IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

Looking forward to getting back into NES completion again; I haven't knocked off that many titles in the past several years, but I've been in the mood for shorter, one-sitting games for some reason as of late. I'm planning on knocking out one of my old favorites to kick things off, and I'll see what I have time for from there. I'm in my last semester of doctoral coursework and I might get swamped once things get rolling, but if there's still some stuff on my list by mid-April, I'll see what I can knock off during the summer.

See you all in 2021!

New thread is up. I don't think I have too many NES games left to play, honestly. I feel like I've beaten almost everything I wanted to. I went through the "top 100 games" list on the Gamefaqs forum the other day, and I've beaten like 75 of them already. There's probably more Famicom stuff I'm interested in trying out at this point, especially the jrpgs. I'd like to play Megami Tensei 1 & 2, as well as the very first Wizardry. Also, Cobra Triangle, that's one of the few NES carts I have that I haven't beaten. Zanac as well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Howdy @Strikezone1, and friends!

I'm glad I was able to help clear the whole list this year. I am of course proud to have clinched another solo victory (three in a row, and four overall in my years here and previously on NintendoAge). This was actually the first time I was ever still on top after all the games were beaten. I got pretty busy the second half of last year, so I wasn't of much help down the home stretch.

I've been busy enough that I've been debating whether I can or should try to go hard again in 2021 or not. But as we draw closer, I'm just not ready to walk away from this. I was looking forward to Midnight VGS time, and now I'm not sure if I'll be in gaming condition or not. I fucked my back up scooping snow this afternoon, and I might really suffer when it's time to reach over to hit the reset button. But hopefully I can be in the fray tonight. I've been a Day-one contributor seven years in a row, and I'd rather not snap that record.

Nerdy's on the injured list! There's blood in the water, boys! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2