IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

5 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

I forgot how freaking hard Star Wars Racer is at the end game. I feel like a damn fool. I am gonna keep trying but in the meantime @Beliskner if you beat it first, go ahead and post it in here.

Lol. I was wondering if I was one of the few that couldn't beat that game. I have played through that game several times and have yet been able to finish it. Still such a great game though...

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, KokiriChild said:

I forgot how freaking hard Star Wars Racer is at the end game. I feel like a damn fool. I am gonna keep trying but in the meantime @Beliskner if you beat it first, go ahead and post it in here.

Same as you guys. I had this game as a kid, and it's a pretty good game. I'd get really used to one specific racer, then somehow discover that I do way better with another one. And I'd continue cycling through the same 3 racers over and over. But never able to nail the last few races.

So far, the Ready 2 Rumbles have been the games that I enjoyed the most. I remember renting the first one as a kid and probably putting 20 hours on it in a week, but I forgot how good it was...Then again, maybe I'm just a sucker for boxing games...There was a kickboxing game on PS1 that I rented 3-4 times that I thought was amazing, but I cant remember the name...

On 1/21/2020 at 9:44 AM, Nugfish said:

Beat Scooby -Doo. That was a fun one to play with the kids.

20200120_193845.jpg

Oof, was not a fan of this game. I appreciate what they were going for, and the "live the cartoon!" hook is a decent draw.

However, for me the novelty of the premise was immediately overshadowed by the terrible controls, awkward fixed camera angles and simplistic "A to B" puzzles and gameplay.

Glad you and the kids were able to find some fun in it tho! 🙂

Events Helper · Posted

started blast corps in between dieing of sars.  beat the first missions, the "easy" missions.  Getting gauntlet in tomorrow hopefully.  I was hoping to have 2 or 3 knocked out this week, but that didn't happen because all i can do is sleep 😞  Hopefully by the weekend i will feel better and finish blast corps and maybe one more.

45 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

started blast corps in between dieing of sars.  beat the first missions, the "easy" missions.  Getting gauntlet in tomorrow hopefully.  I was hoping to have 2 or 3 knocked out this week, but that didn't happen because all i can do is sleep 😞  Hopefully by the weekend i will feel better and finish blast corps and maybe one more.

You enjoying Blast Corps dude?! One of my favourite games for sure!

Don't beat yourself up about not finishing other games, you gotta beat SARS first, ha ha ha! 😛

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OptOut said:

Oof, was not a fan of this game. I appreciate what they were going for, and the "live the cartoon!" hook is a decent draw.

However, for me the novelty of the premise was immediately overshadowed by the terrible controls, awkward fixed camera angles and simplistic "A to B" puzzles and gameplay.

Glad you and the kids were able to find some fun in it tho! 🙂

I had played it a few times before and quit halfway through the first level because of the horrible controls. If it was anything other than Scooby-Doo, it would have never left my shelf. BTW, I love all of the Scooby-Doo games on XBOX/PS2.

Edited by Nugfish
Typo

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

blast corps is pretty good thus far.  hate the dump truck tho.  lol

Oh yeah, backlash! Honestly, I've never totally gotten to grips with that truck even beating the game multiple times. You get a few REALLY tough levels with him later on, so be prepared! Totally worth seeing it through though, Blast Corps is the game that keeps on giving the more you power through it!

4 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

I had played it a few times before and quit halfway through the first level because of the horrible controls. If it was anything other than Scooby-Doo, it would have never left my shelf. BTW, I love all of the Scooby-Doo games on XBOX/PS2.

Oh yeah, I've seen there's like 3 XBOX scooby doo games! So you recommend do ya? I might have to pick those up, I'd imagine they're insanely cheap, lol!

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Lol, thanks for taking some breaks from dying to play some N64.

Blast Corps: "time to get moving!"

Gauntlet: one of my favorites. Fantastic multiplayer. The single-player is great too, but the game starts to drag just a little toward the end. You just want to get to the final boss already, and then you have to grind a bit (or at least I did) to be able to face him. And there's just a couple of levels where I always seem to get stuck, it feels like I've killed everything, collected everything, found every secret, and hit every switch, but then there'll be a "you need a switch" door or a locked door between me and the exit, and I wander around the whole level, alone, chucking stuff at everything to try and find what I missed. That's the worst.

I realize you didn't ask for tips, but here's what I like to do: sell all your stuff after every level (except keys, and potions if you use them) to buy more stats. When you're leveled up enough that the Thunder Hammer starts to appear midway through the very first level, that becomes a great place to grind. The hammer immediately kills everyone onscreen, and you get 3 hits every time you collect it. Learn the different ways to use potions. I like the one where you make it surround you like a shield so you can just plow through a mob of enemies. If you know Death is inside a chest, use a potion on the chest. You'll hear him die ("AAAAAAAAAAAA" probably sars) and the chest will contain a fruit.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm trucking along in Rampage World Tour. It's so looooong lol. Playing Rampage by yourself just isn't as fun as with a friend. 

I remember renting it as a kid and my brother & I beating it that day...a couple months ago, my daughter & I played it...by the time we reached level 30 I could have taken a break to play cheetahmen II...

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Nugfish said:

I remember renting it as a kid and my brother & I beating it that day...a couple months ago, my daughter & I played it...by the time we reached level 30 I could have taken a break to play cheetahmen II...

Honestly I feel like as adults we sort of lose the whimsy in beating each other up in co-op games. I just kinda wanna beat the game, fun be damned, and that's probably the problem. Having infinite continues with zero repercussions for death certainly plays its part.