IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

34 minutes ago, avatar! said:

In Japan the game was known as Final Fantasy USA Mystic Quest... apparently the Japanese did not view American console players as being able to play complex RPGs 🙂

The soundtrack is really great, and the artwork to the Japanese version is cool too.

Mystic-Quest1.jpg

In their defense, we didn’t take to Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior with the same fervor that Japanese gamers did. Western PC gamers had stuff like Ultima but console gamers were more about platformers and sports games. It was a fair attempt to try and get us into RPG’s.

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

In their defense, we didn’t take to Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior with the same fervor that Japanese gamers did. Western PC gamers had stuff like Ultima but console gamers were more about platformers and sports games. It was a fair attempt to try and get us into RPG’s.

Certainly true. Although the game was lackluster compared to other RPGs of the time, but again, if one thing has held up all these years it's the music 🙂

• Like 1

Just got back from the flea market with some good stuff! Been over a year since I last visited the place.

q5FSo7R.jpg

The Wii U gamepad is in great condition. The N64 controllers are mint and the sticks are original and tight in 10/10 condition! I don't think I've ever felt a joystick like this. The feeling of a perfect joystick can't be explained lol 😁

Edited by bowser
  • Like 6

New stuff I picked up in the past week or so: 

Finally scored a near mint CIB Metroid Zero Mission, had to pay a bit more than I wanted to since the price has gone up since I started hunting for it, but having one with most of the shrink still on, I don't regret what I paid. Game & Watch Gallery 3 is another that I was seeking for quite a while, also a little more than I was planning to pay but again, near mint CIB. The Sonic Combo Pack is an upgrade, found a box with inserts locally in much better condition than the one I had found on eBay before. And Sigma Star Saga was an eBay deal, just had to clean off some sticker residue before I could post a picture. 

spacer.png

Pulled in more unusual DS variants: 

spacer.png

These Toys R Us stylus bundles are very difficult to find with the actual stylus still included and I found this one locally of all places: 

spacer.png

Had slept on this one and then found someone selling it on Mercari for $60: 

spacer.png

2 more issues on the road to a complete Nintendo Power set: 

spacer.png

More of @B.A.'s old paper: 

spacer.png

A shipment that I waited a long time for from LRG

spacer.png

First release from Premium Edition games: 

spacer.png

8 more titles on the road to a complete North America Wii U set: 

spacer.png

Still chugging along for a complete My Nintendo USA rewards set: 

spacer.png

And this I just picked up because it seemed like a good idea for the price: 

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Wow never seen that before.  I still wish I had the SOM2 soundtrack, played that CD to death in college, never did get SD1 though but I wish I had.

I had a weird run of random luck, everything here was $3/amiibo(yes Mario is broken), $8 on Galaga, $5 on the fishing (looks almost unused in there), $3 on the wiimote and the added grip was thrown in.

Galaga had a little light touch of battery crust sadly, but it came out 100% as it ended up being superficial.  I do like the MyArcade stuff, but just can't ever make myself pay like $30 for them, with no batteries either, when the equally nice Basic Fun ones also NOACs are $20 with them included, but hey for $8 oh yeah.

I'm kind of curious about that wiimote going to look that up here in a moment, I can see keeping basically most of anything in this picture too, evne put the grip on a spare original white wiimote I had already as these are all cleaned up before the image.

EDIT: Looked  it up, was part of a final post WiiU launch wave of 3 remotes that came out from Nintendo, and only came out because and through Gamestop as an exclusive.  This is the coolest of them, the other were just white with blue/red or green/yellow highlights and a toad head or yoshi egg.  Before that Nintendo did the more seen Mario, Luigi, then a little later Princess one.  Seems Koopa is worth like $50 easy, still won't sell it. 😄

mar22-21.JPG.e5953d70d428ab4e7fa05fff91bd834a.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wow never seen that before.  I still wish I had the SOM2 soundtrack, played that CD to death in college, never did get SD1 though but I wish I had.

I had a weird run of random luck, everything here was $3/amiibo(yes Mario is broken), $8 on Galaga, $5 on the fishing (looks almost unused in there), $3 on the wiimote and the added grip was thrown in.

Galaga had a little light touch of battery crust sadly, but it came out 100% as it ended up being superficial.  I do like the MyArcade stuff, but just can't ever make myself pay like $30 for them, with no batteries either, when the equally nice Basic Fun ones also NOACs are $20 with them included, but hey for $8 oh yeah.

I'm kind of curious about that wiimote going to look that up here in a moment, I can see keeping basically most of anything in this picture too, evne put the grip on a spare original white wiimote I had already as these are all cleaned up before the image.

EDIT: Looked  it up, was part of a final post WiiU launch wave of 3 remotes that came out from Nintendo, and only came out because and through Gamestop as an exclusive.  This is the coolest of them, the other were just white with blue/red or green/yellow highlights and a toad head or yoshi egg.  Before that Nintendo did the more seen Mario, Luigi, then a little later Princess one.  Seems Koopa is worth like $50 easy, still won't sell it. 😄

mar22-21.JPG.e5953d70d428ab4e7fa05fff91bd834a.JPG

Ironically, that Koopa remote is the last one I need to complete my Wiimote Plus collection. I have all the others and I've been trying to find one at a decent price for a long time.

Edited by bowser
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
14 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

That's not how irony works.

You must be a hit at parties 🤣

Everything from the last month or two:

IMG_20210323_124150~2.jpg

Rabbids - sticker price, finally gave up on getting the gold release since the pricing makes it not really worth it
RE Triple Pack - $25 after Amazon points
Astral Chain - $43 on eBay.  I waited and waited, but it never goes on sale.
Paper Mario, AI, Undertale - from @Gloves
Stardew Valley - $35 from Gamestop.  Bought "New", ships with one of those damn stickers holding it closed, which leaves adhesive all over the case.
Remothered - $15.  Got terrible reviews, but fuck it, I'm a sucker for all things Italian horror
Zelda - from @B.A..  This is the third one I've had.

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Astral Chain - $43 on eBay.  I waited and waited, but it never goes on sale.

Bro. Tell me about it. I've waited and waited for a deal on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. It's never going to happen. I'm gonna end up buying it for like $45 used. 

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Stardew Valley - $35 from Gamestop.  Bought "New", ships with one of those damn stickers holding it closed, which leaves adhesive all over the case.

Have you heard about Bestine? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, drxandy said:

I still need to buy some bestine where's the best place to buy @MiamiSlice?

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004O7HM38/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_H3WVQT5Y9VE89TWSVM0Q

Or maybe your local art supply store

Also disclaimer: this stuff is toxic and highly flammable

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
On 3/22/2021 at 9:17 AM, MiamiSlice said:

New stuff I picked up in the past week or so: 

Finally scored a near mint CIB Metroid Zero Mission, had to pay a bit more than I wanted to since the price has gone up since I started hunting for it, but having one with most of the shrink still on, I don't regret what I paid. Game & Watch Gallery 3 is another that I was seeking for quite a while, also a little more than I was planning to pay but again, near mint CIB. The Sonic Combo Pack is an upgrade, found a box with inserts locally in much better condition than the one I had found on eBay before. And Sigma Star Saga was an eBay deal, just had to clean off some sticker residue before I could post a picture. 

spacer.png

Pulled in more unusual DS variants: 

spacer.png

These Toys R Us stylus bundles are very difficult to find with the actual stylus still included and I found this one locally of all places: 

spacer.png

Had slept on this one and then found someone selling it on Mercari for $60: 

spacer.png

2 more issues on the road to a complete Nintendo Power set: 

spacer.png

More of @B.A.'s old paper: 

spacer.png

A shipment that I waited a long time for from LRG

spacer.png

First release from Premium Edition games: 

spacer.png

8 more titles on the road to a complete North America Wii U set: 

spacer.png

Still chugging along for a complete My Nintendo USA rewards set: 

spacer.png

And this I just picked up because it seemed like a good idea for the price: 

spacer.png

Sigma Star Saga is pretty fun, I'm still looking for a nice CIB myself. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

It will be once people realize it's every bit as uncommon as Alfred Chicken and Princess Tomato.

That's really one thing I've learned about collecting NES there are so many rarer games than the perceived rare games like little Samson. Games like Robocop 3 or AD&D Hillsfar or Incredible Crash Test Dummies or Tecmo Cup Soccer show up on ebay pretty infrequently but are not super expensive. I don't maybe people don't post them because they aren't as rare and fetch alot of money?

Edit: F'n Race America too actually 

Edited by a3quit4s

49 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

That's really one thing I've learned about collecting NES there are so many rarer games than the perceived rare games like little Samson. Games like Robocop 3 or AD&D Hillsfar or Incredible Crash Test Dummies or Tecmo Cup Soccer show up on ebay pretty infrequently but are not super expensive. I don't maybe people don't post them because they aren't as rare and fetch alot of money?

Edit: F'n Race America too actually 

I was surprised to find it, honestly. I found it alongside some other uncommons right after moving down here to Auburn. I bought them but I’m not a set collector so I decided to sell off the ones I wasn’t interested in playing.

While Auburn isn’t exactly a backwoods place, I will say I have always had my most surprising/rare finds in more rural parts of the country. And I guess the areas surrounding Auburn and Montgomery fit that bill. My guess is these places have been slower to clean out their attics/basements. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edit: That being said, anyone selling a Princess Tomato??

Edited by Strange