IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

19 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I'm always baffled by how little interest there is for imports in the States. 

I think that's more of a community thing than a regional thing.

Almost everywhere I see people who are into a variety of games, and especially people who dig old school action games and arcade stuff, release regions (and platforms) are completely irrelevant, and come second to the game in question. If the game you want was only released on PC Engine in Japan, that's the release you get, and if it's only available on NES in North America, that's the one you get. I think almost anyone who's really into Saturn focus almost entirely 100% on japanese releases, simply because that's where all the good stuff is. Doesn't matter if that person is from France, Argentina, Russia, or USA.

But if you have a community centered around "Getting all the 🦅 american 🦅 releases for a set on whatever platform", then those are the releases that matter to those people. 🙂 

Edited by Sumez

20 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I'm always baffled by how little interest there is for imports in the States. 

Gr at stuff tho! X-men vs Street Fighter is one of favorite in the series.

I think it makes sense. Americans have always been insular when it comes to culture. We usually only speak English and assume our country has the best version of everything, so why bother. Not saying I believe that, but it is kind of the default way of thinking that has wormed it's way into most people's brains.

Right, but when you get into communities of people playing niche games, and old stuff that the mainstream audience has long forgotten about, you're already moving outside of the norms of what you can expect. Importing anything isn't normal anywhere, but if you're looking at people who are really nerdy about that stuff, you bet your ass they'll import what it takes. 😄 

What I said yesterday might have made little sense (which is not new for me). 😅

So I will just say that these two factors are what I have found when it comes to collectors:

- Brand recognition: If you treat nostalgia as a brand recognition you will find that "niche" is only an option when the collector requires it to be. Otherwise the biggest factor to it being snubbed tends to be misinformation.

- "Fan"wagon effect: The ones I am talking about are those who have no interest in [insert anything here] but must get it because some overrated YouTuber told them it is going to be [insert any nonsense here].

All I can say is that I feel this makes niche collecting that more interesting in the end. 😅

Edited by FenrirZero

On 12/27/2020 at 9:55 AM, LifeGame said:

Finally after 15 + years of it eluding me i finally pulled the trigger as my Christmas gift from me to me 🙂 

pics are inverted ? Tried to fix it but can’t!

7A6F5906-9654-4191-8182-E8511B660279.jpeg

22BA95C4-9F81-4638-8159-4B7579F537AD.jpeg

As they say "Stranger Things" do happen to those who least expect it. 🙃

UPDATE: Seeing your copy had inspired me to look for this game on Steam. And buy it after I found out that it was half-off. 🙂

Edited by FenrirZero

19 minutes ago, croagunk said:

Picked up a used copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on Wii today. Then got a Zelda Hori PlayStand at Walmart. I originally went there to pick up a thumb drive to update my C64 Mini’s firmware, so bonus!

2F0AF0AC-7285-4DD0-BD79-6E38CB26C650.jpeg

I have their unbranded stand and use it on every plane ride since it allows me to play while also charging. It works great.

• Like 1

And GAME #9 has arrived sooner than I expected! This was a game I was debating about getting in 2017. It ended up being one I decided to get and glad I got. With the card being the cherry on top. 👍

116029452_GameBonus.thumb.jpg.d7a0cbc6324197e915a8c61685525cc7.jpg

I should also note that the "first print bonus" is a "menu dress-up" theme. This is what I got from my translator. And I have no idea what the card offers (nor care since I want to frame it). 🙂

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 4
  • Wow! 1

My wife usually frantic shops last minute and gets goofy stuff from the drug store or super market check out that I never end up using. So this year, I have her a list of $20 and under NES CIB games to choose from just in case she wanted to make last minute purchases. She got me these two and I ordered Ori on Amazon. I'd like to get the other one depending on how this one goes. So far I'm digging it. 

IMG_20201228_190837__01.jpg.d3b6bac3420e87aba3068c07bc111b6a.jpg

So far I have almost all the NES games CIB that I want. I have the SMB series in my office (Famicom tho). Games I'm still after CIB are CV1, MM1, Dodgeball and Talespin. All the rest in content with cart onlyIMG_20201228_190941__01.jpg.43f50ec5510205ee918fdf0de5c26b38.jpg

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Well, we pulled the trigger and decided to buy a second Switch so each of our kids can have his own.  I never originally planned to do that, but my wife and I had been talking about it recently.  I have been impressed with how well my kids are taking care of it, using it properly and storing it correctly to keep it safe.  My younger son (only 4) has really started to play some games very well by himself over the past few weeks.  I figured it would be another year before he started to do that.  I just happened to find a Fortnite Switch at Target so I picked it up.  I don't really care about the Fortnite stuff.  Neither of my kids plays that yet, but I really like the color of the blue and yellow Joy Cons.  Plus, the Switch and doc both have some Fortnite logos which means that each Switch will be unique for my kids.  

I'll still play the Switch myself of course, but I usually only do that after the kids go to bed.  

e2t9gbsthdcpmg16g.jpg

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 6

For some reason I can't upload photos? Why?

Anyway, posting before more stuff comes in. Have to link from Imgur for these. 

Thanks to @Laseki I was able to add these beauties to the Wii U collection: 

spacer.png

And here's a bunch of other stuff I managed to bring in... pretty sure I'm missing a couple things... it's getting hard to keep track... also I'm pretty sure I forgot to snap a couple items but whatever...

spacer.png

Kirby Tilt n Tumble I was hunting for a long time... finally managed to win an auction a little under the average going price on a less than perfect copy with stickers... just had to clean those. Wario Land 2 was also a long time hunting, ended up frankensteining the packaging with a loose cart. Microsoft Puzzle Collection was on my list for a long time and I finally told my wife to get it for me for Hannukah... then it took over 3 weeks to actually arrive. Hardcore Pinball was a single-bid win on eBay from a seller that had a lot of cool stuff up for auction... but I didn't win any of the other auctions. Moto GP ended up being free after the seller mailed it in a bubble envelope T_T and the Sonic Combo Pack is in rough shape and was missing the tray but I decided to grab it since I rarely see it come up. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Was not expecting to add so many GameCube games, I rarely find deals on these anymore, but I got most from a lot buy and the rest were just good deals. Best of Playstation Network was another one that used to be cheap and then it kinda disappeared off eBay, but I managed to find someone on OfferUp selling it for a good price. 

spacer.png

The DS games were from a cheap Facebook Marketplace bundle, Smart Girl's Playhouse was on my wishlist for quite a while. Yo-Kai Watch 2 I had the packaging from a lot I bought months ago, finally got the cart in a trade, apparently it's getting pricy now? Crazy. 

spacer.png

Waited a long long time for these to arrive from Japan. 

spacer.png

Most of these were bought on sale, also I'm missing the free Zelda T-shirt I got with the bottom 2 games, also if you look closely you can see my first code-in-a-box game. 

spacer.png

Lastly the plush set was on sale and the Super Power guide was given to me basically for free with an NES Classic Mini I bought on Mercari. 

Also I might have double posted a few games here, sorry if so!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1

Got this for $125 to be transparent, first time I ever tried long distance FB marketplace.  The SP is jacked up, getting a small partial refund towards fixing it at least.  The L/R buttons are basically out without death grip, never seen it before but a horizontal line out on the screen too, it's touchy but with various new parts it'll get made right.  The GBA game is SMB3 with no sticker, the rest is pretty clear why it's a nice package.

gbalot1228fbmail.jpg

• Like 8

It seems like I forgot to post some games.

Some DS games:
Ed4dYvXh.jpg

PS2 and PS3 games:
E2sqhrth.jpg

Master System, Mega Drive, GBC and GBA games:
The GBC, GBA and Arrow Flash were all Christmas gifts.
pqXtuQnh.jpg lUbHKfDh.jpg

And finally 3 SNES games that I'm VERY happy to add to the collection: Playtronic ISS, Gradiente ISS Deluxe and Street Fighter Alpha 2.
EhM37Vvh.jpg

• Like 12

On 12/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

My wife usually frantic shops last minute and gets goofy stuff from the drug store or super market check out that I never end up using. So this year, I have her a list of $20 and under NES CIB games to choose from just in case she wanted to make last minute purchases. She got me these two and I ordered Ori on Amazon. I'd like to get the other one depending on how this one goes. So far I'm digging it. 

IMG_20201228_190837__01.jpg.d3b6bac3420e87aba3068c07bc111b6a.jpg

So far I have almost all the NES games CIB that I want. I have the SMB series in my office (Famicom tho). Games I'm still after CIB are CV1, MM1, Dodgeball and Talespin. All the rest in content with cart onlyIMG_20201228_190941__01.jpg.43f50ec5510205ee918fdf0de5c26b38.jpg

Thats a nice assortment of NES games. Jealous of the Darkwing Duck

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

The VCS does exist! I haven't received mine yet, but I look forward to adding another piece of hardware that I'll never use to my collection.

Yes it does!  I took it out of the box but I have not set it up yet. I need to, though. 🙂

• Like 1