IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

• The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 126/303
  • The title was changed to Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 127/303
Events Helper · Posted

ultra hdmi dude emailed me back!!!!!!  Might actually get one soon.  Looking forward to it for sure, maybe I can play things like duke nukem on my flat screens lol.  I know opty has one, does anybody else have one?  I think i seen gloves on the shmups forum on the list in one of the rounds and puppywaffles maybe?  Looks like a lot of you have used that guy.

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

ultra hdmi dude emailed me back!!!!!!  Might actually get one soon.  Looking forward to it for sure, maybe I can play things like duke nukem on my flat screens lol.  I know opty has one, does anybody else have one?  I think i seen gloves on the shmups forum on the list in one of the rounds and puppywaffles maybe?  Looks like a lot of you have used that guy.

I really want one, but keep holding onto hope that Analogue will come out with an N64 console. 🤞

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
19 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

I really want one, but keep holding onto hope that Analogue will come out with an N64 console. 🤞

well if u ever are interested this guy charges price plus 50 bux for install.....be about 200 total without the purchase of a console which I need to do

• Like 1

Extreme-G2 is driving me crazy. At first it took a lot of time for me to even get used to the very different controls. It feels like I'm constantly oversteering plus it's very easy to bash against something and to turn around so that I'm driving in the wrong direction. Then there are the tracks which take a lot of time to get used to as well. On the one hand they sometimes have turns that can not be seen in advance or some passages where I don't even see where I'm going. On the other hand the tracks seem to slightly differ depending on the difficulty. This makes it extremely difficult to learn the tracks, if I have to constantly adjust to these small yet decisive changes.

But after a while I got used to this and managed to beat most cups in all of the three difficulties. However, now that I'm trying Mirror Mode I can't seem to make any progress. All of a sudden the CPU opponents are extremely good, even on normal difficulty. Any minor mistake throws me back a few ranks and a big mistake can ruin the whole race. I now have trouble to win even a single race and have not made it past the second track. Is it just me or does the difficulty increase significantly? And to make matters even worse I seemingly have to be first in every race? Just how are you supposed to beat that? Can anyone maybe give some advice? Maybe I'm doing something wrong because this is just sooo much harder than the first game.

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Extreme-G2 is driving me crazy. At first it took a lot of time for me to even get used to the very different controls. It feels like I'm constantly oversteering plus it's very easy to bash against something and to turn around so that I'm driving in the wrong direction. Then there are the tracks which take a lot of time to get used to as well. On the one hand they sometimes have turns that can not be seen in advance or some passages where I don't even see where I'm going. On the other hand the tracks seem to slightly differ depending on the difficulty. This makes it extremely difficult to learn the tracks, if I have to constantly adjust to these small yet decisive changes.

But after a while I got used to this and managed to beat most cups in all of the three difficulties. However, now that I'm trying Mirror Mode I can't seem to make any progress. All of a sudden the CPU opponents are extremely good, even on normal difficulty. Any minor mistake throws me back a few ranks and a big mistake can ruin the whole race. I now have trouble to win even a single race and have not made it past the second track. Is it just me or does the difficulty increase significantly? And to make matters even worse I seemingly have to be first in every race? Just how are you supposed to beat that? Can anyone maybe give some advice? Maybe I'm doing something wrong because this is just sooo much harder than the first game.

Good luck, I hate racing games.  I have never played it otherwise I would tell ya if I knew 🙂  Hope u can do it tho.  

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

gonna hit it hard tomorrow, being saturday, took a night off to play werewolf and chill.  I will most likely get wetrix done and work on the gex i was working on tho.  So here is hoping.

Gotta keep it rollin'!!!!!!!

Edited by Jeevan

So I gave Extreme-G2 a few more tries. Luckily you can save your progress every 4 tracks and I eventually beat the first four thanks to clever use of weapons to demolish my toughest rivals. However the next group of 4 tracks was extremely difficult with tracks 7 and 8 being major roadblocks. It was there that I encountered strange glitches, like when I bumped into a wall, made a complete turn so that I drove into the wrong direction. And as I was trying to turn around again and to move on I suddenly fell through the walls into nothingness! This happened several times and can ruin an attempt since they count this as falling into a pit. Also, enemies proved to be very dangerous on some of these tracks with their weapons and would thus ruin many of my good runs.

However, I just managed to get to the second save point. 8 tracks are done, but the worst is yet to come. Tracks 11 and 12 were incredibly difficult even on normal difficulty, i.e. I am not looking forward to trying them here.

• Wow! 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

So I gave Extreme-G2 a few more tries. Luckily you can save your progress every 4 tracks and I eventually beat the first four thanks to clever use of weapons to demolish my toughest rivals. However the next group of 4 tracks was extremely difficult with tracks 7 and 8 being major roadblocks. It was there that I encountered strange glitches, like when I bumped into a wall, made a complete turn so that I drove into the wrong direction. And as I was trying to turn around again and to move on I suddenly fell through the walls into nothingness! This happened several times and can ruin an attempt since they count this as falling into a pit. Also, enemies proved to be very dangerous on some of these tracks with their weapons and would thus ruin many of my good runs.

However, I just managed to get to the second save point. 8 tracks are done, but the worst is yet to come. Tracks 11 and 12 were incredibly difficult even on normal difficulty, i.e. I am not looking forward to trying them here.

Dooooo eeeet for the love of god dooooooo eeeeet 🙂 good luck my man, hope u can complete this cuz it seems like a bitch of a game!!!!

• Haha 1

Wow, I actually did it! I beat Extreme-G2 and got Natasha Vert as a character. I beat the four remaining tracks surprisingly quickly. The first of these four was very challenging at first and the third one relied quite a bit on luck since it was easy to fall into a pit. The final track should have been the most difficult one, but I actually managed to beat this one on my first try! This is because I found a shortcut during one of my previous attempts at other cups.

This track has you jump over a huge lava pit and then race along a very narrow path until you arrive at some kind of turning circle. You would usually use this to go back and use full speed to jump over the lava pit again, but this time in another direction to continue on the track (don't know if this description makes sense, if not, sorry). What I did however was to immediately stop after the first jump, turn around and use the turbo boost to make the second jump without having to drive around the turning circle. This saves a lot of time and prevents that you get into the crossfire of the other CPU players which would be extremely deadly.

Anyway, I did it and I'm quite happy. I don't think I wil unlock the other characters as this was nerve-wracking as is. I think as my next game I might try to actually beat Turok 1, which I have never done so far. But I don't know if I can do it, so if anyody else wants to tackle this game... If not, then it will probably take quite some time for me to do it. I wish I had Hexen or Doom 64 though.

Extreme G 2.jpg

• Like 3

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Wow, I actually did it! I beat Extreme-G2 and got Natasha Vert as a character. I beat the four remaining tracks surprisingly quickly. The first of these four was very challenging at first and the third one relied quite a bit on luck since it was easy to fall into a pit. The final track should have been the most difficult one, but I actually managed to beat this one on my first try! This is because I found a shortcut during one of my previous attempts at other cups.

This track has you jump over a huge lava pit and then race along a very narrow path until you arrive at some kind of turning circle. You would usually use this to go back and use full speed to jump over the lava pit again, but this time in another direction to continue on the track (don't know if this description makes sense, if not, sorry). What I did however was to immediately stop after the first jump, turn around and use the turbo boost to make the second jump without having to drive around the turning circle. This saves a lot of time and prevents that you get into the crossfire of the other CPU players which would be extremely deadly.

Anyway, I did it and I'm quite happy. I don't think I wil unlock the other characters as this was nerve-wracking as is. I think as my next game I might try to actually beat Turok 1, which I have never done so far. But I don't know if I can do it, so if anyody else wants to tackle this game... If not, then it will probably take quite some time for me to do it. I wish I had Hexen or Doom 64 though.

Extreme G 2.jpg

Good job bud, perseverance has paid off 🙂 

• Like 1

Life's been extremely busy the last couple weeks, and is just starting to slow down. I am probably past the half-way mark on DK64 and it has been a blast - I can't get myself to just power through it like all the other games I have completed so far. I don't want it to end...There will definitely be over 14 hours in it once I'm finished. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Events Helper · Posted
44 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

Life's been extremely busy the last couple weeks, and is just starting to slow down. I am probably past the half-way mark on DK64 and it has been a blast - I can't get myself to just power through it like all the other games I have completed so far. I don't want it to end...There will definitely be over 14 hours in it once I'm finished. 

Enjoy it, u deserve a break from the sporty ball games 😉