IGNORED

Beat every Game Boy game - 2020 - 225/497

Splain

On 1/5/2020 at 11:53 PM, Red said:

I own this one.  I've found enjoyment in quite a few games that are generally considered to be terrible, but not this one.  I admit I didn't give it much of a chance, but I think it might be one of the most tedious games I've ever played.

Lemme know if you ever get tired of it. I could probably have a good drunken weekend  event with friends trying to finish it.

It's really cool to see all the progress made so far.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to jump in soon to start helping out. I'm going to shoot for 30 games this year, even though I missed last year's goal of 25 by 1.  Last night I finally got a chance to boot up the SGB2 again to start learning Incredible Crash Dummies.  Not too bad so far, but not great. I almost got through the second cycle and I think it will all come down to learning routes for most of the mini games. Maybe by the end of the week (or earlier) I can claim a spot at the bottom of the leader board here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So are taken pictures required now as they weren't last year.

Covered in the first post, I'm happy to report:

On 12/31/2019 at 11:43 PM, Splain said:

- Photos are not required, but they're fun.

I take them routinely -- just because it's nice to document my wins, and some of these ending screens are rarely seen if at all.

• The title was changed to Beat every Game Boy game - 2020 - 23/497

Pinball Dreams is complete. To be honest, I have no idea how I got 7 million almost immediately on Graveyard, but despite that, I found the game pretty good! The pinball physics were, to me, good, and I think it exceeded my expectations for a GB pinball game.

I wonder if through this contest, I will someday end up beating every game on the entire list. That would take a very long time, and I'm not sure I could really handle the rough ones, but we will see. For now, it's another one off the list.

• Like 2

Bust-a-Move 3 DX is done. Had no idea that Tim Follin did the music for that port. His name was right in there though. I played on mute so. Will have to revisit the soundtrack and see if I recognize any of his trademarks. I imagine it was something comparable to bionic commando, just rearranging songs from the original composer, still, it is interesting tidbit.

• Like 1

It was very choppy in parts So it was kind of aggravating at points where you think you’re about to die and then all the sudden you’re good. It was strange because to me some of the levels in between the really hard ones were extremely easy and I wasn’t expecting them to be done so quickly

• The title was changed to Beat every Game Boy game - 2020 - 24/497