IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

On 4/30/2021 at 6:22 PM, Renmauzo said:

My wife really wanted Ruiner and had me order it from SRG, and I picked up her Pokémon Snap w/magnet this afternoon. I love puzzle games, and Gorogoa looks fantastic. I'll probably grab another copy for my Mom; she's been playing a lot of Layton on her Switch lately and loves puzzle games as well.

l-d5vi6oQ4yE_9R9E6byDg.jpg.6bbb6faafba0eb9342036c24c0117ad2.jpg

Thanks for letting me know about the physical release of Gorogoa.
Will have to try to import it.

• Like 1

These Lemmings original paintings created for the first Lemmings game box are my newest additions. Original video game cover artwork is truely unique and are my favorite things to own. It’s not every day you find the painted title, so to be able to frame both originals together is amazing.  

0C75B3A2-173B-421B-BDD6-3080C22020EB.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 5

21 minutes ago, Mydogsrule said:

These Lemmings original paintings created for the first Lemmings game box are my newest additions. Original video game cover artwork is truely unique and are my favorite things to own. It’s not every day you find the painted title, so to be able to frame both originals together is amazing.  

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mydogsrule said:

You're the guy from the Facebook group. I'd like to read the story of how it was pulled from the trash.

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've been seriously tempted to try that on Steam, despite my PCs age I'm pretty solid on it working as it can nicely handle PS4/Pro era stuff as a higher bar.  RE2 the traditional crap control/camera one I actually liked enough to tolerate that. 😄  The changes in these make them very compelling.

I ended up doing that yesterday. And I did end up having a couple of gripes with it, especially after seeing what they did with the Village demo. Which were the lack of a difficulty choice and the inability to log out before you die/complete it. But regardless of those two issues, it does feel like an actual update. 🙂

12 hours ago, LastCat said:

IMG_20210501_164453.jpg?width=507&height

I got lucky this past Saturday and got this. The store owner gave me a decent trade credit amount and used it to get this gem.

My favorite Sega IP right there! 🙂 It's just a bummer how lackluster PSO2 feels in comparison. 😅

18 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

You're the guy from the Facebook group. I'd like to read the story of how it was pulled from the trash.

The guy who found the artwork was a developer for Psygnosis.  When Sony bought out Psygnosis, he was helping clear out their offices.  He eventually went to throw out trash and noticed a large bag, so he took a peak inside. It just so happened to be the artwork I posted plus a couple other Lemmings pieces I got from him.  He actually still had his original pictures from when he found them nearly 30 years ago.  

• Wow! 3

2 hours ago, Mydogsrule said:

The guy who found the artwork was a developer for Psygnosis.  When Sony bought out Psygnosis, he was helping clear out their offices.  He eventually went to throw out trash and noticed a large bag, so he took a peak inside. It just so happened to be the artwork I posted plus a couple other Lemmings pieces I got from him.  He actually still had his original pictures from when he found them nearly 30 years ago.  

This picture shows the other Lemmings pieces.  The other game cover is Lemmings 2 Oh No More Lemmings!  The Floater with the umbrella was used on packaging as well and advertising. 

352863B4-A500-46DE-9AAB-41D25F58F17A.jpeg

Edited by Mydogsrule
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Right place right time I guess.  Game shelf at this thrift was bare except usual Wii Fit and crappy PS2 sport games 5 minutes earlier.  Only passed it again because I was looking for my wife, but I guess it had been restocked in the meantime. Paid <$30 for this lot.

20210507_170433.jpg.ffe6891dac4cf4b93e957eea5964f1ac.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 4

I know I had mentioned the other day I got Axelay but in that debate against insanely calling the SNES a 1/10 system post, but yeah I got that for $50 and loose and immaculate, and wow it was refreshing as I'd never played it before.

Then we have the last couple of days and this.  The WWF there was $15, the other two together were with the case too at $47.  I don't feel the prices were bad, didn't light up a fire on them either but wow either way.  WWF was at a local kind of friends pawn/resale shop, the other GB bits was today at a goodwill.  Wasn't a fan, but when I realized DK was value and the other is now trolling around $50+ which is awful, I went for it.  The other games were flaming ripoffs though wanting like $20 for $10 games type of stuff or I'd have grabbed a few others (like Wario Blast.)

may9wkfinds.JPG

• Like 6

WOW Dr Mario plushies?

I've always wanted that Yoshi guide, never pulled the trigger as 100% I forget to look anytime I don't see it pop up somewhere.  Nice one getting the Sega astro mini there, should be fun, or at least display nice with the Neo Geo next to it.

...and that pokemon snap game is surprisingly fun despite being totally chill and laid back.  It's weird how it works with the stars (color and total) for shots, I don't get it, but I really don't care so much at this point as it's just fun to poke at now and again.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

WOW Dr Mario plushies?

If you are interested, the virus plushies are still in stock at Play Asia: https://www.play-asia.com/dr-mario-world-plush-set-dmp02-virus-set-of-3-pieces/13/70duaf

Looks like Mario is sold out though 😞 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

It's been awhile since my last post but I got a lot of new games to share pics of.

Some PSP, PS4, NES, Switch, DS, 3DS, GBA and PS1 games.
This Megaman was the last one that I was missing to have every Megaman game released for the GBA.
MOjtRM9h.jpg

I got a lot of sealed PS Vita games. The average was US$40 for each.
There are only 6 games that aren't sealed.
There're a few games that I'm waiting to arrive but I'm missing less than 15 games to have the US fullset.

Okj7nGPh.jpg

UjWXbUhh.jpg

A few more CIB Tectoy Mega Drive games and one Tectoy Mortal Kombat for the Sega CD.
The rare ones are Power Rangers The Movie, Evander Holyfield and Landstalker.
MK is also extremely rare.

55DfdDhh.jpg

Sometime ago I posted a SNES released for the FIFA World Cup 98 and now I also have the N64 for the FIFA World Cup 98. Both were released only in Brazil by Gradiente.

0JyfGqdh.jpg zlVdgc6h.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

It has been longer than I think I can remember where going back to the same place had further rewards the next day or even close enough days apart but wow.

$10/ea on the trackballs, they're Kensington Wireless Trackball Mouse (bluetooth or USB transmitter choices) and MSRP for $100.  They seem to have been little to just not used, excellent shape, and the one that was lightly used had new batteries in it as a bonus which I'm using on here now.

And then there's the $5 buy on this $70+ game Monster Rancher 2 PS1.

I love trackballs, no one sells them at retail anymore so I've been without probably a good year, not enjoying it.  Sure I could have just grabbed one, but nah...now I have a backup. 😄  It's different, used to the usual logitech stuff with the ball set to the left, this centered will take getting used to.  The ring is a scroll wheel, bottom left is mouse 1, top left is middle click, top right is your back button, and bottom right is your right mouse button.  Currently trying it out using bluetooth to free up a USB port.

Trackball on this isn't small either like 2 1/4" across, probably if I still cared to bother with MAME like junk it could do a wicked game of centipede or missile command.

may9wkfinds2.jpg

The goodies on the right, that's thanks to fcgamer.  I was finally able to get back rockman battle & fighters, so so fun, so missed it.  Then some nice local goodies since he's doing this online startup for people to try various local goods imported out.  The other cart is Kai no Bouken The Quest for Ki (a whirlwind maru pirate copy) that reading up on it is a sequel of sorts to Tower of Druaga, and so far it seems fun.  Thanks!

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 7