IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

16 hours ago, tordur said:

Got these three beauties today. Mickey & Donald was an upgrade, whilst the other two were new additions.  

The seller even threw in a nifty Donkey Kong Jr. Tabletop fridge magnet 🙂

07DEC2019.jpg

Believe it or not, picking up a simple Pinball Game & Watch got me out of my collecting funk I was in. I was confused as to what I wanted to pursue/if I still wanted to and I found one, bought it, played it, and my passion for old games, hardware, and history of the industry sparked back up.

5 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Looking good! Super jealous of your Color a Dinosaur. I haven't seen a good quality copy in like 2 years.

I was at a local guy's house buying something else and his basement is full of 15 years of hoarding. He's a reseller, he just can't sell fast enough to get rid of stuff so his basement is full. I spotted a bookcase behind a chair and on the end was this game, I immediately asked how much. He said $300 (CAD) and I immediately said yes. It's the only one I've ever seen.

• Wow! 1

4 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Believe it or not, picking up a simple Pinball Game & Watch got me out of my collecting funk I was in. I was confused as to what I wanted to pursue/if I still wanted to and I found one, bought it, played it, and my passion for old games, hardware, and history of the industry sparked back up.

That's a pretty cool story 🙂

You still have that Pinball, and have you collected more G&W's since then? I'd love some pictures of your collection, if you have

I don't think I'll often do posts like I did in years past.  But, this one is just too much to pass up. 🙂  HPB find of the quarter at least and on a 20% off sale so it was $16 not $20.

The first moment I laid eyes on that I thought it was a fake, I kept staring at it, thinking a print out, so I shelved it (dumb) but started trying a fast phone search.  Google came up with nothing on a few searches, as I never heard of this variant unlike say Into the Hunt or MK3.  Eventually I had to try a few different ebay pokes until I found one sold listing on this, and it lined up entirely to what was in my hand so I grabbed it.  The image below is partially doctored, the case was in crappy shape, but the disc was in B condition (A- after a proper cleaning in my supplies closet) so I did replace the clamshell from another game.  The GH game I've hated due to the cheaper quality disc with no paint and annoying green label but I just didn't want a long box.  So I'll be dumping the old ghetto release just to break even on this one as I'm a Doom fan and that's a keeper!

They had another variant I realized after I got home, not worth anything oddly, but I like the game so I'll probably go back for it tomorrow, Magic Carpet.  Got to love national chains with set stickers, they don't account for obscure rarities such as Doom which is a three figures title. 😄

I wonder if there is some archive out there that catalogs all the obscure jewel case PS1 releases?  Did Playstation Age ever log it?

IMG_2717.JPG

• Like 6

Busy couple weeks for me. I was able to convince an eBay seller to make me a custom lot which accounted for most of these. Also snagged a few variants that I'll share in another post. The set is coming along nicely. Also, big thanks to @austin532 who continues to help me a ton.

IMG_20191207_222647.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1

20 hours ago, The Strangest said:

@TrekMD How’s the Ranger controller?

It's cool.  There are some games (particularly maze games) that it may not be the best for.  The paddle games work but a nifty feature of it is that you can use it as either right or left handed.  It has a button to let you switch it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tordur said:

That's a pretty cool story 🙂

You still have that Pinball, and have you collected more G&W's since then? I'd love some pictures of your collection, if you have

I do still have it! My Game & Watch collection isn’t too big, Ive only got the Pinball and Donkey Kong Hockey. It struck me how similar the designs were to other Nintendo hardware:

CC8AA13C-6AF7-444E-A37F-CCA8760B0851.jpeg

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 6

Package came from Japan today - Always nice getting stuff from Japan - Always seems like they like to take good care of their stuff.

The Mario Bros. with the Pokka logo is a promotional item, where people supposedly had to collect vouchers from the company Pokka and then mail them in to win a Pokka branded Mario Bros. Pokka makes soft drinks, so it kinda links up with the game, where the gameplay consists of Mario and Luigi working at a bottle factory. Supposedly, there only exist 500 Pokka branded Mario Bros. games, but I'm personally skeptical about that figure and believe there are more.

PokkafromJapan.thumb.jpg.cfd9e844c32783dfa99bad09156ae820.jpg

• Like 5