IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Well Fri/Sat worked out really well for me, and I threw in a bit extra here too.  The extra is a pair of 3 Game mail calls, pulled from facebook and ebay respectively there which were quite good deals and the games in great shape.

That out of the way, that old FASA game is 100% complete, all of $5 too from a goodwill which was nice.  The box front, back and top sides bulged due to it as they had collapsed from time, basically imploded.  Came to it's rescue using a thin cloth wrap over and a hot iron with some steam and it's flat once more. 😄

Then today went out to try and find this multi-adapter for 3DS in the car, did find it and it goes back to SP too (score) new too, and while there in a discount bin fished out Chu Chu Rocket and Top Gear for $6 together (CCR is a $15 game now which surprised me), and then I slipped into half price when grabbing carry out and found Burgertime for $4(now a nearly $30 game...why?!) and the other two were $1/ea.  Pretty happy how all this turned out.

I need to find a case/inserts for True Swing now, just couldn't say no for a dollar.

feb22-27finds.JPG.aeb592db30a96f46d100ea9ebe40bea3.JPG

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

No picture, but worth totally mentioning.  Facebook marketplace had for $125 and I got it at $100, a New 2DSXL Orange/White style, a nice semi-solid thick case with it, charger, and 9 games (3 3DS, Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter Stories, and Pokemon Ultra Sun and the DS games are kid filler stuff.)  SHe wasn't kidding when her kid was fickle and barely touched it, almost not used at all, not a single scuff, smudge, scratch or anything to it.  I'd be shocked if it saw more than 10-20 hours use at all, and wouldn't think twice of it coming out of a sealed box I opened being new.

Also for a doller, got Sim Town for PC(Win3.x/95) and since I run Win3 in custom DOSBox setup that's a win. 😄  Also got at the same location for that for $6 a 50 year old early vietnam era US first aid kit, some external wear, inside excellent with the original sticker in there with the strap and latch rolled up too.  I'm thinking I'll slip it inside shortly, give it a big cleaning and use it to store some gaming stuff.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Strange said:

All were great deals so I couldn’t pass them up. SOR3 is missing the manual (anyone selling one?) but the price reflected that and then some... was still a killer deal for just the box and cart so I jumped on it.

32F21EB6-1ECA-4481-B2A1-65F9807FB93D.jpeg

Wing Commander is a classic on the PC, curious how it translated to the SNES?

23 hours ago, avatar! said:

Wing Commander is a classic on the PC, curious how it translated to the SNES?

22 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

My write up was (relatively) positive.  Tanooki loves it.

I wouldn't I'd say go as far as love it, at least the SNES one.  The PC, definitely.  Best space combat simulator outside of maybe the original TIE and Xwing games, and even then it's down to semantics of franchise fanboying. 😄  The SNES game is mostly positive, kind of surprised how well it turned out.  The one glaring flaw, password system, the second lesser one, it's just not as silky smooth to turn when flying as a PC+joystick setup as it 'ticks' a little but nothing bad enough to make you miss your shots but is obvious if you played the source (DOS) release.  Also might as well grab the secret missions sequel, it's the add-on packs the old DOS game got to round out the story.

The real crime is the sequel was FINISHED for SNES by some Americans for a Japanese outfit (Pony Canyon) and then Pony shelved it instead of having it sent to the print house for the media/packing because it was 1995 and they thought the N64 woudl be out that year.  Since then it has gone missing, either completely lost, or in the hand of some selfish sort who bought it and buried it completely.  There is a known Japanese bidder on yahoo auctions who does this, hateful prick, so I hope he never got it or it's as good as dead until he dies.

16 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Since then it has gone missing, either completely lost, or in the hand of some selfish sort who bought it and buried it completely.  There is a known Japanese bidder on yahoo auctions who does this, hateful prick, so I hope he never got it or it's as good as dead until he dies.

You have my attention, do explain??

10 minutes ago, avatar! said:

You have my attention, do explain??

I'd like to, it was discussed I think back when NintendoAge was hopping and I was active there.  I really don't recall the name or details, maybe the nolans brought it up, someone active in prototypes did.  All I have is a vague memory that there is this Japanese buyer who has been around for I'm guessing now at least a decade or two who scours his local buy/bid spots for rare treasures which include prototypes and this person will pay what he's willing, and if he gets it, it vanishes into the mists.  He doesn't share the data, doesn't share images of the boards, chips, any added paperwork perhaps, nothing.  It's just you take the images from the old sale/auctions and well, that's it, as it's gone.  i wish I had a name, I'd research it for you this evening. 🙂

My pick ups from GameStop last week:

Good: Puyo Tetris 2 (new) $30

Better: Moving Out $10

Betterer: Pokemon Sword Plus Expansions (on the cart) $55

Even More Betterer: Psikyo Shooting Stars Alpha Collection (new) $27

Best: Go! Go! Hypergrind $0

IMG_20210227_120737484.jpg

I posted last month that I got a CIB Path of Radiance from GameStop for $110. Well, at some point after that, this CB copy of Hypergrind came in to the same store. GameStop doesn't sell it, so they can't take it as a trade in.  I don't know the specifics as I haven't yet talked with the manager yet, but she tucked it away and it's been sitting in their drawer with my name on it for the past month waiting for me, free of charge. Yes she's awesome and yes I'm going to get her a "thank you" gift.

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 4

Editorials Team · Posted

Had to run into town so I stopped at GameStop.  Prices were reasonable so I grabbed these, and then got $15 in discounts for reasons.  So $38 in total.

Conversation with the clerk

Hey, can I interest you in the protection plans?  Only $3 each.

Nah, I'm good.

Are you sure?  *points at pins*. These will get scratched?

Uh... no, I'm good.

Are you following all of the new Pokemon releases?  You can pre-order them.

That's okay, I'm more of a Shin Megami guy.

Do you want to preorder the Shin Megami?

Nah, not until Atlus has their shit together and a release date

*looks mortified*

IMG_20210303_181151.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

I got this lot recently for $280. I think I can keep Gun-Nac and a couple others and still recoup most of my money selling the rest.

XRnxLVP.jpg

Also grabbed this sealed gun bundle of The Hunt Championship Edition for Switch for $57 shipped. I was looking around on eBay and there seems to be a variant of this with a download code instead of a physical game.

wqRPcST.jpg

JDulObA.jpg

• Like 5

Next week's going to be exciting for me, but in the interim, a few things showed up or came my way this week.

Last week, my wife heard that EB was going to do a virtual line up for PS5s, so she checked it out and was able to order one. While she was doing that, I was out running errands and picked up the pre-order I had for Bravely Default II; it's pretty neat that a poster and coaster set came with it as a pre-order bonus!

Bqa-hYA0Qmqd_bUSRS88ew.thumb.jpg.398887f49fb1e67be11a151449b04d05.jpg

I picked up a new copy of Sakura Wars which I had slept on for the longest time, and my younger brother gave me this Steambot Chronicles demo while I was helping him sort through - and cull - games from his collection.

PA-Z4fcURZmF8KRAQfgXlg.jpg.1529d0a302a637b90c32f3457bbd3d33.jpg

The game I was really excited for though was Battle Bull. I came across the name of the game about 2 weeks ago and looked into it...man, is this game ever up my alley! In a lot of ways, it reminds of Lolo, but in any case, it's a ton of fun.

ToHocCjtSaCI6c7oQOq-Kg.jpg.be57eac25bb611db1766435bfe925bac.jpg

Good luck with the finds everyone!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

A few more stragglers came in this week. The Annapurna Interactive Collection is the standard edition to go along with the Special Edition I grabbed from iam8bit a while back. Other stuff is just a few more random additions. I better get back to collecting this week or I'm not gonna have anything to post next week!

PFIQgi5.jpg

D5VrksZ.jpg

pzsERxG.jpg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

Not all new but, new entries allowed these pictures. I... think this is all the games Sega, Atlus and Rare did but if I'm wrong I'd like to know. 

20210303_173415.jpg

20210305_185504.jpg

20210306_113549.jpg

You guys make me want to get into GBA more and more every day lol.

Did Sega do that Revenge of Shinobi game? I had heard that it was unrelated to the Genesis/MD series but I could be totally wrong about that.

28 minutes ago, Strange said:

You guys make me want to get into GBA more and more every day lol.

Did Sega do that Revenge of Shinobi game? I had heard that it was unrelated to the Genesis/MD series but I could be totally wrong about that.

Sega didn't make the game but I believe it was still intended to be 'within the series' so to speak, the same company who made it, also made Altered Beast for the GBA. Neither are particularly great titles however. If it wasn't intended to be a part of the Sega series though, I'd consider that pretty cheeky from the devs, heh.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/the-revenge-of-shinobi-game-boy-advance/

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 1