IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I don't have an image for this, just not feeling it, but I think (I didn't bother to look it up) I got a good deal at the goodwill near my kids school.  PS1 games or anything really than a random crap 360 Wii or PS2 game I haven't seen in awhile.  But they had for $15 Final Fantasy VII - all the discs there, manual, there, black label release.  The front part had a small cracked off piece so the top front half would pop loose, but I had a spare pristine case so that's been remedied and it's like new now as the discs have minimal to nearly clean(#3) surfaces.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

Added a bunch of game gear stuff, I only intended to get 2 of these but I figured why not since they were right there. If I find one more game I'll be done with what I wanted on the system after a decade of hunting.. One day 😇

Which one would that be?  Odds are I don't have it, but you never know 😛

Speaking of game gear, is there like a marketable interest in original less than common parts for them?  Ive given up dealing with buying those suicidal disasters, but the last one that went I had intended to take the shell from the previous mess I had picked up because it's the US blue shell.  I've still got it with the attached speakers, a replacement glass lens, some other spare junk like a half dozen games and a sega ac adapter all put into an official black nylon zipper sega game gear case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Speaking of game gear, is there like a marketable interest in original less than common parts for them?  Ive given up dealing with buying those suicidal disasters, but the last one that went I had intended to take the shell from the previous mess I had picked up because it's the US blue shell.  I've still got it with the attached speakers, a replacement glass lens, some other spare junk like a half dozen games and a sega ac adapter all put into an official black nylon zipper sega game gear case.

There’s definitely people out there who recap and mod Game Gears, so yes

18 minutes ago, croagunk said:

Picked up my preorder of New Pokémon Snap for the Switch, EB Games gave out these magnetic photo frames with each order. Definitely gonna use it, it’s cute! Also got Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered for the Switch.

8C4CFE02-AA73-4720-A540-114D4BA54F8C.jpeg

I'd rather have one of those frames than the bonus poster Gamestop is giving.

18 minutes ago, croagunk said:

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 1

The stored up games in my US box showed up today; boy, have I been pumped for this batch of stuff!

I've been playing Picross 3D before bed, while waiting in the car, after breakfast...I just love Picross. It started because I've been trying to find a complete copy of Mario's Picross for Game Boy which has been...less than fruitful, so I decided to go back to Picross on the DS in the meantime. That's when I realized I no longer had it because my son lost it as a toddler, and I never got around to buying another copy. I still have 3D, so I've been playing that instead; getting Picross DS again has been long overdue.

Not much to say about Mario Tennis other than that I really like the Mario themed sports titles and want them all 😉

Co270dF7RyyChlu_BYatgw.jpg.c81c1220167107fb2c251a5d1abd5888.jpg

My wife really wanted Ruiner and had me order it from SRG, and I picked up her Pokémon Snap w/magnet this afternoon. I love puzzle games, and Gorogoa looks fantastic. I'll probably grab another copy for my Mom; she's been playing a lot of Layton on her Switch lately and loves puzzle games as well.

l-d5vi6oQ4yE_9R9E6byDg.jpg.6bbb6faafba0eb9342036c24c0117ad2.jpg

I sourced out some more sweet, sweet Game Boy games. I don't know if it's just me, but every time I look at the cover for Mercenary Force, I can only see firemen. I used to think the game was about firemen until I learned those are actually samurai 😄

0MpYKtH0QUiLGDwayrEE6A.jpg.162f3919f76d98b39b4a952337924a46.jpg

And last but certainly not least (to me anyway)...might be a stretch to lump it in with a game thread, but maybe game-adjacent: Talking Whiz Kid! My grandparents got me one of these in the 80's and I used it constantly. To a poor kid, it might as well have been made of gold and the technology blew my mind. 

My sister and I were reminiscing a couple of months ago about this, so she's just as excited that I decided to get one again. I showed the kids when they got home this afternoon, and maybe it was from my overflowing enthusiasm, but they seemed genuinely excited to try it out. Now, I just have to find some of the supplemental card decks.

xoQl6BlYS5Wt_j6VFXGGaw.jpg.ece2faa6bc07a7452a22c5ce7622e2d6.jpg

Thanks for looking folks! More Game Boy games to come next time.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

There’s definitely people out there who recap and mod Game Gears, so yes

I know I used to, just got to a point where I got fed up with the odd extra failures adding up a cap kit wouldn't deal with.  Just not seen people selling original blue shells so I was curious if some were after those things.

Oh and by the way that FF1 I have, it's one of those famous misprint floating i on the back things.

ps1-ff7blmisprint1.JPG

ps1-ff7blmisprint3.JPG

• Like 8

11 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

The bonus poster is really nice though 

B61D5B61-20C4-4EDA-9543-A530E50E0158.jpeg

D15FAB2C-3C0F-4D49-83A0-22E705FD05D7.jpeg

I know, just not as practical. I meant to go pick it mine up today but I had to finish a paper and didn't make it out in time. I only realized now my monthly $5 PUR coupon I was planning on using expired today. Darn you April and you lack of a 31st day!

I'm not sure this often happens, but how about a delayed (grossly) find?  It must have been within the last half of last year, but I had come across this stuff and most of it I had used what I wanted, shifted the rest, but somehow I lost in the cracks with something I stored away for later 2 N64 games and they have beautiful labels too.  Mario Kart 64(PC ver) and Mario Party 2.  That's like finding a little gold coin sitting in a random box of all things.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 10:01 AM, croagunk said:

Picked up my preorder of New Pokémon Snap for the Switch, EB Games gave out these magnetic photo frames with each order. Definitely gonna use it, it’s cute! Also got Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered for the Switch.

8C4CFE02-AA73-4720-A540-114D4BA54F8C.jpeg

If you are a fan of the first two Ghostbusters movies, all I can say is that you'll be in for a treat. I have the original on PC, but can pretty much say it is the spiritual sequel to both Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II. 😁

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

If you are a fan of the first two Ghostbusters movies, all I can say is that you'll be in for a treat. I have the original on PC, but can pretty much say it is the spiritual sequel to both Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II. 😁

I am for sure! I look forward to playing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

I'll third that, I re-purchased it on Switch despite finishing it in the PS3 era.  It truly is the lost 3rd and final movie.  Yes i know there's another true one coming, but Spengler is dead, so it's more of a baton hand off into a new thing, respectfully done all things seem to indicate so far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I'll third that, I re-purchased it on Switch despite finishing it in the PS3 era.  It truly is the lost 3rd and final movie.  Yes i know there's another true one coming, but Spengler is dead, so it's more of a baton hand off into a new thing, respectfully done all things seem to indicate so far.

Agreed. It's almost everything a Ghostbusters fan would want: the original cast, references to the movies, the return of Slimer and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and it obviously uses ideas from the third movie's original concepts and scripts from 10 or so years ago. Even the ending from the NES Ghostbusters game appears on the computer screen in the Firehouse.

It's been a little while since I last played it, but I have the Switch version and it's one of several games I hope to beat this year.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

I've been seriously tempted to try that on Steam, despite my PCs age I'm pretty solid on it working as it can nicely handle PS4/Pro era stuff as a higher bar.  RE2 the traditional crap control/camera one I actually liked enough to tolerate that. 😄  The changes in these make them very compelling.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

The last couple days have been good mail days. I also got my GC Loader PnP from the netherlands after over two weeks. The thing is awesome and emulating way to expensive gamecube games the way to go right now. 

20210504_112327.jpg

Nice additions! I'm at nearly 500 NES carts towards full set now so I'm finding it a lot harder to find things I need at any less than astronomical prices! How far along a full set are you now?

1 hour ago, GharetSaiDe said:

Nice additions! I'm at nearly 500 NES carts towards full set now so I'm finding it a lot harder to find things I need at any less than astronomical prices! How far along a full set are you now?

I think I have somewhere around 40 left. I'm trying to save some inexpensive ones for the end lol I still need power blade 2, princess tomato, cowboy kid, dragon fighter and a few others in the $100 range

Edited by a3quit4s