Splain

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 83/303

59 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

In less than 2 months we are officially past the 25% mark! 

Yeah, mostly thanks to you slammin' em out. Did Bassmasters 2000 take a long time?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Splain said:

Yeah, mostly thanks to you slammin' em out. Did Bassmasters 2000 take a long time?

7 tournament w/3 days per tournament, and I weighed in early most of the days. I don't know for sure, but it was 6-8 hours. 

I've always bagged on the N64 fishing games, but that was actually pretty good. I am now curious how Bass Hunter is. That will probably be on deck in the next couple weeks.

47 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Almost done with wcwnwo revenge.  got the tag title to do...... 

Wrestlemania 2000 was the only wrestling game I was ever able to get into. I applaud you getting those WCW games done!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nugfish said:

Wrestlemania 2000 was the only wrestling game I was ever able to get into. I applaud you getting those WCW games done!

Never played that one, but I used to play the shit outta the wcw games.  Loved beating the snot outta my buddies, until we all learned the joystick gets you outta pins instantly.  Then it just became marathons until it didn't work anymore 🤣.  Also, tag team does suck, I have tried it like 5 times.......I will explain why when I beat it hehe.

Ok.  Revenge is done.  now on to world tour.  @OptOut we did it buddy😘.  we r the champions!  ok so I did contouts kuz I couldn't spend 25 mins. a match on the tag.  oof.  but anyways any more evidence or are we good @Splain?  I got all 5 titles and seen the credits 5 times.  so my comment earlier about trying tag team multiple times is becuz for some reason I couldn't get back in the ring fast enough lol.  but it's done.  

15821004122091630576277.jpg

1582100433967359235444.jpg

15821004671561535219928.jpg

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

If u just want credits then I did a league challenge in world tour and got them.  let me know if this is enough @Splain.  if not I'll play more!  if it's good then world tour is a done!

1582102731573443305693.jpg

• Like 1

Tarzan complete boys

15821201380821579161096.jpg

15821201818081909731743.jpg

Plan on trying to finish buck bumble this weekend and prolly blast corps 🤞hopefully.  Then on to sarges heroes 1 & 2.  Then I got aerofighter assault, might try it, but looks like it could be bad 🤣.  If i get a chance as well i bought duke nukem zero hour.  Just my lineup unless anyone wants to do any.........but i am about 1/3 or more into buck bumble so I would like to try and finish it if i can.  Also, imma try and get a buddy or someone to play gauntlet with me, not as fun by yourself.

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 2

Wow, plowing through em Jeevy, great stuff!

Duke Nukem Zero Hour is a great game IMO, I especially enjoyed the Wild West levels! Let me know how you get on with it! 🙂

• Like 1

So curiosity is getting the best of me...The N64 gets dumped on pretty heavily which makes me wonder what those who post in this thread enjoy about it? 

I was born in 1990 so there is definitely a nostalgia factor for me because this was the first console I remember getting new. Besides how quickly the thumbsticks loosen up, I really like the controller. I think almost all of the first-party published titles are excellent (including sports titles) and I was never a JRPG person so the lack of those titles never bothered me. People say the graphics haven't aged well which is certainly true in some cases, but it still has a unique charm to it: the N64 Mario is my favorite version of all generations.

Are we all in a similar age bracket? Perhaps that is the prerequisite?

Just now, Nugfish said:

So curiosity is getting the best of me...The N64 gets dumped on pretty heavily which makes me wonder what those who post in this thread enjoy about it? 

I was born in 1990 so there is definitely a nostalgia factor for me because this was the first console I remember getting new. Besides how quickly the thumbsticks loosen up, I really like the controller. I think almost all of the first-party published titles are excellent (including sports titles) and I was never a JRPG person so the lack of those titles never bothered me. People say the graphics haven't aged well which is certainly true in some cases, but it still has a unique charm to it: the N64 Mario is my favorite version of all generations.

Are we all in a similar age bracket? Perhaps that is the prerequisite?

I'm an 88 baby, so pretty close. Nostalgia plays a big part I'm sure, but overall I'd say that n64 was a sweet spot in 3d gaming of function meeting simplicity. Because 3d gaming on console was so new at the time you get a good mix of games either playing it super safe, or really going nuts trying to stand out. 

Overall I think you'll find that sequels on the system stand out quite well. Tony hawk 2, extreme g 2, Majora's Mask especially. They took what made the first games great and honed em. 

I find the N64 fun in a relaxing kinda way. There's not much "hardcore" about the system, and I think that was largely Nintendo trying to lead the fun charge. Mostly quirky games. 

57 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I find the N64 fun in a relaxing kinda way. There's not much "hardcore" about the system, and I think that was largely Nintendo trying to lead the fun charge. 

Very well put. That reflects my sentiments as well.

Even N64 haters usually concede that the high end of the N64 library (Mario, Zelda, Banjo, Paper Mario etc) is completely off the charts, then everyone disagrees about how quickly it tapers off. There's definitely something endearing about the extremely blocky early-3D polygon graphics, but I don't fault anyone for not liking it. I grew up with it.

I must be the old man here, I was 13 when it came out.  I loved the multiplayer, which to me is the main staple of the n64.  Going back and playing, it is pretty obvious that was its bread and butter.  I do love a lot of the single player games tho.  I havent played too many tbh, just what small library i had as a kid.  I am not dogging the 64 at all.  I remember countless hours of goldeneye, mario kart, wrasslin, and harvest moon.  All in all, it is a nostalgiac system for me, but I consider the era before it the golden age of gaming because that is the era I really grew up in 🙂.

I was 14 when it came out although I was also a PS1 guy.  I'm proud to say that I was never an N64 hater.  I don't even recall having arguments about PS1 vs N64.  Some of us just had different consoles.  I remember the N64 being the preferred console for multi-player, but for me that wasn't enough to justify it.  The PS1 just had the games I wanted to play.  I also remember not knowing a single person with a Saturn.  I was certainly aware of its existence, but never knew anyone who owned it while it was an active system.  The vast majority of my N64 gaming hours were in college playing Mario Kart 64.  However, this was during the next generation while PS2 and GC were active.