IGNORED

Beat every Game Boy game - 2020 - 225/497

Splain

See list below for minty doneness!

amazing tater (didn’t like this one as much as I did in 2014 but still a must play)

Batman: return of the joker

Batman: the animated series (Might as well finish off these for now)

Days of thunder (always loved this game for no reason lol)

Double dragon (Kicking a$$)

Double dragon II (My favorite of the three due to the replay ability in my opinion)

Double dragon 3: the arcade game (First time playing this one, will revisit after)

Elevator action (trippy game!)

Felix the cat (enjoyed this one somehow, played the port to nes before. I like this one)

F1 pole position (Ah the nostalgia with this one in the arcade)

Edited by Mae247
  • Like 1

Games knocked out last night and this morning

Jungle book ( not jumpy or laggy at all)

Kung fu master (fast and fun)

Last action hero (the shading was a little much to deal with at times)

Lion king (levels just as fun and challenging as I remember as a child)

Mortal Kombat (slow and clunky)

Mortal kombat II (way better gameplay and more entertaining)

Mortal Kombat 3 (Game made me sweat haha)

• Like 1

Holy cow, we're all getting lapped over and over here.  I'm still plugging away at Crash Dummies.  Learned that the game has a hidden password menu so I've been using that to practice the later waves. Just need to get the routes down for that 4th wave, then I'll put together a run from the very beginning (since the game doesn't offer passwords naturally).  So far, it's a fun challenge

20 minutes ago, Floating Platforms said:

Holy cow, we're all getting lapped over and over here.  I'm still plugging away at Crash Dummies.  Learned that the game has a hidden password menu so I've been using that to practice the later waves. Just need to get the routes down for that 4th wave, then I'll put together a run from the very beginning (since the game doesn't offer passwords naturally).  So far, it's a fun challenge

No intent on lapping. Just doing my part. They are all quick games. Now if I completed Pokémon red and blue in a week then that’s something

• The title was changed to Beat every Game Boy game - 2020 - 51/497
23 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Awesome work with the Star Wars games. Are they as tough as the NES version of Star Wars?

I have beaten Barbie: Game Girl this evening, taking one for the team.

In an effort to at least regain some pride, I also managed to beat Dropzone!

Honestly as a speed run it isn’t bad. I’ve always had fun with them.

barbie was next on my list lol. Glad you did it

2 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Sneaky snake done. I used continues so it doesn't count for the contest, but I'll be playing it some more this weekend. To Splain, your requirement description is correct there are 16 levels. 

IMG_20200117_182903.thumb.jpg.92f0e42fd5c80147c476ab34f58c6293.jpg

IMG_20200117_182834.thumb.jpg.676927c6a517dbeb4f0da11cd1fdd438.jpg

Still an achievement in my book. That game is a pain in the tucus 

Completed

Worms ( longest game yet. GET ‘EM FRANK!)

Tripworld

Super kickoff (ball way to small!)

Super James pond (wtf was this a frog or barney lol)

Starhawk (the back ground is distracting as hell)

Sea battle ($h17 game, pointless as he11!)

Pocket bomber man ( enjoyed this slightly on my handheld)

Othello(time killer)

Mr. Nutz (has slight Mario vibes)

The lawnmower man (boss health was way too random)

Hugo 2

Edited by Mae247
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mae247 said:

Completed

Worms ( longest game yet. GET ‘EM FRANK!)

Tripworld

Super kickoff (ball way to small!)

Super James pond (wtf was this a frog or barney lol)

Starhawk (the back ground is distracting as hell)

Sea battle ($h17 game, pointless as he11!)

Pocket bomber man ( enjoyed this slightly on my handheld)

Othello(time killer)

Mr. Nutz (has slight Mario vibes)

The lawnmower man (boss health was way too random)

Hugo 2

Dropzone (fast)

Looks like I just beat you to Dropzone, sorry  I'll try to remember to bold the games I beat so it's more obvious. That'll probably make Splain's life easier, too.

7 hours ago, Bucket said:

Looks like I just beat you to Dropzone, sorry  I'll try to remember to bold the games I beat so it's more obvious. That'll probably make Splain's life easier, too.

I deleted it off my post. Sorry about that my friend.

I am playing Pokémon red right now on the original cart I got as a child! I’m falling in love with this game as I go. Charizard and gengar along with snorlax, alakazam, and Cloys yet are no effing joke! I’m at cinnabar now!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mae247 said:

Anyone in disagreement about me completing Pokémon red and blue tomorrow? I’m thinking I will stick to the longer games tomorrow.

I'm a little ticked to see you finished Red, as I was working through that one already. Same for A-Mazing Tater, how did you do that one so quickly?

I have to ask, and don't take this the wrong way, but do you do much other than play GB games? Or is there something you might not be telling us about your playing? I'm honestly starting to question how you're doing this so quickly. Granted I can't play it more than maybe an hour a day, but last year stuff like Ninja Boy and Pocket Bomberman took me a bit of time. They aren't especially hard, but they aren't exactly trivial either. I'm especially confused by how you say that Worms was the longest game for you, as that's actually a really short game since you don't need to win many games, and they don't take that long. Compared to the Star Wars games or to Ninja Boy, I don't see how that was the one that took you the longest. Again, not to be rude, just seems kind of weird that you're knocking out half a dozen GB games a day, even on weekdays.

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, koifish said:

I'm a little ticked to see you finished Red, as I was working through that one already. Same for A-Mazing Tater, how did you do that one so quickly?

I have to ask, and don't take this the wrong way, but do you do much other than play GB games? Or is there something you might not be telling us about your playing? I'm honestly starting to question how you're doing this so quickly. Granted I can't play it more than maybe an hour a day, but last year stuff like Ninja Boy and Pocket Bomberman took me a bit of time. They aren't especially hard, but they aren't exactly trivial either. I'm especially confused by how you say that Worms was the longest game for you, as that's actually a really short game since you don't need to win many games, and they don't take that long. Compared to the Star Wars games or to Ninja Boy, I don't see how that was the one that took you the longest. Again, not to be rude, just seems kind of weird that you're knocking out half a dozen GB games a day, even on weekdays.

It took him 3 hours to get from cinnabar to game done. I'd consider that slow.