IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

29 minutes ago, scaryice said:

This video from WashYourFace should make it a lot easier:

You know what's really hard?  Trying to get a high score in that game without accidentally triggering that glitch.  Back when I was trying to beat this game for an older one of these threads, I wanted to see how high I could get without the glitch and I had to restart three or four times because the ball kept getting stuck there.

5 hours ago, Red said:

It's not that hard and it's very short.  It takes about 10 minutes to beat all the records if you know what you're doing.  I'd recommend reading the manual before you start though.  I think it would be pretty tough to figure out exactly how to play some of the games on your own.  

Oh wow, I just realized that this is a port of Epyx World Games. I used to play the shit out of that as a kid on the PC. I loved the log rolling and caber toss. It's either a bad port or just so generic sounding that no one picked it yet. I'll keep that in mind for next year.

1 hour ago, Tablew/chairs said:

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been a bit since I’ve contributed here but this one took me about two weeks and the frustration level was high

Q*bert

96E42F69-B27C-4941-90C7-F35BAD8B5341.jpeg

Great job, that's a tough one! It's coming up soon in the weekly contests during the week of 6/28-7/05 if you want to give it another shot.

10 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

You know a game is brutal when @Tablew/chairs complains about it in his clear post. Congrats on slaying a monster!

So, what's next for you? How many of the remaining games are still on your list?

it also caused me to slay one of my nice controllers R.I.P.

just three: back to the future 2/3, last starfighter and super glove ball

@Bearcat-Doug thanks, i've really neglected the contests this year i should probably start posting even if it's just participation scores

39 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

it also caused me to slay one of my nice controllers R.I.P.

just three: back to the future 2/3, last starfighter and super glove ball

@Bearcat-Doug thanks, i've really neglected the contests this year i should probably start posting even if it's just participation scores

We would be happy to have you back any week that you have a chance to play!

17 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Oh wow, I just realized that this is a port of Epyx World Games. I used to play the shit out of that as a kid on the PC. I loved the log rolling and caber toss. It's either a bad port or just so generic sounding that no one picked it yet. I'll keep that in mind for next year.

You can have it this year if you want. I tried it last night and got nowhere. Read the manual for how to do weightlifting and didn't find it helpful. I won't be able to get back to it til late next week. Certainly won't be disappointed if you off it in the meantime. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

All right, NESfiend, I hope you don't think I am a scumbag for taking your game, but World Games is done. The WRs for each event are pretty easy to beat.

World Games.jpg

Hahaha I was only doing it to be a good sport and try to keep contributing. Video game time has worn thin and I got hooked on weekly contests. If you wanted to play it, win win for everyone and the thread!

13 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Hahaha I was only doing it to be a good sport and try to keep contributing. Video game time has worn thin and I got hooked on weekly contests. If you wanted to play it, win win for everyone and the thread!

I don't think I've even played any of the games left, so I better leave those to the professionals. I managed to knock off 33 games this year, so I'm glad that I was able to help out. The progress that's been made so far this year is amazing!

• Like 1

Target TOASTED! F-15 Strike Eagle is done. It was not hard at all, but rather an exercise in tedium. I beat all 7 missions including Baghdad and became the highest rank of General, so that should be sufficient. The first photo is after the last Kuwait mission to score points to unlock Baghdad, and the second is beating the Baghdad mission.

I will work on California Games since it doesn't seem that bad.

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't think I've even played any of the games left, so I better leave those to the professionals. I managed to knock off 33 games this year, so I'm glad that I was able to help out. The progress that's been made so far this year is amazing!

I was offing games during the shutdown. Bases loaded 2 took a ton of time and there were only 40 games left or so when I got done with it. Found myself way out of my league with the shortlist that was left. 

4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I was offing games during the shutdown. Bases loaded 2 took a ton of time and there were only 40 games left or so when I got done with it. Found myself way out of my league with the shortlist that was left. 

I was surprised Tecmo World Wrestling was still left since I wanted to give that a try anyway, but I'm completely out of my element as far as the games that are left.

36 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

@scaryice - is it necessary to beat all the World Records in California games, or just do "1) Compete In All Events" and get 1st place in total? I finished all the events already and ended up 1st, but only got 3 WRs.

I thought about trying that one a while back and I assumed first overall would count as a clear.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

@scaryice - is it necessary to beat all the World Records in California games, or just do "1) Compete In All Events" and get 1st place in total? I finished all the events already and ended up 1st, but only got 3 WRs.

I asked this earlier in the season. Previous years, it was just a complete playthrough. This year its every wr. I would have done it, but have never been able to figure out the half pipe. That also makes it really tough for a 6 

Edit: it gives you first place no matter how you do. Only way to get a place that isn't first is if you are playing multi-player 

Edited by NESfiend

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

I asked this earlier in the season. Previous years, it was just a complete playthrough. This year its every wr. I would have done it, but have never been able to figure out the half pipe. That also makes it really tough for a 6 

Ok ok.. The half pipe and the hacky sack were actually the easiest for me. I'm pretty sure I can beat all the WRs with an hour or two more of work.

7 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Ok ok.. The half pipe and the hacky sack were actually the easiest for me. I'm pretty sure I can beat all the WRs with an hour or two more of work.

How do you do the half pipe? I've played that game for years and never gotten it. Probably should have read the manual lol

54 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

How do you do the half pipe? I've played that game for years and never gotten it. Probably should have read the manual lol

Read the manual 🙂 Just press A at the lip and hold a bit to do a hand plant.

I got all the WRs except the freaking disc golf now.. The chick can't catch worth a damn

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Edit: it gives you first place no matter how you do. Only way to get a place that isn't first is if you are playing multi-player 

That's odd. A complete playthrough seems like a completion. Every world record seems like it would just be a bonus.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug