IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

14 hours ago, scaryice said:

Not too difficult for a 9 pointer. 

qaRBXph.png

Really? I popped that in at one point and got nowhere fast. Can't remember in detail, but the controls seemed to be really counterintuitive. I actually really wanted to like that game and didnt. Was the manual or something else real helpful?

Edited by NESfiend

1 hour ago, BriGuy82 said:

I think it's pretty good so far. I feel like I have the need to keep playing it so that's a plus. 👍

Man, you've been taking on some crazy hard games recently. I havent even played or seen this one, but there weren't many 15 pointers on that list. Thanks for showing up when its down to the hardest stuff

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Really? I popped that in at one point and got nowhere fast. Can't remember in detail, but the controls seemed to be really counterintuitive. I actually really wanted to like that game and didnt. Was the manual or something else real helpful?

It's rough at first, but once you know what they are it isn't bad.  You also need to buy some items in between events which makes it easier.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge is done. With Bearcat-Doug's Gauntlet win that @scaryice missed, that takes us up to 640.

I used TMR's strategy of getting to around 60 points and then tanking the rest of the qualifiers and it just barely worked out.

Ferrari GP 2020 1.jpg

Ferrari GP 2020 2.jpg

Thats a really long one if I remember right. 3 plus hours about right?

Congrats to @Daniel_Doyce on scoring clears on consecutive days. That's pretty tough to pull off at this late stage of the competition, especially for first-time completions.

But I was a bit confused about @Bearcat-Doug's claim on Gauntlet the other day. It sounded like he had played Gauntlet II, and I don't see how that would count as a playthrough of the first game. I know @scaryice usually does Gauntlet II just because there's a setting where you can stand still long enough that all walls turn into exits, and that feature isn't present in the first game. I don't know what else may be different in the two games, but we don't generally allow someone to claim a clear for playing some other game in the same franchise.

6 hours ago, scaryice said:

I think he's saying that because he had already beat Gauntlet II earlier this year, he went ahead and beat the first one as well (which I did miss, thanks DD).

That's what I was trying to say. Sorry for the confusion!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

7 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Congrats to @Daniel_Doyce on scoring clears on consecutive days. That's pretty tough to pull off at this late stage of the competition, especially for first-time completions.

But I was a bit confused about @Bearcat-Doug's claim on Gauntlet the other day. It sounded like he had played Gauntlet II, and I don't see how that would count as a playthrough of the first game. I know @scaryice usually does Gauntlet II just because there's a setting where you can stand still long enough that all walls turn into exits, and that feature isn't present in the first game. I don't know what else may be different in the two games, but we don't generally allow someone to claim a clear for playing some other game in the same franchise.

I played both earlier in the year. Gauntlet II is fairly tedious, so I went ahead and finished Gauntlet next and I guess I forgot to claim it.

48 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I can try Tecmo World Wrestling unless someone else wants it. I played a few matches and it's a pretty fun game, but it seems a bit tougher than Pro Wrestling.

I had started on it, but take it if you think its fun. Between that and mario bros, I have been bored too death playing NES last 2 nights. Id be thrilled to have one of them off my plate

47 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I had started on it, but take it if you think its fun. Between that and mario bros, I have been bored too death playing NES last 2 nights. Id be thrilled to have one of them off my plate

I don't think I had played it since I was a kid. It seems tough, but I'll give it a shot. I looked at the games that are left and it's probably the only one left that I'd be able to finish anytime soon.

50 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hey, @BriGuy82! Are you going to knock out Track & Field II? I'm guessing you can probably handle it based on the contests. I gave it half of an attempt and failed miserably.

I'll definitely check it out. I feel like I might of played it before but just didn't like it. When I'm done with Flight of the Intruder maybe I'll give it a shot. 

Just now, BriGuy82 said:

I'll definitely check it out. I feel like I might of played it before but just didn't like it. When I'm done with Flight of the Intruder maybe I'll give it a shot. 

It's basically an expanded version of the one we played. I like it, I'm just not that good at it. I swear, you must be able to press buttons faster than a turbo controller, so you could probably knock it out easy.

• Haha 1