IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

21 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

What other games do they have? You heading back that way???

Literally whatever anybody trades in there. I've gotten my Master System and Saturn systems there over the last few years. I go in there all the time. There's something different every day. But you can't really plan on finding anything specific. I saw GB copies of Hit The Ice and Kirby's Block Ball tonight but I didn't take them. I picked up a copy of Yoshi's Island a few weeks ago for about $25. Picked up Mario Maker for the Wii U for $30 around Christmas.

I've neglected posting my new stuff for a while.  I didn't even get to round it all up for these pictures.  I know I also got Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Crash Bandicoot 4, Dragon Quest XI (Switch), Skully, and Walking Dead Saints and Sinners for PSVR.  While these were technically gifts for the wife and kids' Christmas, I'll still count them in my collection. 🙂

I got Final Fantasy X/X-2, Bloodstained, Galak Z/Skulls of the Shogun, Trine Collection, and Starlink (XB1 game only) at GameStop for $21 when they did that tiered discount where you buy 5 games $19.99 or less and get them 50% off.  That's why I got that XB1 Starlink, it was .99 but it made 5. 

Fire Emblem Three Houses was $29 and Star Wars was $15 around black Friday.  I'm glad the Super Mario Game & Watch was easy to find, I saw other VGSers got them easily too.  Atooi Collection and Grandia from Limited Run Games finally came in. 

And on PS5 I got Spider-Man Miles Morales and Immortals Fenyx Rising.  I finished Miles Morals' story, but I'm still randomly playing it here and there to get the trophies, my buddy says it's an easy platinum.   I got the version with the code for the updated Spider-Man 2018, I put that one on my backlog challenge list since I never finished it on PS4.  Immortals went on sale for half price around Christmas, but I'd already bought it.  I should know better by now than to get an Ubisoft game at launch.  And finally got the PS5/PSVR adaptor, it came super quick.  I requested it early, and had it in hand before they even sent the e-mails that they were processing my request.

pickups_dec2020_01.jpg.79f972df8cdfc6da63de7fc2fc814caf.jpg

pickups_dec2020_02.jpg.5369136038b9baf2b2b1cdb9928d1cf9.jpg

pickups_dec2020_03.jpg.561c877607755f6137a1f1a0d40845cf.jpg

• Like 8

I was a bit hesitant to post this because I don’t feel like my camera does the beautiful screen any justice, but I just got this beautiful DMG Game Boy from supersparkster on Instagram (now with an Etsy shop as 1upgrade). The screen in real life is a perfect black and white, not with the blueish tint my dumb camera picked up. The shell and buttons are original. I already had a GBC from him, but there’s a certain charm about having the brick DMG and the monochrome.

I highly recommend his work to everyone!

EDIT: I added the second photo to show the screen more accurately. I really want to do his work justice.

60A3BDF3-2DF8-494E-82B0-CC91B713F93E.jpeg

5400F885-D942-44F4-8E73-D826768E9A4C.jpeg

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1

3 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I was a bit hesitant to post this because I don’t feel like my camera does the beautiful screen any justice, but I just got this beautiful DMG Game Boy from supersparkster on Instagram (now with an Etsy shop as 1upgrade). The screen in real life is a perfect black and white, not with the blueish tint my dumb camera picked up. The shell and buttons are original. I already had a GBC from him, but there’s a certain charm about having the brick DMG and the monochrome.

I highly recommend his work to everyone!

EDIT: I added the second photo to show the screen more accurately. I really want to do his work justice.

60A3BDF3-2DF8-494E-82B0-CC91B713F93E.jpeg

5400F885-D942-44F4-8E73-D826768E9A4C.jpeg

That thing is sexy!

• Like 1

This was an in state but not local pick up, price was just too good to avoid.  $35 and this probably could go into the 'surprise!' thread too, as it went beyond what was promised.  Wing Commander Deluxe is there in all its glory complete with the awesome Claw Marks, the fold out spec sheets, etc.  I knew I'd get a few extra pieces of paper and that armada disc was thrown in.  What I wasn't aware of was WC2 Deluxe being there and it's late release white manual, the privateer manual and guide (yet no cd strangely), and then the armada paperwork plus the guide for it too which is still sealed up!  Surprise surprise, 1 game with a loose one, ended up having bonus after bonus.

Keeping my like of star wars out of the picture, objectively I still can't decades later decide if I prefer WC1 and 2 to the old X-Wing and TIE games. 😄  Now I need to get the box and papers for WC2 deluxe....ugh. 😉

wingcommanderdeluxe.jpg

• Like 7

So I ended up returning the EUR version of Hyrule Warriors 2 for the NA version and ended up saving $10 so my insecurities of having an EUR region Switch game in my collection paid off!

I also got in 8bit Xmas 2020 in and am looking to give that a good play through. 

Most notably I was able to win a copy of Super Dodgeball for $50 shipped! The seller only had 1 picture which was at a really unfortunate angle but I could tell it wasn't squashed so I took a chance. It was one of those sellers who clearly liquidates estates and ebay's anything that isn't worth selling at the local flea market. So naturally they shipped it in a unpadded envelope. By the grace of God, it didn't get crushed or bent in any way. 

IMG_20210114_141858__01.jpg

• Like 11

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

So I ended up returning the EUR version of Hyrule Warriors 2 for the NA version and ended up saving $10 so my insecurities of having an EUR region Switch game in my collection paid off!

I also got in 8bit Xmas 2020 in and am looking to give that a good play through. 

Most notably I was able to win a copy of Super Dodgeball for $50 shipped! The seller only had 1 picture which was at a really unfortunate angle but I could tell it wasn't squashed so I took a chance. It was one of those sellers who clearly liquidates estates and ebay's anything that isn't worth selling at the local flea market. So naturally they shipped it in a unpadded envelope. By the grace of God, it didn't get crushed or bent in any way. 

Hah, I can relate.  I wasn't paying attention and got the Canadian version of Hotel Dusk with the stupid French plastered everywhere.

But the spine looks the same so outta sight outta mind!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok my time has come for a picture blow out.  This is from the last week, and it's a mix of mail call and local pick up too.  There's no order to this.  Images are at the end as it'll get messy if I don't.

For starters this is a mail order bit, got it for $25, and if you saw my earlier MOTU post, I had battlecat and armor for all of $4, well now add another $30 for He-Man and Skeletor, now I have a nice display. 😄

A couple days ago for $15 I got this black double flapped DS travel pouch case thingy, sadly no system, but there was a lot of DS and GBA games in there, so ...awesome, a lot of filler, but there are some solid games in there too.

Earlier in the week, this came from the internet for $35.  To my surprise I got more than I ordered.  I ordered the Wing Commander Deluxe DOS CD box set with all the papers with it.  I knew it would have Armada, game, manual, guide thrown in.  What I wasn't expecting was Privateer's players guide and manual to show up(no game aww...) and oddly hiding under WC1 was the sequel! and stuffed in the papers was the WC2 deluxe manual too.  I was going to get it complete in the box as it has more paper too, probably still will.  The Star Trek game in the image, that's sealed, was $15 shipped, not sure if I'll crack it open or not since i have it on GoG.  And then I had the Crystalis manual for a long time, got a good deal on the game online.  And then there's Great Greed, I rarely pay up, but this one I did $100 for the game+manual (game is about that alone usually so I did ok.)

And then yesterday my mind got blown, $8 for the open game, $5 for the sealed, both DOS PC CD titles.  What blew me away wasn't the sealed game, that was F-22 Lightning II and that's nice.  It's Ultimate DOOM in the big box!!  I never owned this in any box before.  It was a bit warped and bendy with some issues, but I did the classic IRON trick on that one for like 10min or so and man it improved, lots! 😄 (Now if I could just get the missing Doom poster and other inserts!)  I know it's worth as is like $50-60 easy on an $8 pick up so it's awesome.

And not pictured I found the original SW Shadows of the Empire CD soundtrack at half price for under $5 days ago which I haven't had since the 90s.

gba-dslot1-14-21.JPG

MOTUsetupvintage.JPG

pc-f22lightningII1.JPG

pc-ultimatedoom-startrekjr.JPG

wingcommanderdeluxeandmore.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 7

More pickups! 

Okami was a game I used to have, then I let it go for some reason, and finally I decided to get it back. Also picked up a sealed Walmart variant FFXIII-2 for cheap. And finally added a complete Kirby's Block Ball. And picked up a Nintendo promotional magazine for Winter 2020 that was a Japan exclusive. 

spacer.png

Added a few DS games for $10 each and got this carrying case from a lot buy that was really dirty but I cleaned it up and now it looks pretty good. 

spacer.png

My Ori CE finally arrived and I also picked up Robotics;Notes day 1 edition on sale from GameStop. 

spacer.png

Got this beautiful blue DS bag in a local deal for $5. Also finally nabbed Cooking Mama Sweet Shop off the bay. And got a great deal on a CIB Battletoads via Reddit although I probably won't be keeping it, hoping to trade it toward my top wants. 

spacer.png

Some Wii U/Wii games I needed...

spacer.png

This OoT guide that I lived far too long without (also Okami, Mario Tennis and this guide were all from @jeffg)!

spacer.png

And lastly this Sprint Pokemon Go Charging Station. 

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

I have been a combination of both sick and stressed, on and off, switching over to Verizon, and needed help replacing my computer. So yeah... All I can say is that 2021 is a complicated year for me. 😬

GameThe13th.jpg.6925a790510cfff9a0d7dee8f6e744b6.jpg

This is attempt #4 when it came to me acquiring a game #13. Any game. So I will say is that not only did this game make the mark, but it is a follow-up to the days when I had version 1 for my pre-owned Sega Dreamcast. 👾

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 5

Been wanting to play more rpgs on the 3ds but they were a little pricey. Found this awesome Mario Kart 7 New 2ds XL and decided to install luma 3ds on it. With a little guidance from @drxandywas able to complete in one day. 

The prices for Hori cases has gone up a lot. Ended up with the golden Pikachu which matches the purple pretty well. 

Just wish it had a charm slot on it like my other 3ds, but I can live. 😋😋😋 Feels good to finally retire my Pokemon Anniversary New 3ds. 

IMG_20210117_102727_660.jpg

IMG_20210117_102727_661.jpg

IMG_20210117_102727_664.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

Been wanting to play more rpgs on the 3ds but they were a little pricey. Found this awesome Mario Kart 7 New 2ds XL and decided to install luma 3ds on it. With a little guidance from @drxandywas able to complete in one day. 

The prices for Hori cases has gone up a lot. Ended up with the golden Pikachu which matches the purple pretty well. 

Just wish it had a charm slot on it like my other 3ds, but I can live. 😋😋😋 Feels good to finally retire my Pokemon Anniversary New 3ds. 

IMG_20210117_102727_660.jpg

IMG_20210117_102727_661.jpg

IMG_20210117_102727_664.jpg

How are you liking Stella Glow so far? It's on my backlog list this year.

• Like 1