notice, it’s not even the box art that appears on Amazon and Lukie Games, but rather the “variant” I had included earlier in this thread (see DeeDee’s foot).

This has been a really enjoyable journey and I appreciate everyone’s assistance getting to this point! 

Does having only one UPC number mean the games are on one cartridge?

BC3E7806-93E5-49F9-87CF-6DDA5B0F0A34.jpeg

FBE092C9-AFD6-485B-B443-2049AD16D0A4.jpeg

It is two separate carts. Look above the UPC code. It has two part numbers one for each cart just like this variant:

image.thumb.jpeg.f6fd5ea9ad3a7131c7d63f235ce93883.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, netorare said:

Funny how not even a week after the video this is now on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/the-powerpuff-girls-mojo-jojo-a-go-go-dexter-s-lab-deesater-gba-box-only-/264640804330

box & manuals only, so we still don't know what versions of the games were released, but maybe try asking the seller?

Wow. Yeah, I’ll shoot them a message. I see this one sold today, any idea how long it was up for? 

10 minutes ago, netorare said:

Funny how not even a week after the video this is now on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/the-powerpuff-girls-mojo-jojo-a-go-go-dexter-s-lab-deesater-gba-box-only-/264640804330

box & manuals only, so we still don't know what versions of the games were released, but maybe try asking the seller?

Definitely our winner of the lukie lot. He's listing everything that was in there.

Full disclosure: I bought the box a few minutes before your post. 🙂

On 2/16/2020 at 3:04 PM, RpgCollector said:

Another pic

image.jpeg

Off topic but I never knew this release existed and now I want it so bad. I love multipack releases (any kind of release where multiple games from a certain console are repackaged into one release on that same console) and this looks like a good one. 

On another note, if anyone can help lead me toward a Namco Musuem / Pac Man World 2 for DS, that would be great!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, thatgamernerd said:

I’m messaging the eBay seller back and fourth. He says the box has two built-in cartridge slots, further clarifying that this was packaged with two carts. 

Looks like you’ll be getting the cardboard insert, too, even though it’s not shown in the pictures @Nesmaster

Built-in likely means non-removable, but I've been wondering about the design of the interior. Do they both sit up top, or is one accessed through the bottom, like a few standalone game boxes were made. I don't have that 4-in-1(2) posted above, so no idea.

Edited by Nesmaster

Box lot winner / Seller here.

First off my apologies to @coffeewithmrsaturn.  I won that lot without even realizing the value of that box.  When i came home from work and saw that winning  bid price tag i almost fell over.

Huge shout out to the buyer @Nesmaster and @thatgamernerd for filling me in on exactly what it was.  When I listed it for sale today, I knew it had to be rare due to the sheer lack of ANY info i could find on it when trying to price it.  I just tossed it up for $100 because I figured that would buy me some time to do more research, and it literally sold within minutes, so that's when I started asking those 2 questions.  Nesmaster sent me here and thatgamernerd sent me his Youtube video.  Both of which I greatly appreciate. 

I'm a huge box hoarder, so I apologize to anyone who gets stuck in a bidding war against me for a lot I find interest in!   Typically I only add items into my own collection that I have interest in actually playing or have played and enjoyed in the past.   So no disrespect to the cartoon network line up, but generally they aren't my cup of tea so I just tossed it up as fuel for my next venture... But after learning of it's Mysterious background from the 2 gentleman mentioned earlier, I'm super Salty I didn't find this thread while doing my research or else I would have kept this bad boy for my own collection because the back story is cool as hell. 

Alas, I respect the laws of the Bay - and @Nesmaster is the new owner. 

No matter how long you are in the collection scene, Its always super cool to learn and be a part of something new and generally unknown!  I'll enjoy my experience of owning it for the 2 weeks I had it.

And Again, I'm super appreciative of  @Nesmaster and @thatgamernerd for teaching me about what I (briefly) had.

Edited by Bawmbur
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Bawmbur said:

Box lot winner / Seller here.

First off my apologies to @coffeewithmrsaturn.  I won that lot without even realizing the value of that box.  When i came home from work and saw that winning  bid price tag i almost fell over.

Huge shout out to the buyer @Nesmaster and @thatgamernerd for filling me in on exactly what it was.  When I listed it for sale today, I knew it had to be rare due to the sheer lack of ANY info i could find on it when trying to price it.  I just tossed it up for $100 because I figured that would buy me some time to do more research, and it literally sold within minutes, so that's when I started asking those 2 questions.  Nesmaster sent me here and thatgamernerd sent me his Youtube video.  Both of which I greatly appreciate. 

I'm a huge box hoarder, so I apologize to anyone who gets stuck in a bidding war against me for a lot I find interest in!   Typically I only add items into my own collection that I have interest in actually playing or have played and enjoyed in the past.   So no disrespect to the cartoon network line up, but generally they aren't my cup of tea so I just tossed it up as fuel for my next venture... But after learning of it's Mysterious background from the 2 gentleman mentioned earlier, I'm super Salty I didn't find this thread while doing my research or else I would have kept this bad boy for my own collection because the back story is cool as hell. 

Alas, I respect the laws of the Bay - and @Nesmaster is the new owner. 

No matter how long you are in the collection scene, Its always super cool to learn and be a part of something new and generally unknown!  I'll enjoy my experience of owning it for the 2 weeks I had it.

And Again, I'm super appreciative of  @Nesmaster and @thatgamernerd for teaching me about what I (briefly) had.

Thanks for posting in hear and you sound like a class act! This place isn't just game collecting. You should hang out for a while and see if you can find your section to enjoy. People around here are pretty cool and easy to get along with, so newbs aren't shunned. It's at least better than Facebook.

13 hours ago, RH said:

Thanks for posting in hear and you sound like a class act! This place isn't just game collecting. You should hang out for a while and see if you can find your section to enjoy. People around here are pretty cool and easy to get along with, so newbs aren't shunned. It's at least better than Facebook.

Thanks!  I plan on spending some time later on looking around.

• 2 months later...

I was going through a list of GBA games around 2017 and I wasn't able to find any info on this game. Had it on an ebay saved search and the same for Lukie games. I just assumed it didn't exist. Very cool to finally get some info on it! It makes sense why it's been so scarce, since the box is really the only unique item. Has anyone gotten a high quality scan of the back of the box?

• 4 months later...

There are now three known copies of this game in existence and I'm beyond excited to say that I am the owner of one of them.

352957244_PowerpuffGirlsDextersLabComboPack1.thumb.jpg.987fc38e7196b547f0a43297e708231e.jpg

The story of how this came to be is pretty amazing. This isn't a reddit story where I tell you I scooped it up at Goodwill for $2.99, don't worry.

The other day I was doing some research on Game Boy Advance variants and looking around at different online stores. I've been looking for The Powerpuff Girls: Mojo Jojo A-Go-Go complete in box ever since I made this thread. For whatever reason, that game is pretty tough to find. So I was checking places that I don't usually check. One of those places was Amazon. I've never really been one to look at Amazon for retro games until the last few weeks, but I can promise you that is about to change.

When scrolling down the listings for Mojo Jojo A-Go-Go, there was a lot of "cart only", "CART ONLY!!!!!!", Cart Only". But when I got to the very last seller, who had a copy listed for $199.99, the description read "Condition: Collectible - Like New - Brand New - Factory Sealed 2-Pack (w/Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes) - Free Upgrade to First Class Shipping with Tracking!"

And the rest is history. I couldn't believe it. No pictures of the game were shown, but it was clear.

What's interesting is this combo pack has its own place on Amazon for sellers to list it under, so the fact that I managed to come across it by complete accident is insane.

The seal does have a couple of tears and the box wouldn't get that glorious A+-√π^2 from Wata, but you can't be too picky with this one. Here's to hoping I didn't just spend $200 on a game DealTavern finds and sells for $18.39 someday.

392337159_PowerpuffGirlsDextersLabComboPack3.thumb.jpg.f84166caee77f160ff35007f9c443e52.jpg

520134196_PowerpuffGirlsDextersLabComboPack2.thumb.jpg.3ba58a004275726e695b72b185887315.jpg

• Like 6

Wow. Congrats on a pickup of an extremely rare GBA 2-Pack release!!!!!  Great story, and serves you right for being dilligent and doing so much research and searching on it, that you came across one available like that at some point when you were just doing basic searching/research on it, and not even really expecting to find it. And then you found one available. Awesome. 👏 

Amazon is a treasure trove that lots of collectors tend to stay away from for whatever reason, but it’s a great resource to find games in for sure. I get tons of stuff there. It’s a completely different beast than eBay, but a good one to have and understand the nuances of how it all works. 

Nice pickup!!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 12:33 AM, MiamiSlice said:

By the way, I posted about my find in a Facebook group a while back and someone DM'd me this picture. 

spacer.png

So put this Risk / Battleship / Clue / Connect Four / Perfection / Trouble on the list!

Oh man seeing yars revenge brings back memories. Now I wanna collect gba. Ugggggggghhhhhh