IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

16 hours ago, Matt 4120 said:

Haven’t posted in a VERY long time. Only recent additions include the Williams tables on Pinball FX 3 (volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and the Universal Monsters pack), and this copy of Sonic Heroes for the GameCube.
93E5C20E-52B4-43FA-BC6C-85C20A97BC21.thumb.jpeg.85d59b7d5fe23da7e7756c70d000ba74.jpeg

Sonic Heroes on GameCube was one of my favorites. Should totally try it out again soon.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Aguy said:

I have this system cib and it is one of my favorites. Everyone goes nuts over the pokemon yellow system but this one looks way cooler. I got mine NM years ago along with a cib Pokemon Yellow for crazy cheap.

I'm with you I much prefer this one over the Pokemons Yellow Console, especially the box art. 

The G/S GBC has been increasingly difficult to find authentic, let alone CIB. I missed on an auction on a near mint one months ago (maybe over the summer) that went for around $300 and when I put in an offer of $200 for this one, I have to admit I wasn't mad all things considered.

I'm just of the mindset that I don't need to pay a premium for mint condition especially these days with the insane prices for Pokemon and everything video game related. And with this being the "last" GBC I needed for the set of unique colors, I was relieved to get it off the list and upgrade it if I can find a good deal in the future. 

Now I just need for the GBC & GBP box protectors to get restocked. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Pokemon Sunday

Pokemon.jpg

This brings a tear to my eye. Beautiful.

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I finally knocked off my "final" CIB Gameboy Color with the Pokemon G/S. I paid more than I wanted to and the condition is .. uhh.. subpar lol but I'm really glad to have it out of the way. I'll be keeping an eye out for an upgrade but overall I'm really happy with getting them all out the way. 

IMG_20201123_092131.thumb.jpg.54803fce3c520f304b1ae801f6b05b18.jpg

IMG_20201123_092125__01.thumb.jpg.743522a001572bddc6bdb3a40291242d.jpgIMG_20201123_092139__01.thumb.jpg.7c82c9e3a3228daca5605954e2f1391c.jpgIMG_20201123_092146__01.thumb.jpg.a841c1b8e1c99a39d48481ffe15a922f.jpg

My mom got my brother this one when it was new. I own it now. Man I wish he kept the box. Such a cool box.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, croagunk said:

Finally caved and picked up New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on the Switch since it’s on sale anyway. Also got this retro-style Mario collector box.

Sweet box.  I caved on that game earlier this year when I found it for like $20-25.  No way in hell I'd pay $60 on that given I had it once already for that rotten failed console that spawned it.  By far the best of the New SMB series, then again they admitted as much to copying the physics style of Mario World instead of the floaty odd mess the earlier ones are.

• Like 1

Some recent pick ups.  Turtles is a box upgrade.  Thing was a good price and in fantastic condition.  
I’m still a bit shocked by the acquisition of Super Mario Bros.  I was a little inebriated before bed the one night and saw it posted for a decent price with OBO.  Totally low balled the guy just for shits and giggles.  Like 60% of asking price.  Woke up to “your offer has been accepted”.  Well alrighty then.  Nice condition.  

F18E7371-79BB-4731-AEB8-DECF80A0F904.jpeg

C9812F93-69F0-4B6F-BC40-06039F2A88AD.jpeg

6CC63B03-A67B-46AD-8F1E-2643D8680932.jpeg

043BBAC2-F8F6-472B-851F-00CEAA0E3A63.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

20 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

I’m still a bit shocked by the acquisition of Super Mario Bros.  I was a little inebriated before bed the one night and saw it posted for a decent price with OBO.  Totally low balled the guy just for shits and giggles.  Like 60% of asking price.  Woke up to “your offer has been accepted”.  Well alrighty then.  Nice condition.  

This is honestly how I end up with most of my ebay purchases. Late night, best offers on things that would otherwise be poor financial decisions. 

• Like 1

I found a few things the last few days, no pics, I'm lazy.

Online I snapped up a deal for 2 inoperative handhelds, a GBC and a DMG unit.  GBC looks like an easy fix, rotted battery connector (not the PCB attached side), and then a DMG that pops on and off with lines in the display which is also an easy fix, paid about 40 for them which unworking stupidly they're worth more than that now.  I'm currently repairing, refurbishing, and upgrading all the GB family of systems as I enjoy it to make a few bucks. :D

A week ago and this is related to earlier ago today, I hit this goodwill locally and they're infuriating now as they're full ebay PLUS on games...today was $80 for Pokemon XD on Gamecube, so I ignored it.  But last week I found for $3 for original 90s Pokemon and BD&A N64/GB (RBY) era beanie plushies which are worth around $100 together about.  Today, after getting annoyed, I checked the bin again, found another this 8-10" tall 1998 Pikachu which has a battery box, motor and lights and sound for $2.  It's like a $30-40 plushie and the last owner left the batteries out so no rot, now it's near my desk. :)  And then swinging around back towards home, half price books was about half price?!  I finally got Advance Wars for a price I wanted to pay ($20, not $35-40) so that's going into my GBA here today to play. :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I found a few things the last few days, no pics, I'm lazy.

A week ago and this is related to earlier ago today, I hit this goodwill locally and they're infuriating now as they're full ebay PLUS on games...today was $80 for Pokemon XD on Gamecube, so I ignored it.  But last week I found for $3 for original 90s Pokemon and BD&A N64/GB (RBY) era beanie plushies which are worth around $100 together about.  Today, after getting annoyed, I checked the bin again, found another this 8-10" tall 1998 Pikachu which has a battery box, motor and lights and sound for $2.  It's like a $30-40 plushie and the last owner left the batteries out so no rot, now it's near my desk. :)  

You can’t get away without posting a picture of your new desk buddy!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Oooo Voltron in the background!

Yeah and that's the little like 8" one where each cat has a pull back spring motor.  Found it at the flea south of here like 2-3 years ago sitting in a bin (assembled) for a dollar.  Each toy was a dollar, still would have paid $5. 😄  I do have the original 1981 Japanese Golion spotless with his blazing sword and shield.  Local pickup in town too.

voltron-golion1981.JPG

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

3 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

That's a proper chonky pikachu! they don't make them like that anymore!

No they really don't.  I was surprised when I saw it from behind and also its fairly big weight to it for an assumed plush only at the time, as I had to think twice due to how fat it was and went for the tag.  I then saw the (C)1995, 1996, & 1998 Nintendo, CREATURES, GAME FREAK at the top, and on the reverse top ASST. 58103 Pokemon TM I Choose You Pikachu.

When I then saw that, I checked, realized it was their first plushie with basic animatronics with also light and sound.  The mouth and ears move, has multiple pika sayings, and the cheeks light up red as well.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah and that's the little like 8" one where each cat has a pull back spring motor.  Found it at the flea south of here like 2-3 years ago sitting in a bin (assembled) for a dollar.  Each toy was a dollar, still would have paid $5. 😄  I do have the original 1981 Japanese Golion spotless with his blazing sword and shield.  Local pickup in town too.

voltron-golion1981.JPG

I wish I could find that for $1 haha. Look at the condition, they were mental!

Are you referring to the Popy Golion? Because that would be a crazy lucky find in the US, nice work.

I have the Soul of Chogokin Golion that I got on release, it was worth every expensive dollar it cost haha.