IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

So far I have beaten 3 of the 10 stadium cups in Stadium 2. 

7 more cups, 2 Gym Leader Castles, and a Rival battle to go...

Also, R-2 completion isn't necessary for Stadium/Stadium 2, correct? Seeing as they are essentially New Game + ??

Nah, as soon as you get a credit roll, you're done.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2020 - 57/303
Events Helper · Posted

ugh, @Splain  I don't know what you can do, but can you change the font or the table background on the tables themselves........I cant read some of them without highlighting them with me mouse.  I hate to bother ya with it, but I hate it!!!!  Damn it @Gloves  fix dark mode 😛 .  If not I will suffer through........

Edited by Jeevan

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

ugh, @Splain  I don't know what you can do, but can you change the font or the table background on the tables themselves........I cant read some of them without highlighting them with me mouse.  I hate to bother ya with it, but I hate it!!!!  Damn it @Gloves  fix dark mode 😛 .  If not I will suffer through........

It's not that anything is wrong with Dark Mode, it's that whatever Splain is using (presumably Google Sheets) is carrying over the white background color from the spreadsheet in the html when he pastes it onto the forum, and then the dark mode theme is setting the text to white, which makes it illegible.

TEST:

Polar Bear 1 01.01.2020 -34 67
Polar Bear 2 01.02.2020 -48 75
Polar Bear 3 01.03.2020 -62 83
Polar Bear 4 01.04.2020 -76 91
Polar Bear 5 01.05.2020 -90 99

Yeah looks fine from mine. Comparing to Splain's, he's got alternating background colors on his sheet. That's the problem, not Dark Mode's fault.

• Sad 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

Oh......ok........sorry to ping u then, carry on @Gloves!

No worries. See I can replicate the issue no problem, by adding a background color on google sheets:

Polar Bear 1 01.01.2020 -34 67
Polar Bear 2 01.02.2020 -48 75
Polar Bear 3 01.03.2020 -62 83
Polar Bear 4 01.04.2020 -76 91
Polar Bear 5 01.05.2020 -90 99
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
51 minutes ago, Splain said:

Ah snap, yes I'm definitely pasting from Sheets with alternating colors. I'll have to experiment to try and remedy that. Or I can bribe Gloves to let me make HTML tables. 😄

thanks u sexy bastard I can't see how low in the rankings I am 😘  also note I'm drinking so d ont take any offense 😂

Edited by Jeevan

**SPLAIN ALERT**

Am I doing this right? Anyway, I have played Star Wars: Rogue Squadron until the end of chapter IV where the credits roll.

While this game successfully evokes an authentic Star Wars athmosphere and plays well for the most part, some aspects of this game are quite aggravating and didn't age too well. Especially some of the later missions were really difficult and frustrating like the mission in the cloud city which goes on for far too long and is incredibly difficult or the second bomber mission where you're in a volcano crater and constantly get hit by seeker missiles without any hopes of evading them. Oftentimes I couldn't even see the missiles or shots from enemies and couldn't udnerstand why I did get hit or why I just died.

Of course you have a few lives for every mission, but whenever you fail or run out of lives you get have to endure the long-winded game over screen and have to get through several menus. Just why isn't there an easy redo option or something like that? This was annoying even with regular missions because I died so often, but I imagine that this must be even more frustrating when you're aiming for gold in every level. Also, in some mission it was unclear what I had to do or why I suddenly failed a mission etc.

Overall this game doesn't seem quite as good as I remembered it and I would honestly rather replay Star Fox 64.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

shit u beat me to it lol  still a fun play tho.  good job bud I shouldn't have drank whiskey to play lol

12 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

**SPLAIN ALERT**

Am I doing this right? Anyway, I have played Star Wars: Rogue Squadron until the end of chapter IV where the credits roll.

While this game successfully evokes an authentic Star Wars athmosphere and plays well for the most part, some aspects of this game are quite aggravating and didn't age too well. Especially some of the later missions were really difficult and frustrating like the mission in the cloud city which goes on for far too long and is incredibly difficult or the second bomber mission where you're in a volcano crater and constantly get hit by seeker missiles without any hopes of evading them. Oftentimes I couldn't even see the missiles or shots from enemies and couldn't udnerstand why I did get hit or why I just died.

Of course you have a few lives for every mission, but whenever you fail or run out of lives you get have to endure the long-winded game over screen and have to get through several menus. Just why isn't there an easy redo option or something like that? This was annoying even with regular missions because I died so often, but I imagine that this must be even more frustrating when you're aiming for gold in every level. Also, in some mission it was unclear what I had to do or why I suddenly failed a mission etc.

Overall this game doesn't seem quite as good as I remembered it and I would honestly rather replay Star Fox 64.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron.jpg

Edited by Jeevan
  • Wow! 1

Events Helper · Posted

I loved it tbh.  I have fond memories of the game.  love the second one too.  I have it but need to get a cube.  anyways good job.  definitely harder than I remember and my led doesn't play well on the darker levels so I definitely struggled on the volcano as well.  

Edited by Jeevan

Wow, this was extremely close! I am sorry though. Maybe we both can get the points as an exceptions since it was so close?

Thanks. And yes, it was definitely very hard! I had to go back a few levels and get the advanced shields and blasters or I would never have made it. And even with these the final battle against Moff was very tough. The second one was really great, iirc, but I unfortunately sold it back in the day...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I loved it tbh.  I have fond memories of the game.  love the second one too.  I have it but need to get a cube.  anyways good job.  definitely harder than I remember and my led doesn't play well on the darker levels so I definitely struggled on the volcano as well.  

This was one I had as a kid. I still really enjoy it, but it is harder than balls IMO

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 57/303