Jump to content
IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friday night I picked up my biggest game purchase ever: 389 CIB (there are 3 that doesn't have the manuals) games in total for Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. There are duplicates that I'm

Down to needing only 2 more games for a complete Famicom Disk System BOXED collection.

Put up some display cabinets last night, felt some pride 馃槢

Posted Images

MemberPosted
20 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

The GBC Rumble Bundle!聽 These are all 16 North American Rumble Games. Full Disclosure: Only 8 of them are "New to my Collection".

Impressive, got to ask, other than the three pinball games that I know are good, as is top gear pocket, and I guess perfect dark too, anything there really worth the time otherwise?聽 Golf any good, any non-overhead racers, etc?聽 I've had PD, do have the non-disney pair of pinball, had the star wars racer back in the day too but wasn't wow'd so I thought I'd ask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Impressive, got to ask, other than the three pinball games that I know are good, as is top gear pocket, and I guess perfect dark too, anything there really worth the time otherwise?聽 Golf any good, any non-overhead racers, etc?聽 I've had PD, do have the non-disney pair of pinball, had the star wars racer back in the day too but wasn't wow'd so I thought I'd ask.

The pinball games are the best, with Perfect Dark an acquired taste...NASCAR and Top Gear are "Rad Racer" style racing games, with NASCAR being exceptionally bad.聽 Star Wars Pod Racer as you know is from a top down perspective, and it isn't the worst game I've ever played, but I remember the console versions fondly, so playing this version makes me sad 馃槥.聽 Tonka and Test Drive Off Road are isometric "RC Pro AM" type racers, with Tonka being the better one...Test Drive is just too slow/sluggish. All the racing games have that classic engine hum sound effect throughout gameplay, which make them nearly unplayable.聽 Vigilante 8 is a broken mess, with collision detection seemingly random.聽 Missile command is a faithful port, but isn't going to wow anyone. 10 pin bowling is...bowling - Probably close to NASCAR for the worst of the bunch.聽 And the other 4 (I know you can't tell from the pic!) are sealed and I haven't actually played them...TBH, Hole-in-one golf is the only one that looks competent based on the box screenshots. Plus it is made by Natsume and I love聽old school golf games!聽(I will definitely open that one someday!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
MemberPosted

Good break down.聽 I wasn't aware of NASCAR being that perspective or sucking that much. I used to own Top Gear but also have #2 which I find plays and handles better so I saw no reason to keep it as it eats up space and extra space.

Perfect Dark is very much an acquired taste and even at $10 I see it go for now, it doesn't taste that good, but if I found it in a bin local for half that I'd own it again.

We agree on pod racer, it's just hard to get enough room to speed up and not get taken out, it more or less sucks with little to no redeeming value.聽 Tonka and Test Drive I'd put in the same boat if they're just yet another poorly done RC Pro-Am/Micro Machines wannabe thing.

Yeah I didn't blow it up enough to see what was sealed, and that one I was most curious about was in fact golf and only because Natsume isn't known for peddling trash.聽 The problem is it's hard to find fair or accurate gameboy reviews, people have for decades disrespected it as bite sized wastes of time to be taken less (or not) seriously.聽 I was hoping you had played it to get an idea.聽 I'll throw that into a mental check list of if it's in a discount bin, why not status. 馃槃聽 Thanks.

I've had no luck today, messaged some FB stuff and got no replies back, then found this wiimote in white for $4 that saved the day from being entirely pointless, barely.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder Boy for the Sega聽Master System showed up a day or two after Christmas. Definitely the game I鈥檝e been playing the most on my system. I am feeling a bit of burn out on collecting for the system and I鈥檝e been getting interested into the NES and especially the聽Famicom/Famicom Disk System聽again since I haven鈥檛 bought a game for it in almost 2 years,聽but there are definitely some games I still want to get for the master system.

24FC264B-3285-41C8-8528-4CAFDB898D5F.thumb.jpeg.8954290798a3a74729ba50e40fd040f4.jpeg
Also I am expecting copies of Sonic 1 and 2 for the Master system, but they haven鈥檛 arrived yet. I have been told that they are really good condition copies too.

Next up we have New Super Mario Bros U and Fire Emblem Three Houses for the Nintendo Switch. My dad said that these were on sale on Boxing Day for about 20-30 dollars each ( I don鈥檛 remember the exact amount). I really haven鈥檛 been in any rush to grab Mario Deluxe since I have them already on the Wii U. Also relegating blue toad to a button combination is a CRIME.聽

Fire Emblem Three Houses is the first time I鈥檓 playing a game from the series. I really like this type of games, especially Shining Force CD which is one of the few RPGs I actually like, so I was pretty excited. I haven鈥檛 played too much of it, but it鈥檚聽ok. The story didn鈥檛 really get my attention.E90E19C2-696B-47B5-A890-9050F382064B.thumb.jpeg.11da70ed43d29de6457eb8ec3748e295.jpeg

Finally we have this audio/video switcher. The quality going to my TV is really good and I don鈥檛 have any problems with it. Now I can run all four of my consoles at the same time without having to unplug them.

36A290C2-F3CA-4576-A984-658C9A60F72D.thumb.jpeg.00d3c29fbbce929b6c7af948a5b7c5fc.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
MemberPosted

Sorry my pictures are a bit messy again. Also I hope I'm not posting any dupes.聽

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I said I was done with PS1 collecting but I pulled these 4 out of a local deal and I'm not ready to let them go:聽

spacer.png

Pretty sure I spent a whole year hunting the Target exclusive variant of Puyo Puyo Tetris and this one is sealed:聽

spacer.png

This was like a "free with purchase" kind of thing:聽

spacer.png

More "trash from a lot buy":聽

spacer.png

Shocked to find a Nintendogs variant in 2021 that I didn't already own:聽

spacer.png

Pokemon Ranger was a rare instance of me actually participating in an eBay auction because I gave up on trying to find it elsewhere:聽

spacer.png

I'm hard at work adding strategy guides:聽

spacer.png

But the item I'm really excited about is this July 2007 Nintendo Retailer Source Book that was saved from going into the trash at a Target electronics department... I hope to scan this one for you all soon:聽

spacer.png

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Segapocalypse has begun! Thanks @edra9!

No good stories here, just the beginning of my new obsession.聽New gaming storage area can be seen hiding聽in the background. Look for more pics in the shelving thread or my personal thread.

I couldn't go cold turkey on cardboard, so I'm still torturing myself with the 32X. At least the library is small?

mNUdlMc.jpg

Can you believe it's relatively easy to聽get Sega CD games that are still sealed?!? Check out these sweet ass copies of Kriss Kross and Panic! After spending years watching the sealed NES market explode, it's a weird feeling to just choose to buy a sealed game since it's not much more expensive than the CIB version. Also, condition! These things are mostly in VG+ condition! The cases may suck, but they do protect the content!

jiHkxmz.jpg

RFRW59C.jpg

And Master System! I can't compete with @Galdius, but you gotta start somewhere. Just going for USA versions, no variants.ufUUDl1.jpg

ASCdra0.jpg

MRRpVkb.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't been able to play any of these yet because I don't have a 32X or a Sega CD. Anyone looking to sell for a reasonable price? As for the SMS stuff, I need to clean those pins so they don't defile my beautiful Mega Sg adapter.

See you next week!

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
MemberPosted
8 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

And Master System! I can't compete with @Galdius, but you gotta start somewhere. Just going for USA versions, no variants.

There's a big market for Master System games here in Brazil since its release so it's a lot easier to find games for it here. But they are jumping in price very quickly. The last Global Defense sold for US$900 and i'm pretty sure the next one will go for over US$1000. Meanwhile, a CIB US copy goes can be found for US20 or less. There's even a sealed one for US$40 on ebay.

I don't know how many SMS games were released in the US but here in Brazil there are 244 retail games.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galdius said:

There's a big market for Master System games here in Brazil since its release so it's a lot easier to find games for it here. But they are jumping in price very quickly. The last Global Defense sold for US$900 and i'm pretty sure the next one will go for over US$1000. Meanwhile, a CIB US copy goes can be found for US20 or less. There's even a sealed one for US$40 on ebay.

I don't know how many SMS games were released in the US but here in Brazil there are 244 retail games.

Believe it or not, only 114 releases made it to US retail. Nothing seems to be as bad as the Global Defense you're referencing, but I'll probably grab a few imports to fill out the lineup. Any games you want me to keep an eye out for? I may stumble on something in a lot that isn't shipping internationally that you need.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
MemberPosted
Just now, DoctorEncore said:

Believe it or not, only 114 releases made it to US retail. Nothing seems to be as bad as the Global Defense you're referencing, but I'll probably grab a few imports to fill out the lineup. Any games you want me to keep an eye out for? I may stumble on something in a lot that isn't shipping internationally that you need.

I'm not looking for any US games although the first Rambo wasn't released here in Brazil. First, I'm focusing on the Tectoy games. If I manage to complete the set, then I may look abroad for some exclusives but the Brazilian games will already take a good chunk of money.

If you decide to get some Brazilian exclusives, I wish you luck. Even here they are hard to find and expensive. Last week I saw a CIB copy of Street FIghter 2 going for a bit less than US$200.

  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Galdius said:

I'm not looking for any US games although the first Rambo wasn't released here in Brazil. First, I'm focusing on the Tectoy games. If I manage to complete the set, then I may look abroad for some exclusives but the Brazilian games will already take a good chunk of money.

If you decide to get some Brazilian exclusives, I wish you luck. Even here they are hard to find and expensive. Last week I saw a CIB copy of Street FIghter 2 going for a bit less than US$200.

Are you able to get me the Mortal Kombat games?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this tonight at the local music/movies store. First time I've ever seen a boxed Game Boy game at this store. It was in a plastic case but I took a chance and bought it for $14.97. Got home and checked it out and it was a mint/like new copy!
Somebody had dumped off quite a few Game Boy games, perhaps the same person.
I also picked up the Gargoyles Quest cart only for $16.97, always a game I have wanted.
Been a pretty good last few days for stumbling on local stuff in my town

spacer.png

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
MemberPosted
42 minutes ago, trj22487 said:

I found this tonight at the local music/movies store. First time I've ever seen a boxed Game Boy game at this store. It was in a plastic case but I took a chance and bought it for $14.97. Got home and checked it out and it was a mint/like new copy!
Somebody had dumped off quite a few Game Boy games, perhaps the same person.
I also picked up the Gargoyles Quest cart only for $16.97, always a game I have wanted.
Been a pretty good last few days for stumbling on local stuff in my town

spacer.png

What other games do they have? You heading back that way???

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Picked up a used copy of Disgaea 4 from GameStop for $30. Turns out it was a new copy that was just opened.

B7B3016D-7572-4A74-BC4F-666A5E272F93.jpeg

6 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Classic Gamestop.

Nice find! When I got a used copy of Breath of the Wild at EB Games they never even bothered to unwrap it. New for used price rocks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

  • Create New...