IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

11 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I just got a poster from Retro USB for 8-Bit Xmas 2020.  I ordered and received the game about a week or two ago, but I didn't know a poster came with it (and shipped separately).  Did everyone else who ordered the game get a poster?

After paying $28 for it, yes. They aren't free.

First find of the year was my second facebook distance deal I've ever done.  I saw this lady asking for help figuring out a pile of stuff, a few vultures went at it, but I wrote her nicely on the side.  I straight up told her my entire intent that I buy them to repair/restore/upgrade and she was into that.  Ultimately a few things sold, but I did end up nabbing a GBC grape with no battery door, a GBP with no battery door and a messed up LCD(lines out), and a GBA SP red (no charger) and kind of beat up and may have a battery/charge issue.

What I didn't realize at the time though was the GBP was the very limited edition extreme green version from Japan.  It had the messed LCD, scuffed up lens, a little stress on the back and no door.  Now that I know what it is I'm keeping it, so first things first, I had a beater blue, swapped its less bad lens and working LCD (score.)

I'm on the fence on how to address it, but it's being kept.  Due to its scarcity I'm not leaning towards upgrading it, I can get a battery door for it, and I can get an aftermarket matching lens too, but I'm on the fence about plastic or glass.

My blue beater I'll end up selling, once I reshell, upgrade the screen to an 8color way backlight LCD, new glass lens, you get the idea.  I'm happy, got a sweet unknown that lucked into my hands, only $100 into all 3, and I get more fun projects to work on.

gbp-extremegreen1.jpg

gbp-extremegreen2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

A couple PS4 releases for collecting purposes. I am mostly done with special editions, but you don't really see publisher specific collections in physical format like this Annapurna Interactive set from iam8bit. There are some great games in the collection including The Outer Wilds, which is one of my all-time favorites. 13 Sentinels is supposed to be great, but I also bought that more for collecting. I think it will be one of the lesser-known gems of the PS4 library.

iZM0CBS.jpg

A few My Nintendo items to add to the collection (calendar, notebook, and Xenoblade stickers). I don't have everything they offered in 2020, but these will go with a decent stack of other stuff I've acquired.

2cgHIcX.jpg

The Nintendo store is selling some nice 35th Anniversary Mario t-shirts in novelty oversized boxes that resemble the older games in the series, so I decided to splurge and get them for display purposes. I'll try to get a pic of my son in his SMW shirt (he chose that one even though he's never truly played that game). It's tough to tell just how big these are, but the second pic shows a PS4 game for scale.

PqRmyeA.jpg

AoLqfFy.jpg

And finally, the coup de grace, the officially real and somehow not vaporware Atari VCS. I have no clue what to do with this thing and I don't know why I bought it. I'll let you guys know if I actually hook it up someday.

HJqDwFN.jpg

That's all for this week. Hopefully I'll start getting some of my SMS, 32X, and Sega CD purchases in for next week.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 11

30 minutes ago, drxandy said:

@Tanooki extreme green also came out in the states as a toys r us exclusive, nice pick!!

Ahh ok well that's a nice bit to know, it didn't say that on the few places I poked around to get the name for it.  As I said, it's not perfect, but I can get it pretty close other than that stress mark in the rear.  I don't use pocket much so it'll be kept nicely stored more than anything.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

My white whale! That's the only one I haven't came across yet.aweso.e score for sure. 

Huh really?  I can see why, I wouldn't want to drop nearly $100 on ebay for one so I could understand that.  I've since started cleaning it up more, that spotchy/cloudiness around that sticker in back is gone.  I may at some point here open it up and pop the shell and give it some Dawn (generous), water, and toothbrush time.  Can't take magic eraser to that, it'll cloud up the see through properties and ruin it.  I think once I can pop a new lens on there and a replacement back door other than the one stress spot it'll look awesome.

• Like 2

@TrekMD, that PS1 trackball is solid for what it works with.  I bought one of those years ago at GameStop when they were brand new and used it with all the different arcade classics collections that supported it.  Ended up getting rid of it (as well as a lot of other PS1 stuff) when my mom was in the hospital and we were doing an incredibly rushed emptying of her house to make sure social services saw it as a fit environment (local one is insanely strict, so even the stuff I had stored at the end of a walk in closet at her place could be considered dangerous) so we could bring her home.  Make sure you enjoy that for me as well, lol.

• Like 1