IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I apologize in advance because this might be a long post! This month has been pretty crazy with a lot of shipments trickling in, either limited print stuff or various second-hand purchases that were horribly delayed plus I've been aggressively buying deals right now because prices have been going up quite a bit. So anyway here are some pick ups. The first is kind of a long story, I placed my 3rd ever order via Buyee in April of last year mainly to find a better copy of Korg DS10+ Limited Edition since the previous one I had acquired was missing the styrofoam tray, and ended up also tracking down copies of some JP-exclusive Switch games with bonuses for much better prices than what I could find in the states.

spacer.png

In the process I also managed to find some great deals on a couple JP-exclusive Club Nintendo rewards including the Star Tenbillion replica that I always wanted but missed out on way back then. And the stylus set I had and traded away at some point because whatever, it's just a box of styluses, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

spacer.png

(There was also a couple other Club Nintendo items in this shipment but they are dupes so I'm not posting them.)

So anyway right after I ordered this stuff and paid for Buyee to consolidate the package for shipment, Japan Post announced that they were halting shipments to the USA, so my package was stuck in Buyee's warehouse. Well Buyee announced they would store the packages for free indefinitely instead of charging after 30 days, so I figured "oh well, I will just wait this out, my stuff is safe," thinking it might be a 2 month wait at worst. 

Obviously you can already tell it was not a 2 month wait. As of this writing Japan Post is still not shipping to the USA. At some point in the past 6 months Buyee announced that they had struck a deal with DHL for anyone who wanted to use DHL instead, but I was dragging my feet on that because I didn't want to spend the extra money and figured I would just wait. But earlier this month I hit a point where I was just like "I WANT MY PACKAGE ALREADY" and I ponied up like $60 just to have this thing shipped with DHL finally. After that it arrived in a matter of days. It was nice to finally be able to unbox everything! And it's not obvious in the picture but I like that the Star Tenbillion actually comes with the original shipping box from Club Nintendo plus the thank you card in Japanese. 

Anyway, moving on, 

spacer.png

Found out Animaniacs for GameCube had a huge price spike because of the show coming back, found someone who was selling the game CIB for $70 so I snagged that. The Journal was something I missed out on at Target, got kinda pricey secondhand but I found someone on Facebook Marketplace selling it for really cheap. The Cars game I picked up while hunting for obscure stuff, it's not that rare but it's an uncommon cheat code variant. Was $7. 

spacer.png

SMW for GBA is one of those games that I took my sweet time getting, had the cart pass through my hands multiple times, but anyway I got a cart for it in a recent lot buy and saw someone selling the packaging for about $25 and change and decided to finally make it complete and add it to the collection. Zelda CE was a $60 local pickup, seller was firm about the price and I wasn't going to argue. PvZ Yeti Edition was thanks to @Boosted52405.

spacer.png

Again, one of my goals this year is picking up obscure stuff, saw some people talking about this one and decided to hunt it down, wasn't too hard, managed to get an offer accepted for it at $25 which is probably just fair market value. 

spacer.png

Still on the road to a 100% complete My Nintendo North America collection, also bought an OEM stylus to go with this limited edition 3DS XL which was from a local deal, less than $75 all-in and it's in great shape save for some wear on the outer shell. 

spacer.png

Still going hard on the strategy guides, these are all from @cgfeelit!

spacer.png

Added some Wii and Wii U trash thanks to a recent console pickup, funny enough I had a rough outer box and unused Wiimote for the Wii Party U game bundle, just needed the game to complete it. 

spacer.png

A bunch of LRG 2021 Blowout Sale stuff arrived today!

spacer.png

And lastly, I needed the manuals to make World Bowling and Defender/Joust complete, had picked those up in a lot buy last year and they had everything, posters even, but they were missing the manuals, and after months of not seeing any good deals on the manuals, I finally managed to find them for $2.95 each via Trade N Games, and while I was there I found the top row of games at great prices and all complete so figured I should snag them. Some of this stuff might end up being trade bait for the stuff I really want, not sure yet! 

• Like 12

Editorials Team · Posted

Everything I've grabbed post-Black Friday 'til today:

05F54Fw.jpg

Wonderful 101 - $20 at Target
Outer Worlds - $20 on Amazon
Dragon Quest Builders - $42 on eBay
Deadly Premonition 2 - $30 on Amazon
Deadly Premonition - $27 on Amazon
Okamiden - $33 on eBay
Prinny - $25 on Amazon after points
Fire Emblem Warriors - $22 on eBay
Age of Calamity - Christmas present
Hyrule Warriors - $30 on Amazon after points

Xenoblade (on its way) - $25 on eBay
Monster Hunter Generations (on its way) - $21 on eBay

Bought some of these after selling Flower, Sun, and Rain for $170, Fairy Tail for $110, and a bunch of misc. movies and games.

• Like 6

My latest acquisition, which concludes my 'Phantasy Star Online' goals.

Plus with the way things are for me I might save off my Megami Tensei goals in favor of having my Dragon Quest games be graded this year. Including the CIB that should have arrived sealed.

I will note that this arrived a week late because of a mix-up. But despite that I still recommend the seller, and will note that he has one sealed copy left. If you a Phantasy Star collector and want a loose copy, please PM me.

PSP2I-Demo.jpg.0752db049dd10c22085ac1f5dc94f3aa.jpg

LINK: https://www.siliconera.com/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-demo-is-future-collectors-item/

For those wondering I made sure that the non-video based link was rewound to the beginning. I don't need any more confusing accusations being brought up again. 😉

Plus I should note that this week is the 10th anniversary of the first week I stayed in Japan. 🍺

• Like 6

Today was a day I had been looking forward to for a while. Since it's becoming increasingly difficult to find people willing to ship to Canada, I started using a box w/service last year. I let stuff add up for a month and a half, and then ship. The box that came in today had all the racks I've been looking for to complete my Game Boy and PS1 displays, so it wasn't game heavy this time.

I saw the thread about Shepherds Crossing 2 on DS and thought I'd try the first game first before buying the DS game. While looking into that, I came across Crush Roller which looks like a lot of fun, so I decided to pick that up too.

gWB5IydhSheScEy_P5dlKA.jpg.24070d9978fcd6422a0dc961c6cbad1b.jpg

About a week and a half ago, I was watching a video by some folks local to me and they were taking about Strider 2, which made me wonder why I keep forgetting to pick it up; I figured it was about time to right this wrong.

cqLKTpeUQI66o5A3CnKZgg.thumb.jpg.2c807ddc86aee29185d5f54c47ceddd2.jpg

I love the Koei lineup on SNES, so I figured it's about time to start picking up the ones I'm missing. It takes a while to find Koei SNES games truly complete, so while I was hunting New Horizons down, I stumbled across a really clean Contra Force; I've wanted to get this game for a while.

6voE5avMQK6zOZ4qPFmZDg.jpg.0ad291a7559b1668ef0d36ff35a55339.jpg4KBE_fSkTZaqJYx_Z20aLw.thumb.jpg.6351c56e227e6b41863af809e342f8a4.jpg

By pure happenstance, when I popped into the game store this evening to get a couple of box protectors, the owner had a really clean CIB SNES there (not common on the island). I'd been thinking about getting another CIB variant over the last few weeks, so I guess it was meant to be!

7cZD0j8XTzuu82rhZor_wQ.jpg.ee8b0bb8db72d90c39153b17dfad3fab.jpg

All the best everyone! 

• Like 9
  • Wow! 2

Been a little while, time for a little show n' tell I guess.

First, a mix of mail call (thanks 85collector on site here) for these nice SNES manuals for a more than fair price...can't wait to read them!) But the big one well yeah, that N64 game.  Mile up the road at HBP, couldn't get it Wednesday,went back after work Thursday and grabbed it, even used what remained on a gift card I had to get it under 3 figures. 😄  Sick how much it goes for now so that sadly was a deal.

And then the other, remember when I showed off those nice GB Pockets and one of those old GB's I got for cheap locally to do some upgrades on, well they're done.  GB has the nice IPS panel with the wheel/button combo for color choice and brightness.  Both the Pockets, similarly done and instead up by the power is one tap sensor to pick 8 colors, and tapping over on top right about where the cart stops is a 10 step brightness selection too.  The DMG got a little messed up on the panel, can see defects in there sadly when it is off, but when lit up it all disappears.  I'll have to part with that on a discount due to that. 😕  Most proud of the sapphire GBP, if only it ran GBC games I'd keep it as it's beautiful.

BM64Second-SNESmanuals.jpeg

GB-DMG-PocketIPS.jpeg

• Like 6

I got a nice little mail call today, this was off ebay, talked to an American seller and had him bundle this and I got a solid lower price with shipping rolled in on this 3 Gameboy(SuperGB) gems from Japan.

Nettou Garou Densetsu 2 (Fatal Fury 2), Nettou Real Bout Garou Densetsu (Real Bout Fatal Fury Special) and then Genjin Collection which has Bonk's Adventure, Revenge, and some added content too plus they're SGB updated too which the originals were not.

gbjpimports-genjin-rbffs-ff2.jpg

• Like 6

Made a huge pickup locally yesterday, probably my biggest ever till now. Everything in the pic for $300!

9pmE8Jq.jpg

Most of the consoles work. One Genesis model 1 (out of 3 total) and one of the fat SNES isn't working but everything else does.

The GameCube is modded with a XenoGC and region switch on the back. Both SNES Jr consoles have RGB mods.

There's also an unused Lotharek W-Hydra2 SCART switch that I really don't know what to do with so I'll sell it. That itself goes for $300 new on the official website.

I'll probably resell most of these but I'll keep the Turbografx 16. It's the first time I've ever owned one.

Edited by bowser
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 3

@bowser I mean for $300 you already killed it with the stack of stuff in the rear as it is, but as you said, the one part would more or less cover it all.  Yet the real thing of it all that was the win, that TG and it has that full setup and game with it too, even the usually stupidly lost rear cover.  That thing is not cheap and what it can give you in return is insane, both in destroying your wallet, but also bringing so much superior(than genesis) 16bit joy if you get smart and snap up an Everdrive off Stone Age gamer for around $100.  Then you can tap into the real library, the Japanese one that got so sadly left overseas and it's a true epic eye opener.

Also keep an eye out, I think it's intended this year, but a new kit is on the horizon, it should allow the use of ISOs of CD, SCD, SCD2 and Arcade CD games on a kit using the hucard slot.  It'll be like those new Genesis everdrives that can fire up 32x/CD stuff.  Once that arrives I'm so so on board buying that.

• Thanks 1

Got more CIB games for the SMS and Genesis/Mega Drive:

oTWjIfBh.jpg

Some sealed 3DS games, the Devil May Cry pack for the Switch and a used copy of Hitman:

opDEFUGh.jpg

I’m REALLY happy to add those two big boxes to my N64 collection. I thought I was only buying the boxed with the paperwork but the seller also had the carts and sent it together. The only thing that is missing is the expansion pack that came with Majora’s Mask. Also finally got a CIB Brazilian copy of Super Smash Bros.

frkkYm1h.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 2

Why is Style Savvy going up in price? Is it a first party Nintendo game?

2 hours ago, Galdius said:

I’m REALLY happy to add those two big boxes to my N64 collection. I thought I was only buying the boxed with the paperwork but the seller also had the carts and sent it together. The only thing that is missing is the expansion pack that came with Majora’s Mask. Also finally got a CIB Brazilian copy of Super Smash Bros.

frkkYm1h.jpg

Those look super cool. Can you share a snap of the inserts/paperwork inside the big boxes?

Edited by bowser

2 hours ago, Galdius said:

frkkYm1h.jpg

Wow. For some reason I look at some games people post and yea, they are neat and I have played some, but that Star Wars Episode 1 Racer just took me back in time for a moment. I don't remember why but I do remember being all excited trying to play it at Walmart when they had it on their TV. Probably the most excited I ever got to wanting to play an N64 game in a store.

• Like 2

Only one of my weekly thrift store stops had anything worthwhile, but it's a good one. Resort was $5 (always down to pick up a cheap copy) and MGS was $10 and mixed in with the movies, almost didn't catch it. Not sure what happened to the first disc, but it boots up fine.

IMG_20210131_161613477.jpg

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

GameCube discs are notorious for the art side peeling / cracking. I’ve never seen anyone dive into why this happens but I suspect humidity or temperature.

Most of them aren't, but there are known ones that have it happen and it really sucks.  MGS is the #1 for being wrecked by the peel, at least it doesn't eat the data, but it looks like crap.  Resident Evil 4 is another and I've attached an image of that.

I'm impressed his MGS is intact from a thrift of all places, usually the dregs for GC damage end up in places like that.

By the way, Style Savvy 3DS?  That game isn't garbage, and it's expensive?  Not going to buy it, but you got me curious.  Then again, that dumb barbie game no one can find is in the 3 figure range so nothing should surprise me by now.

I had a find earlier today 2 for $2/ea old big box PC games, if I can get them out of my car here this evening and snap a pic I think someone may have a flash back.

gc-re4b.JPG

• Like 1