IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Some new stuff this week. World Class Track Meet is a repro box and I just found out the manual for that game is within the Power Pad manual, so it's not quite "CIB". Captain Planet actually has the cardboard riser, which was a pleasant surprise. Big thanks to @DK for the nice Laser Invasion.

IMG_20191222_151727.thumb.jpg.071a2c0ffc588b12f29883f045aced28.jpg

IMG_20191222_154149.thumb.jpg.f8b483018c6ca2b48cfccf125f9467a6.jpg

And a few more variants: Weirdly-Spaced TV version of Win, Lose, or Draw and 1 Hit version of Dragon Warrior. And then random Sunset riders box and manual I got for a good price.

IMG_20191222_151831.thumb.jpg.208e6e1bb71741c8f6acbda6a303b24f.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1

I’ve tried to slim my NES collecting down to at least boxed stuff, but damn if I haven’t wanted to play this game for a long time.

6B76244E-1FD6-4409-B39D-47716302D2BB.jpeg

Now we all know Red Dead Redemption 2 is actually a prequel to the original Red Dead Redemption, but does anyone know where this game fits into the timeline? What about Wild Arms?

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I’ve tried to slim my NES collecting down to at least boxed stuff, but damn if I haven’t wanted to play this game for a long time.

6B76244E-1FD6-4409-B39D-47716302D2BB.jpeg

Now we all know Red Dead Redemption 2 is actually a prequel to the original Red Dead Redemption, but does anyone know where this game fits into the timeline? What about Wild Arms?

Nice! I really enjoyed playing through Lone Ranger. The changing gameplay styles is creative. Playing the game with a zapper at your side is a cool experience. It's like an adventure, action, platformer game. Awesome stuff.

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

And a few more variants: Weirdly-Spaced TV version of Win, Lose, or Draw and 1 Hit version of Dragon Warrior. And then random Sunset riders box and manual I got for a good price.

IMG_20191222_151831.thumb.jpg.208e6e1bb71741c8f6acbda6a303b24f.jpg

I was wondering what changed between these 2 boxes, thanks for pointing it out. 

IMG_20191222_161414.jpg

• Like 1

Added 2 more CIB Genesis games to the collection. I had been wanting to play Streets of Rage 3 for a long time. I had a blast finally playing through the superior Japanese version. Great stuff! 

Also added Task Force Harrier EX. I'm always looking to play Shoot em ups. This one, I'll admit, is pretty disappointing lol. Though I have been enjoying the soundtrack. I need to play more of it.

20191222_171740.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

Nice! I really enjoyed playing through Lone Ranger. The changing gameplay styles is creative. Playing the game with a zapper at your side is a cool experience. It's like an adventure, action, platformer game. Awesome stuff.

Please tell me someone on this forum has played through this game with a Zapper in a holster at their side.

46 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

well, I have been collecting discontinued game systems for 30 years now so...probably not... better than drugs right? Well, except being a junkie is probably cheaper these days 🙂

I think I'm at the 25 year mark for collecting and, while I may never stop, there is an end in sight. I'm going all digital starting next generation. Within one year, there will be nothing new to collect!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 1:42 PM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I found a picture in the thread that Braveheart69 linked to (https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/29/variation-scans-needed/p9). The picture was provided by @Dr. Morbis.

In fact, it looks like he bought it sealed and opened it up. I found this listing in the_wizard_666's game contents list which I assume is Dr. Morbis' copy.

Hollywood Squares (Black Version)
     - Cartridge (NES-HL-USA, blue)
     - Box (NES-HL-USA-1, black)
     - Manual (NES-HL-USA, blue)
     - Gametek Poster/Advert (GAM-NES-US-2)
     - Gametek Registration Card (GAM-NES-US)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-AA-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

On 12/18/2019 at 10:25 PM, Code Monkey said:

All you had to do was ask. 

IMG_20191218_201948.jpg

On 12/19/2019 at 12:28 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, my copy of Hollywood Squares came sealed with a blue manual in a black box.  I actually had to track down the black manual variant separately...

Against all odds, I was able to track down a sealed copy in an unlikely place. I opened it with baited breath and... BOOM! Black Box Manual! Woohoo!

Head over to the Sealed NES Contents thread for the full list of stuff. You can also see them in the pic below.

IMG_20191223_230201.jpg

• Like 3

20191226_124522.thumb.jpg.c1d01cdc29709b645b94c328b7d8d21a.jpg

Switch #176-#188 and Chikyu Boeigun 1 &2 (aka Earth Defense Force or EDF!!!!) not pictured Simon and Shovel Knight Gold, Specter, Plague and King Knights amiibos and a Atari plug and play stick (from Christmas haul)  The Rockman set is 5 in 1 being all the previously released (Rockman/Megaman, Rockman X/Megaman X and Rockman/Megaman 11) games except these are all on carts with no download crap and do play in English or so I was told (in options setting) all in one package which was awesome as I put off buying them when they came out normally. 

• Like 4

I had a couple of interesting things fall into my hands today which surprised me.  Diablo Hellfire (PC) for $2, and then over at the half price, and it has been a LONG time since I've seen any pop up, but during the week I've been grabbing up some TSR D&D Endless Quest books.  They had a couple $5 books I lacked I got a few days back, but they had a 20% off sale going today through Sunday, went back and grabbed a couple $15 harder to find ones for $12 so I was happy.  I saw a couple more but no way I'm paying $40-50 on that. 😉  I really find those books quite fun, kind of an adult form of choose your own adventure.

Bought a bunch of Swatch games this week during GS' christmas sale, Collection of Mana, Dragon Marked for Death, Katamari Reroll, Tales of Vesperia, Cave Story +, Blade Chasers: Nightwar, and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Also got Freedom Planet from Best Buy, and my free joycon repair from Nintendo came in, so now i just need to repair that kickstand and i'm all set.

I finally got a copy of Mega Man for the Game Gear, which came with a copy of the manual.  It was an auction ending on Christmas Eve and I manged to get the pair for cheaper than just the cartridge.  It arrived yesterday.  The front cover was torn off and the seller didn't mention that it was filled with his original, childhood art on almost every, single page.  I need to make a post dedicated to the manual alone.

It was my initial intent to restore the manual, sell it and try to recoup the costs but after I saw all of the art the seller had drawn when he was probably 6 or 7, there's no way I'm getting rid of it.  I love that stuff.  Best buy I've made all year.

Edited by RH
  • Like 4

Finally made it to my parents house to reclaim my childhood collection (what’s left of it). My brother is also giving me all of his stuff because he prefers emulating and hacking games on PC (he’s keeping a few strategy guides though. I just have to pack everything and ship it to myself. 

The cardboard boxes need serious restoration, this will be a slow project and I will post updates as I go through everything. Also the NES bag is filled to the brim with loose NES games. Will reveal all the stuff you can’t see when I go through them at my house!!!

p.s. can someone identify this NES bag for me?

7E5393E0-3C09-4AD3-8314-B545A133F62C.jpeg

CF471C52-4C4E-48F2-91A8-4DEF4F2EBDEA.jpeg

FC198095-56ED-49B5-90EE-F03094EBD729.jpeg

A81CE390-6839-454B-B866-EAE95468406C.jpeg

FD72D5C7-A520-40B2-822D-A6D47B031398.jpeg

7835AA50-74E1-4379-A2C6-75C4D64B3837.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 2