IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

It's been awhile since I posted and I bought some things.

IMG_20210421_201941__01.jpg.44a121038b0e265a8a44db3490ea3d98.jpg

Shantae games finally came in and I managed to get Ring Fit for $55 shipped at auction. It came w all the fixings and it was basically like new. I knew these suckers would come down in price.

IMG_20210421_202140__01.jpg.85d221932e3af9e75f918d6fb4a3ffff.jpg

I also decided that I wanted all the standard release N64 controllers CIB. I ended up getting these 4 before the stimmi money kicked in and started drying up the available listings. I just want black and red to round out the first wave of colors.

IMG_20210421_202210__01.jpg.f7576ff931372b6543e01cc1e291e7ef.jpg

Finally I got the Duke! It was on sale for $50 at the Microsoft store and Microsoft sent me a $10 credit the week before so I managed to get this bad boy for $40! I'm so stoked as I would've never laid retail ($80) for this goofy ass controller. I love it in the green and it complements the xbox collection nicely. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, RpgCollector said:

Some items I acquired lately. The CPO is one of the last pieces I needed to build one of my dream arcade games.

image.jpg

You're actually building a Snap Jack?  Man, I love Universal cabinets!  I actually have a dedicated Mr. Do! serial number 015.  You definitely need to post some pictures when your Snap Jack is done...

Got some more games:
uHExSidh.jpg

And also got this Super Nintendo set. 
It was released by Gradiente here in Brazil for the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
It came with Super Mario World and International Superstar Soccer Deluxe carts and with a gold controller.
Sadly, my copy is missing the ISS Deluxe manual.
There was also an outer sleeve for the box that I'm missing and will be really hard to find. I'll probably have to get another console for the sleeve but it's very hard to find

X0DZ4Xih.jpg CpdJUvsh.jpg QBLyXtrh.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You're actually building a Snap Jack?  Man, I love Universal cabinets!  I actually have a dedicated Mr. Do! serial number 015.  You definitely need to post some pictures when your Snap Jack is done...

Yep. Working on a Snap Jack (have everything except a Bezel). Working on a Mr. Do restore also.

No photo description available.

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

I haven't had much going on the past couple of weeks, but a couple of things have shown up in the last two days, and I picked up some Amiibo and a Pro Controller at the local EB.

Funny thing is, I'm not really a Monster Hunter fan, but I liked the Amiibo for Stories so I decided to get the new ones as well. I saw they had a Monster Hunter Pro Controller and I needed an extra as we've been doing a lot more 4 player gaming around here, so I grabbed it thinking that that design was pretty tasteful.

q74CQgFPTRqMKkjl1v8Ckg.jpg.289a90626599ccc4d4cfb17a82afa56d.jpg

Recently, there was a Kickstarter for a new Little Nemo game in development that has some of that Cuphead feel. It got me thinking about the NES game and wondering why I had never looked into it. That said, I worked with a fellow in the Yukon selling a properly complete copy, so I'm really excited to have added this into the mix and to play this weekend!

nmvATn7lQw6UCW-gVwGghQ.thumb.jpg.44f10d903df74b998d6ff8aa581fa133.jpg

Lastly, showing up in the mail this morning was The Adventures of Star Saver. My primary focus is  - and will continue to be for the foreseeable future - on original Game Boy releases (love Game Boy!), so I'm really happy this game has come my way. Next week is going to be pretty sweet on the Game Boy front 😉

745aryVTTECIcgz3wOOIaA.thumb.jpg.63e70f0ed2ac529bfb2fb23071c022d5.jpg

That's it! Next week will see a box of items coming in from the US and some things currently in mid shipment from within Canada, and Pokémon Snap is out next Friday (my wife is stoked!). Until next time, best of luck on the hunt folks!

• Like 9

Here are my week-long mail calls. All new/unused, with three being upgrades from what I used to have. The other two are explained. Plus, they all came within days of me getting my first COVID-19 shot (which is Moderna). So this was a pretty good week for me. 👾

DQ3-1-2.jpg.25a278f88491b6a14da44139cbbf5340.jpg

Both are new/unused, which is an upgrade from what I bought in 2017. And are also an upgrade when it came to my CIB copy of the 25th Anniversary collection.

Disgaea6-5.jpg.451b54e456c98c16440cfa279ebf23f0.jpg

I have to blame Disgaea RPG for this. I wanted Seraphina as my starter and got her on my first roll. This resulted in me ordering 5 (LE) on eBay first, and then 6 (LE) on AmiAmi as it was on sale.

Bonus2.jpg.3386b6be85c346e80f7731a6b59cb3bb.jpg

Here are the LE goods, dood. Disgaea 5 came with a 2-CD OST, a hardbound book, and a figurine. While Disgaea 6 has a 2-CD OST and a softbound book, with the digital bonus stuff.

JJBAASB.jpg.d0cceb2acdfe9b7f194c717d377683f0.jpg

My second copy was one I bought after I joined this site. This time around I bought it because Part 6 (Stone Ocean) was announced. Plus I still love the artwork. 😍

Here is to a Switch re-release of All-Star Battles (which may never happen)! 👾

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 8

Something new that’s something old. Quite happy to have it had to fight to find this.   This was found at Target and they cost $50 as it's the newer premium model level stuff.  I can comfortably now say, at least one of them justifies the price.

It does in fact use microswitches on the 8 way joystick and buttons, same click and feel to it as they roll over.  I will say for 100% certain, it both works, and correctly *BUT* if you're at all used to playing using a 16bit era or later d-pad or a console or really and especially the original sized joystick you'll have a learning curve.

I'm working on it now, but I can not pull off consistently the fireball (improving) motion still, and the dragon punch one is even more finicky.  The thing is, it's not the system, it's me.  I know I'm missing one of the microswitches, or in the case of the dragon punch, I'm pulling by habit too far back from forward to down, and cracking the down/back one as well which ends that move breaking the pattern.  I've been trying it on lv1 after default, watching my hands, it's me, not the system entirely, same with all the shady youtubers whining about the controls as they rip it open with zero time and start moaning like petulant babies.

Now onto kind of a mini review of it for those who care, otherwise skip:

Visually it's right on the nose, audio of course too, it's arcade and emulated correctly.  Stretching if you can call it that in this case, it really doesn't you can't tell so those tiny black pillar boxes are just stupid to leave(and won't default to it.)  Brightness varies a good bit, but nothing critical yet I bet it's to save on battery (I've got it going on USB at the moment in demo mode.)  It is LOUD, very loud, annoyingly defaults (doesn't save settings, DOES save high scores though) to 50% which appears to be 14 clicks north of off, so it's a 28 click volume slider.  The dipswitch to the 7 levels of difficulty is overly welcome, I'd be losing my cool playing it on default until I can get comfortable with the reduced size stick.  Visually on the exterior, amazing, every bit of detail of a cherry machine off the factory floor is right there.  The only real thing 'off' would just be the compromises for the given shape of the device as it's wide yet not so deep, but it is after all a desktop or lap toy.  It does have 5 solid feet which are super grippy, worked great sitting on my desk without slipping around, or you could just throw it on your lap all the same.  It now sits next to my Neo Geo to my left here, had to move the galaga to the right. 😄

I can say for certain, if you had the need to get a couple to play with friends or a friend at one, this is the one where the $100 price to get TWO of them would be utterly and completely justified, if you're a SF2(CE) fan.

23DEBE05-822A-4A3C-8B4F-1400FEBA60EC.jpeg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 6

So I found some games at a yard sale...

IMG_20210424_194329.jpg.672525890f334a338edbeda5cba98a92.jpg

I ended up paying $1 each and bought over 60 games from the lady just bc I left like is should've gave her your money worth for hooking me up on the Pokemon front. I got Platinum too but it's cart only. And I FINALLY got to add some 3DS games to the collection ☺️

• Like 4
  • Wow! 6

25 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

So I found some games at a yard sale...

IMG_20210424_194329.jpg.672525890f334a338edbeda5cba98a92.jpg

I ended up paying $1 each and bought over 60 games from the lady just bc I left like is should've gave her your money worth for hooking me up on the Pokemon front. I got Platinum too but it's cart only. And I FINALLY got to add some 3DS games to the collection ☺️

WHISKY TANGO  FOXTROT a dollar?!  Clearly, even in the spirit of traditional garage sale values, that dude really had no clue on those games on the right.  That's like over $500 in games.  I would have lost my mind on the inside trying to keep my cool and a straight face whipping out a $20 bill for that.  My day would have been pondering to quit when I'm ahead or wasting more time and gas at that rate. 😄

Truthfully, I'd likely would have kept them, too damn expensive to let go of because buying them back would be sickening.

EDIT: I screwed up, I undervalued that.  I forgot that B/W 1 vs 2 is in another league.  B/W(1) is like a $100~ game complete, while B/W(2) can top near $200 each.  Figure $75/ea on the other two, and the GBA game that's $75 as well.  That's closer to $800 in games for what... $7.  That's rare to run a spread of value like that.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

WHISKY TANGO  FOXTROT a dollar?!  Clearly, even in the spirit of traditional garage sale values, that dude really had no clue on those games on the right.  That's like over $500 in games.  I would have lost my mind on the inside trying to keep my cool and a straight face whipping out a $20 bill for that.  My day would have been pondering to quit when I'm ahead or wasting more time and gas at that rate. 😄

Truthfully, I'd likely would have kept them, too damn expensive to let go of because buying them back would be sickening.

I'm letting go a ton of games I bought from them. I have a couple of these already but the boxes and manuals are beat up so they'll be getting an upgrade. 

Honestly when she said that I just figured I'd buy all the games she had just so I could give her as much money as possible w.o feeling like a garbage heap of a person 🤣

But you better believe I was loading them into grocery bags with two hands and running out of there like I stole something!

52 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I'm letting go a ton of games I bought from them. I have a couple of these already but the boxes and manuals are beat up so they'll be getting an upgrade. 

Honestly when she said that I just figured I'd buy all the games she had just so I could give her as much money as possible w.o feeling like a garbage heap of a person 🤣

But you better believe I was loading them into grocery bags with two hands and running out of there like I stole something!

Oh I've done that, not quite as wide a margin, but I am sure you saw all those bigbox PC games I got, some sealed, less than a month ago, all were like $3-6 each, a couple were $10 (RRTycoon 2 and Civ2) which I intended to keep.  Had other moments too but it has been awhile.  Not a truly poor game in that entire pile on the left so you did nicely.