Jump to content
IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!


Recommended Posts

In that thread about being sad about selling stuff I mentioned that I’d sold some of my long boxes and it bothered me.  Well, the stimulus did actually hit my bank account that morning so I thought I’d blow just a bit of it...

m1SHMWU.jpg
 

also a couple more NES titles.  I’ve actually been holding out on Star Trek in the right condition for the right price forever.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friday night I picked up my biggest game purchase ever: 389 CIB (there are 3 that doesn't have the manuals) games in total for Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. There are duplicates that I'm

Down to needing only 2 more games for a complete Famicom Disk System BOXED collection.

A whole bunch of awesome stuff came in this week courtesy of this community and eBay. Big thanks to @jonebone, @dr_orangejuicer, and @Matthewnimmo. 32X set is coming along nicely, although still a way

Posted Images

A few new things came through in the past week and a half or so, with today seeing a couple of games arrive starting with Bubble Bobble. My cousin had this game, and we used to play it all the time, beat it, and would keep playing. My sister used to play this with me when my Mom's co-worker gave us a copy, which is the copy she still has; it's one of her faves. I gave her an original Gameboy earlier this week, and she's making getting Bubble Bobble on GB her first order of business. I'm really not sure why I never picked the original game up myself, but it popped in my head one night last week and I decided to right that wrong.

I've wanted to get a complete Super Mario World for the last few years, but always pushed it off in lieu of something else. It was pretty nice to be able to finally get a copy and all I did was trade a few Ghibli blurays for it (which doubly worked out for me since I've been swapping the Disney releases out for the GKIDS steelbook versions).

My wife saw Adventure To Go! and my daughter saw Moco Moco Friends, while the same seller had G Darius (which I didn't know had come out in North America) so there was a little something for everyone 😄

The one that I really wanted to knock off the list though was Mega Man IV for Game Boy. I know there are a number of ways to play this, but I play Mega Man games with precision and can feel the lag no matter how minute in emulated versions, like in the MM collection or on the e-Shop; it's the same reason I still need to get Mega Man V on Game Boy. In any case, it's just really nice to have gotten this game properly complete today, and I can't wait to dive in after work!

It seems everyone keeps finding cool stuff, I hope that continues for all of you!

WWv5Q1GJRG6WvFtxRIrrGg.jpg

io9V2D46SI6PhdMGQz2NQw.jpg

u0vjw_ndR-OsxVdUyS15VA.jpg

RlCjLE29RHKaLo9IhDwp9A.jpg

  • Like 10
  • Wow! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted
4 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

I'm really not sure why I never picked the original game up myself, but it popped in my head one night last week and I decided to right that wrong.

For one it's hard to find and super expensive, and it's also pretty hard to get running nowadays.
I love the hell out of Bubble Bobble, so I do own a copy myself, but generally I'd recommend getting the super cheap PS4 digital release, it plays pretty much perfectly. Definitely a must-have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my phone charger. It was something I pre-ordered last year, but cancelled because I wanted the Sega Saturn model instead. This year I caved on getting this one a second chance despite the Mega Drive model being $10 cheaper on the site. It will not be used until I have my main game collection both graded and on display.

DC-charger.jpg.b3862e8d9ca2f7d649c8253d984f3ecc.jpg

Here is a demonstration somebody did for the Saturn and Dreamcast models.

 

  • Like 7
  • Wow! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since starting on Master System, 32X, and Sega CD, I'm enjoying Sega CD collecting the most. It's pretty accessible, but still has some high end stuff that is interesting. And the hard cases allow you to take risks on stuff with cracks and dings on the outside since they often still have mint inserts. Also, I'm pretty sure my new mailman hates me. See if you can spot @Tabonga's favorite game mixed in this post.

uIpCf96.jpg

J6gFAuz.jpg

9z1N8rv.jpg

wGXiuND.jpg

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

And the hard cases allow you to take risks on stuff with cracks and dings on the outside since they often still have mint inserts.

 

You replacing cases with those ones that came out a while back?  Those all look pretty clean from the pics.  Always found getting those Sega cd style cases intact to be a brutal undertaking. 
In general though, you see a good number of people list disc games with smashed up jewel cases for cheap because it looks beat to hell but the actual contents are fine.  I love it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

You replacing cases with those ones that came out a while back?  Those all look pretty clean from the pics.  Always found getting those Sega cd style cases intact to be a brutal undertaking. 
In general though, you see a good number of people list disc games with smashed up jewel cases for cheap because it looks beat to hell but the actual contents are fine.  I love it.

I remember hearing about those replacement cases and I think there was even a thread here discussing them. If they're still obtainable, I will probably buy some to replace the badly damaged ones. Quite a few of these actually have cracks and broken hinges, but they photograph well. Just like you said, it makes bargain hunting a bit more fun.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted
2 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

I just received my phone charger. It was something I pre-ordered last year, but cancelled because I wanted the Sega Saturn model instead. This year I caved on getting this one a second chance despite the Mega Drive model being $10 cheaper on the site. It will not be used until I have my main game collection both graded and on display.

DC-charger.jpg.b3862e8d9ca2f7d649c8253d984f3ecc.jpg

Here is a demonstration somebody did for the Saturn and Dreamcast models.

 

So coooooool!! I want the dreamcast one so bad, but love the size of the Saturn one... Ooof super neat!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, drxandy said:

So coooooool!! I want the dreamcast one so bad, but love the size of the Saturn one... Ooof super neat!!

The funny thing is that after I ordered mine they sold out. 😅 But they do have the Mega Drive version for $23.34 USD (which is around $10 less than I paid for mine). With the Saturn, though, I hope to hunt it down whenever I return to Tokyo. And if I find one cheap enough I'll try to pick up an extra one for you if you didn't get one by then. 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I remember hearing about those replacement cases and I think there was even a thread here discussing them. If they're still obtainable, I will probably buy some to replace the badly damaged ones. Quite a few of these actually have cracks and broken hinges, but they photograph well. Just like you said, it makes bargain hunting a bit more fun.

Limited Run Games sells them once in awhile - I was going to order a dozen but the shipping was really steep and I already have a few spares lurking about anyway.

The Sega CD is perhaps my favorite console - a surprising number of great or near great games for a pretty small US library.  And all of those matching* blue spines lined up on a shelf are very handsome indeed.

I have about half of the library - never really wanted a complete set since for the most part  I tend to only collect games I (in theory anyway) will eventually play.

*Damn that pesky Snatcher with those diagonal white stripes on the spine marring the set!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how good this run of these replacement cases  is - the first run apparently had some problems (which could be largely fixed IIRC if you had the old inserts to put in place of the new ones).

If they are well made that is really not that bad a price IMHO since the shipping is included.

https://www.amazon.com/Sega-Saturn-replacement-game-cases-SECOND/dp/B07GBMRQJW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=sega+cd+cases&qid=1611055883&sr=8-1

Here is a review video on them:

 

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some PS2, GC, SFC, SNES and 3DS games:

DzL5zCth.jpg

PS1, Xbox One, Saturn and Switch games:
I didn't know about this Crash bundle with the green controller. When I saw, I decided to get it.

TsYbHMPh.jpg

I wanted a WIIU Basic Set for some time and finally found one.
Also found this Brazilian Wii bundle. It's missing the Mario game but I don't think it's going to be very hard to find it.

dUx5cXXh.jpg

Some more CIB Master System games:

amrqZYeh.jpg

Some more CIB Brazilian and Japanese Mega Drive/Genesis games:

9HQy4sfh.jpg a0iGkB6h.jpg

And some CIB Brazilian Game Gear games (and one CIB Japanese GG game and 2 loose ones):

mgb5GJ7h.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Member · Posted
10 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

The funny thing is that after I ordered mine they sold out. 😅 But they do have the Mega Drive version for $23.34 USD (which is around $10 less than I paid for mine). With the Saturn, though, I hope to hunt it down whenever I return to Tokyo. And if I find one cheap enough I'll try to pick up an extra one for you if you didn't get one by then. 🙂

Aw shucks, that is super kind of you to offer! The mega drive version is pretty sweet tooooo. Sega has always had such cool merch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

It's not my video. 😅 And if it was I would have done it because there are people in the gaming world that need something to sit on. 🤔

I didn't say it was your video, I said you linked to a section in the review that's past what you were discussing. I had to rewind it from the point you linked to see the charger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I didn't say it was your video, I said you linked to a section in the review that's past what you were discussing. I had to rewind it from the point you linked to see the charger.

I never said you did. 😅 What I said was a reference for those who might thought otherwise. As with the video, I used it because the majority of the video was used to show two of the three chargers. And was both the first and only one I found as a visual reference for what I finally bought (a year later). The pillow portion was at the end so I personally felt it was either a product others (who are Sega fans) might like, or be ignored once he shifted focus from the charger to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, drxandy said:

Aw shucks, that is super kind of you to offer! The mega drive version is pretty sweet tooooo. Sega has always had such cool merch.

You're welcome. And I hope it can be found since I might have to push my return to Tokyo closer to August. Which complicates my means of looking into me having Wata grade my non-portable imports. 😩

And I have to agree because they have a good chunk of merch that I want, but either missed out on or cannot afford. Which has me feel a bit better that I caved on this even though the Mega Drive is more iconic (and cheaper on that site).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a used Splatoon on Wii U pretty cheap today. EB Games is at the point where they want Wii U games gone and are starting to mark even the first-party games down a chunk. With my platinum membership I paid about $22. There was an older price sticker under the new one that said something like $53. They also had some The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Amiibos, so I picked up Mipha and Daruk.

1F6F3C6A-F49A-4824-A7E5-B53FD406743A.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...