IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

20 hours ago, DorkOverlord said:

Any love for the Tandy Color Computer 3? No? I’ll just see myself out...

-ish?  If I could find one (at a semi-reasonable price), I'm sure I would, lol.  I've got a CoCo 2 that I enjoy occasionally, but there are a lot of CoCo 3 exclusive titles (including the two you pictured) that I've got on cartridge but haven't ever gotten to play due to not being able to lay hands on the system.  😔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

-ish?  If I could find one (at a semi-reasonable price), I'm sure I would, lol.  I've got a CoCo 2 that I enjoy occasionally, but there are a lot of CoCo 3 exclusive titles (including the two you pictured) that I've got on cartridge but haven't ever gotten to play due to not being able to lay hands on the system.  😔

I'm fortunate enough to still have my childhood CoCo3. I wish I still had the games I had back then. I had a ton of stuff on cassette. 

2 minutes ago, DorkOverlord said:

I'm fortunate enough to still have my childhood CoCo3. I wish I still had the games I had back then. I had a ton of stuff on cassette. 

You can easily pick up a CoCoSDC for around $50 (I think like $75 with a shell for the PCB) which operates essentially like a disk drive for the CoCo and will allow you to play pretty much anything you want on any of the systems, so long as you're meeting the minimum requirements.  For tape games which haven't been converted to some sort of disk image, there are audio files which you can just use anything capable of playing a WAV or MP3 file and load them up that way.  Lots of ways of getting around not having the old peripherals (disk and/or tape drives) for most of the old, 8-bit computers these days.

pickup_march2021_1.jpg.511d808c4643f75b0163d12792e04fc3.jpg

Since my local retro closed last year my pickups for classics slowed down.  Here's my recent pickups, got them right here on VGS from @austin532, thanks! 

Upgraded my super ratty Castlevania II finally, and reacquired another off my list of "had it back in the in day and foolishly traded it away before I knew any better."

• Like 7
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Jicsan said:

pickup_march2021_1.jpg.511d808c4643f75b0163d12792e04fc3.jpg

Since my local retro closed last year my pickups for classics slowed down.  Here's my recent pickups, got them right here on VGS from @austin532, thanks! 

Upgraded my super ratty Castlevania II finally, and reacquired another off my list of "had it back in the in day and foolishly traded it away before I knew any better."

My TOP 2 favorites when I had my NES! Simon's Quest was one I played multiple times but only once got the good ending. And Dragon Warrior is pretty much the reason why I am a Dragon Quest fanboy! Include Willow, The Legend of Zelda, and DuckTales... And you have the top 5 games on my list! 😍

• Like 2

Bought a copy of this book on ebay from a san fran goodwill

spacer.png

Condition is great! I was super happy to finally have a copy. Then I flipped to the title page..

spacer.png

Yussss, signed by author! Perhaps at the windows hardware and engineering conference (Winhec 06) held in Seattle, Washington May 23–25, 2006.

This is super cool to me because the author lives abroad now, signed during the hey day of the book and at an industry event. Really happy to add it to my collection!!

• Like 8

So my Pokemon FireRed third print came in today, which made me very happy, because now I can take this funny group picture of all six FireRed box prints. It's posed in this way because I think this is the only way you can pose each game identically and take a picture such that each print can be identified (apart from just taking pictures of the print codes, but that's no fun!) - pay attention to the manufacturing location on the top flap, and the top of the front of the box. The prints go left to right and top to bottom - so top left is #1, top right is #2, middle left is #3, middle right is #4, lower left is #5 and lower right is #6. (To tell #2 and #3 apart, the location info is on a sticker for #2 but printed on the box for #3. You can just barely see this in the picture).

I strongly suspect I am the first person ever to collect all of these. At least intentionally. That guy on eBay with a ridiculous inventory of Pokemon games might have them all just by mistake. 😄

firereds.jpg.4a9ef3089c125079aaa7557d35afb46b.jpg

Edit: a full-res version of the picture is at https://www.happyassassin.net/blog/firereds.jpg , the forum software here limits the resolution a bit which makes it hard to make out the details.

Edited by AdamW
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I may start it tonight unless I play more Outriders. Looks so cool! Also cool that a friend can play for free without buying the game.

How is Outriders? I’ve been eyeing it. I mostly play Warzone with my friends but Activision has made some questionable decisions lately

I'm in a bit of a pickle...

Not long ago I got this beautiful game and art prints, with the intention of playing the game and just admiring the prints!  But, apparently this game is worth a crazy amount (compared to the retail cost anyway), so that now I don't feel right opening it... SIGH 😕

temp.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I'm in a bit of a pickle...

Not long ago I got this beautiful game and art prints, with the intention of playing the game and just admiring the prints!  But, apparently this game is worth a crazy amount (compared to the retail cost anyway), so that now I don't feel right opening it... SIGH 😕

temp.jpg

Looks like you already opened it quite a bit though??!

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Looks like you already opened it quite a bit though??!

Nope. Not at all. The game itself is factory sealed, the extra box came that way. The prints also came that way. The manual is not a normal manual but a bonus hardcover manual that was only available directly from SRG 🙂

It feels good getting back on track when it comes to my graded game goals. Which has not been easy, but I still managed to get this far with my sanity still intact. 🙂

PTPP.jpg.fbe93b74c14270d545d72b619bdd04c6.jpg

Pokkén Tournament (left) is currently second game in the "arcade" portion of my planned graded game collection. It is a first production/print.

And Pocket Monsters Pikachu (right) is a 20th anniversary exclusive, with this being the first/only game in my collection that does not include a physical cart.

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 4