IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2020 - 20/303

My brother & I used to play Brunswick Pro Circuit Bowling for hours on end and we would win tournaments all the time, but I can't remember the lines we used. I played it for about an hour this morning with a high score of 167; we averaged 230's! Just hitting the pocket doesn't get it done, it is sooo touchy. I'm going to keep trying to figure it out without rage quitting... 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, KokiriChild said:

WHY DOES THE CONTROL REVERSE WHEN YOU ARE WALKING ON TOP OF THE BALL!?! IT IS A BULLSHIT DESIGN!!! 

- Me, 20 minutes ago

Cuz you're walking forward, which makes the ball go the other way. Physics! You control Glover, not the ball. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

got both sarges heroes in the other day, imma start working on them and continue with tetrisphere in between.  Mix in some goldeneye even tho @Gloves beat me to it 🤣 which is ok kuz i have been sucking at it and taking forever.  I thought it would be a quick play, but apparently 10+ years of saying i need to play it was just too much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

got both sarges heroes in the other day, imma start working on them and continue with tetrisphere in between.  Mix in some goldeneye even tho @Gloves beat me to it 🤣 which is ok kuz i have been sucking at it and taking forever.  I thought it would be a quick play, but apparently 10+ years of saying i need to play it was just too much.

Tetrisphere is beatable? That was one of the first games I ever owned as a kid and I still can't get any further than 12 y.o. me

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Mmm yes, Tetrisphere. In the main rescue mode, you actually get a credit roll after 5-10 and 8-10, but the levels keep coming until you finish 10-10. So even though the rule is generally Any%, credits-and-you're-done, it doesn't really "feel" beaten until 10-10 is done, and we haven't really decided on whether it's required or not. Ask @OptOut about it. But there are also other modes that you can "beat" and get credits, so do whatever you want.

That guy MeridianPrime who beat every N64 game and streamed it, and knocked out a zillion games for us in 2018, agreed that he wouldn't call it beaten after 5-10, since the game auto-continues after the credits. But... then on his stream he called it beaten after 5-10.

I would have to say, 10-10 is the true final level of Tetrisphere, nothing else would feel complete to me. And no, although I have gotten that far, I have never beaten it myself... Perhaps if @Jeevan can't do it then I might give that another go this year.

I'm gonna have to just get back into the zone with it tho, turn up the kicking sound track and down a few 🐅 beers to get REALLY into it!

Alternatively, there is the puzzle mode which has 100 levels and is kind of adjacent to the main game. It's more like a set puzzle challenge you have to clear and then move on, but I never found it that interesting. I haven't really played much of that, but if you could beat that mode, I guess it would also count.

Edited by OptOut

Events Helper · Posted

OMG, how the fuck do you get used to sarges heroes controls..........fuck me, no cross hairs unless u use the r button.  That was a bit of an oversight imo.  I kinda gave up a bit, gonna have to get used to that.  Ill tackle them, even though I feel like the controls suck 🤣  Also got my frickin blast corps in 👍  Came from Alaska, I didn't even notice until I checked on tracking.  Almost international shipping lol.  got free shipping tho. so that is a plus and a half 🙂 

4 hours ago, Jeevan said:

OMG, how the fuck do you get used to sarges heroes controls..........fuck me, no cross hairs unless u use the r button.  That was a bit of an oversight imo.  I kinda gave up a bit, gonna have to get used to that.  Ill tackle them, even though I feel like the controls suck 🤣  Also got my frickin blast corps in 👍  Came from Alaska, I didn't even notice until I checked on tracking.  Almost international shipping lol.  got free shipping tho. so that is a plus and a half 🙂 

I played through Sarge's Heroes last summer and also marveled at how poor the controls are. I watched some gameplay of it on 3DO and it looked MUCH better...

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2020 - 21/303