IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

ugh, lol, but i am thinking bout buying it.  we will see.  I got a question to a guy bout it.  bought glover last night, whether or not it was a mistake is yet to be seen.  

Can't weigh in on Glover yet, as I haven't played that one. It's time will definitely come tho, with all the heat it's taking around here, it's definitely on my radar, lol!

1 hour ago, Beliskner said:

Gonna start Airboarder 64 later today. Wish me luck 😄

Oh! I actually like this game. It doesn't really achieve what it sets out to do, in terms of game design it's essentially broken. But, it tries really hard and is actually fun with a lot to do and explore, so it's kinda bad/good you know?

You need any tips let me know! 🙂

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

Honestly, my biggest problem with Honey Hunt is simply I wish they had voiced cut-scenes rather than just text. Would have been great to hear the original voice actors reprise their roles for the game. But then again, that's more like wishful thinking than an actual criticism of the game.

Have you played the PlayStation version? I haven't, but based on what I've seen in YouTube videos, it has exactly that -- voiced cut-scenes with either the original actors, or excellent impersonators.

Glover honestly isn't a bad game design-wise. The puzzles and the required use of the ball are actually quite good and makes for a unique platformer that I might even consider a hidden gem for the system. The problem is that the controls and camera are SO early 3D-game-era bad that it makes it really hard to enjoy. 

I immediately noticed that with Honey Hunt (playing it now!). I know voice acting on the cartridge based 64 is rare, but I do find it odd that it is missing considering that the other Disney Interactive 64 games like Donald Duck and Tarzan have the voices.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

Glover honestly isn't a bad game design-wise. The puzzles and the required use of the ball are actually quite good and makes for a unique platformer that I might even consider a hidden gem for the system. The problem is that the controls and camera are SO early 3D-game-era bad that it makes it really hard to enjoy. 

I immediately noticed that with Honey Hunt (playing it now!). I know voice acting on the cartridge based 64 is rare, but I do find it odd that it is missing considering that the other Disney Interactive 64 games like Donald Duck and Tarzan have the voices.

The issue with Glover gameplay-wise compared to a good few other N64 games is that it's basically PURELY a game, architecturally speaking. Compare the levels to Gex, Mario, Donkey Kong, Banjo Kazooie, and you'll notice that Glover for the most part is empty space and weird twists and turns. At least by comparison to the others. I think it's most noticeable in the carnival level. There's set pieces but they're kind of just strewn about; had the level design been better to accommodate the well designed platforms it'd be much nicer to play through.

And if they just didn't do the dumb control reversal. I get why they did it, but it's still dumb.

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

Oh! I actually like this game. It doesn't really achieve what it sets out to do, in terms of game design it's essentially broken. But, it tries really hard and is actually fun with a lot to do and explore, so it's kinda bad/good you know?

You need any tips let me know! 🙂

Honestly I gave up after about an hour 😐. I just can't get my rider to do what I want.

Playing Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer instead now.

40 minutes ago, Beliskner said:

Honestly I gave up after about an hour 😐. I just can't get my rider to do what I want.

Playing Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer instead now.

Just so you know Ive also been playing SW Racer and only have like 3 races left before I beat it.

Edited by KokiriChild

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

I like it too 😂 

I guess I can try Aidyn. I've never actually sat down to play it, but every time I have played a portion it seems very tedious.

I'm actually planning to play both Quest and Aidyn this year, so do what your heart tells you. Live!

13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm actually planning to play both Quest and Aidyn this year, so do what your heart tells you. Live!

You can have them both. RPGs are not my favorite genre. (I like em, but they take so dang long!) 

I wanna try at least one hard title this year that I haven't conquered before. Maybe Starcraft 64?

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2020 - 26/303
Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

Does anyone mind if I call dibs on Mario Party 3? I absolutely adore the story mode in that game and will play it after I beat SW Racer and Tarzan.

Lol be my guest. I did that one a couple years back, the RNG had me pulling my hair out. Those 2-player duel boards are just random chance the whole way through.

(Of course there's no real dibs rule, but I think it's a safe bet that nobody will beat you to it.)

• Like 1