IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

4 hours ago, Jaden said:

I'm trying to finish Gun-Nac right now. Does it matter what difficulty I play the game on? You only get the good ending on expert, but you still go through the whole game no matter what difficulty you play on. Plus, I can't even get past the first stage on expert.

If it does matter, then I guess I'll just go for Dragon Spirit instead.

Difficulty doesn't matter, unless it's one of those rare games which doesn't let you play the full game on easier settings - Dragon Spirit is actually one of them.

• Like 1

Yeah, the gold dragon mode skips a few levels. I've gotten pretty close to beating the game with the blue dragon, but that last level is pretty brutal. Maybe I'll finish that one for this site someday.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. I'll probably practice a bunch more tonight and maybe finish a run of it tomorrow.

I beat Spelunker. I would have a photo, but the power brick fell out literally one second after I got to the end (lucky).

EDIT: Looks like Roadblasters and Super Spike V'Ball are the first two games beaten with bonus points (1 each).

Edited by scaryice

Gun-Nac is done.

I played the game on novice mode because I didn't want to spend a long time getting stuck on normal mode. You still go through all eight levels, no matter what difficulty you play. Basically, I wanted to actually finish the game. Maybe someday I'll do a run on normal mode.

Edited by Jaden

I re-beat Ikari Warriors II. Somehow I was struggling even more this time, even though I now know the game pretty well. But I constantly did some stupid mistakes, that ended my run, or I struggled with Joycon drift. Joycons are just terrible for these old games so I finally gave in and bought a Pro Controller. It was an amazing feeling holding such a good controller in my hands and I beat the damn game on my first run with it. But now I'm sick of IW II and will probably never touch it again for a long, long time.

Ikari Warriors 2.jpg

Graphics Team · Posted

Bucky O'Hare is completed! My cartridge is the PAL version, but I'm not aware of any regional differences from the NTSC release.

559920615_BuckyOHareCompleted.jpg.544b7e0ac2a235a0cf8e5e508c4c9a69.jpg

I really love the way progression works in this game - how each level has its own password and is broken into a series of challenging gauntlets. The controls are spot on, every selectable character is useful, and the unlimited continues encourage you to keep trucking through to the end.

-CasualCart