IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Some recent pick ups:
97F311F3-C4AB-464F-8E66-4A8C808E1767.thumb.jpeg.7cdb36d35e9df1b7636d8fb7131c93d2.jpeg

Super Mario 3D World+Bowser’s Fury was picked up in March by my sister. Originally she wanted the game, but we negotiated on a trade so that she can keep Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, of course when I purchase one.

The other 4 just came in about an hour ago. Super Bomberman R was always a game I saw in stores but never picked it up. I liked Captain Toad on the Wii U, so I figured I should pick it up. I got Minecraft to play with friends. Clubhouse games was a game I really wanted to pick up when it came out, but I somehow forgot about it and only picked it up now.

• Like 5

Can you believe I got this clean CIB copy of Castlevania II: Belmont's revenge off eBay for only $200 (after taxes/shipping!)???  I have been trying to get one for 3 years...but I've been outbid at least a half dozen times for $325-$400 copies...this has to be one of my best pick-ups so far this year...

1433459703_IMG_07501.thumb.JPG.38729dd4f9f5907bf299ab0c26c53751.JPG

• Like 13
  • Wow! 5
  • Love 2

On 4/6/2021 at 5:57 PM, Strange said:

How is Outriders? I’ve been eyeing it. I mostly play Warzone with my friends but Activision has made some questionable decisions lately

After the first few sessions I would have said it is painfully mediocre. However, after you start getting some rare weapons with mods attached and spend more time on your skill tree, the game opens up and gets a lot better. The story is about as generic as it gets with an overbearing dude-bro protagonist (maybe the female version is more tolerable?) and a boring post-apocalyptic, alien world, experiments gone wrong, cliche-fest. I wouldn't play it alone or pay full price, especially considering how horribly buggy it is (tons of people had all their gear wiped this week). But for the price of free-ish on Game Pass, it's a decent distraction. It's still tough to justify its existence in a world where Destiny and Destiny 2 exist, though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LifeGame said:

Great stuff guys !! Love seeing your pickups

Picked up this one!  ive been wanting that one sealed for a long time as a childhood favorite and so hard to come by from what ive seen

E783AB52-B8F5-4EA5-813B-14C4D00E5C3F.thumb.jpeg.371c6df93d67d8072b04214d9333c630.jpeg

King's Quest was a fabulous series, but, it was also released at a time when consoles were far behind computers. Today that's obviously not the case, but comparing the NES version with the computer version is quite funny 🙂

Guess which one is the PC version...

Screenshot-from-2021-04-12-02-29-38.png

• Like 4

Just fyi, idk how many of you are collecting jntsc imports, but I have gotten my last batch of PCE and Saturn games from Kid Shoreyukin. 

He has dif. options. I basically send him a monthly payment and on the month followimg the second payment he ships me a box of games. You can set it up for a random assortment, but I gave him a long list of famicom, super famicom, dc, pce, and saturn and he finds them at his discretion.

If you watch kid shoryuken, and scruffylooknrgb's shopping videos, you can really see a discrepancy between the ebay and japanese prices. 

Anyway, thought I would share.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Californication said:

Just fyi, idk how many of you are collecting jntsc imports, but I have gotten my last batch of PCE and Saturn games from Kid Shoreyukin. 

He has dif. options. I basically send him a monthly payment and on the month followimg the second payment he ships me a box of games. You can set it up for a random assortment, but I gave him a long list of famicom, super famicom, dc, pce, and saturn and he finds them at his discretion.

If you watch kid shoryuken, and scruffylooknrgb's shopping videos, you can really see a discrepancy between the ebay and japanese prices. 

Anyway, thought I would share.

Oooh, that's awesome information @Californication! Does he have a Youtube channel (I feel like I've seen a channel with that name of an American living in Japan)? Does he have a website? I would love to get start jumping on the saturn games, and there's one Casio Loopy game that's eluded me for over two years now...

Anyways, thanks for the PSA!

Edited by Renmauzo

4 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Oooh, that's awesome information @Californication! Does he have a Youtube channel (I feel like I've seen a channel with that name of an American living in Japan)? Does he have a website? I would love to get start jumping on the saturn games, and there's one Casio Loopy game that's eluded me for over two years now...

Anyways, thanks for the PSA!

His YouTube handle is Kid Shoryuken, there should be links there and there are more details on his patreon under the same name.

I think his shopping video's are great, but he hasn't had many lately, so I watch ScruffyLookinrgb to see the dif. stores and have a better idea of the landscape.

Be very specific on the condition, and understand the japanese stores generally adjust their prices for condition. And if you ask for specific things that can take more time, that's why I gave him a long list. 

• Thanks 1

It's been pretty quiet lately, but several things came in today, and a few things came in from Best Buy late last week.

I really enjoy Catherine, so when I found out I could get it on Switch recently, I didn't think twice. My wife picked up a couple of packs of the Hello Kitty x AC cards which look adorable; everyone in the house plays New Horizons and we've been trying to get all the Amiibo cards that we're missing, so I'm glad we didn't miss the boat on these.

1-1C6i28SaOLWjTBce8wig.jpg.bdae3019f44cab8eaffd7a434b0c001e.jpg

My brother was playing Vanquish recently, and it reminded me of Binary Domain in a way, which brought back the fond memories I have of that game. Then it occurred to me that I didn't have a physical copy; I had gotten a Steam key with a graphics card some year ago and that's how I played/beat it. I decided to pick them game up and found a new copy for $20 CAD which seemed pretty sweet to me.

...and just when I thought I knew about/had most to all of the shoot 'em ups on Genesis, I learned about Bio Hazard Battle; I'm looking forward to giving that one a go!

YNoNAEMWRwOxdjYb_IFiAA.jpg.ae3d9953f38798a5bcd40251afb017c0.jpg

At the same time I was doing the deal for Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire, I was working on getting a really nice complete copy of Pokémon Pinball on GBC. There's only a few Pokémon games I haven't purchased at launch, so I wanted to make sure that - if it wasn't going to be brand new - it would have to be really clean and I'd have to be the second owner. As I mentioned in the last post, pinball has really been growing on me of late.

I don't have much to say about Kuon. It sounds interesting and - like with pinball - I've been getting into the horror games genre over the last few years. I've been looking for new (old) horror experiences, so I figured I'd give this a go. My brother loves horror games, so when I mentioned it to him, he was stoked to try it.

GHp2aMn0SC2z9dQUGMv8CA.jpg.48ecf884cc8522369edab3abb169d202.jpg

Well, that's all for now. I'm working on a bunch of Game Boy games in the short term, so we'll see what the next couple of weeks brings.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 5