IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

3 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

On my lunch I got a Zelda game and a Gorillaz record on their release day today. Surreal that 2 franchises I really enjoy released stuff on the same day.  Also found a Talking Heads album while waiting at the record store!

20201023_134224.jpg

I forgot Song Machine was coming out today! You just cost me the price of the record lol

I’ve decided my collection is starting to look lopsided toward Sega so I’m going to try to focus on the Nintendo stuff that I want for a bit. I’m excited to have picked up this special edition of the DSi, seeing as Pokémon Black was one of my favorite games on that system.

E74C01E7-E7B2-495E-944C-F4370EA282F4.jpeg

D7767943-207A-4D16-8EA1-3C0B4B0D3AAB.jpeg

• Like 6

Found a few SFC boots at a junk shop tonight. 

Love the upside down label on the DBZ game, a true sign of quality.

Then there's the multicart. You didn't notice that one until I pointed it out, right?

Finally, who doesn't love a bootleg DKC with a USA SNES label?

Total cost? $7.50.

IMG20201025224711.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Wait... $1000 USD? They are really rare and sought after or something?

Atari existed before the days of minimum print runs. Some Atari games literally have only one single known copy in existence. This one isn't quite on that R10 level but Ultravision made very few games in total. If you've ever seen either of these games before in your lifetime I would be surprised because I haven't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Wait... $1000 USD? They are really rare and sought after or something?

Well all of these are extremely rare. Finding anything from the Atari era locally is extremely hard, and what I have found is generally in poor condition.

But similarly, this stuff rarely turns up abroad either, so it seems as though it truly is rare.

• Like 1

Ok today brought down the weird like I rarely find in a state like this.  I went into goodwill I was driving by, at first saw some games in the glass under the counter and I was like wow timesplitters, sealed, the future perfect one and the jerks wanted $100, I was mad, put it back, not paying ebay+ there.  Glad I didn't walk out though,  sitting on this large table in the rear that usually had clothes/kids garments was that, and it cost all of a $1.99?!

I've only seen a picture of this thing before once looking up random stuff years ago, that demonic looking penguin there with the 2 glowing evil red eyes when powered on.  Strangely enough, evil tux there is actually a pretty capable Famicom, has a slot in the rear.  It even comes packed in with a solid 111in1 cart that doesn't appear to have duplicates or much in the line of trash games.  I don't think I've ever seen before a fold out that actually lists all the titles to a multicart before either which is handy.  This thing is entirely complete, other that scuffed lettering on the bird there, it looks barely used.  The solder was cold on the wire contacts in the one controller, reflowed it and that did the trick, maybe why it was dumped?

It's strange, it's wireless, works quite well too which surprised me and is forced to be used as the port on the controller is for the wired as 2P.  There is another port on the console side, same jack, the gun goes in there and only works on that as the controller will not.

This is an oddly very capable unit as I gave it the high mapper test running Akamajou Densetsu(CV3jp), Crisis Force, and Parodius and they all worked.  There are also some pretty fun games on that multicart too, and it works in other systems I have so it's not a lockdown thing either.

Does anyone have any further information on this oddity?  I saw a subor round sticker I think on the side of the console.  I wasn't sure what to do with it at first, but I'm leaning towards just keeping it as it's so freaking strange yet capable.

powergames.jpg

• Like 5

I did find one weird website called poverty game night, it has a very small piece on this thing, earlier model with the games built into the penguin.  Problem is, it's filler, covers nothing about its capabilities, background, just mocks the box are and the demonic looking penguin eye glow.  Just in case someone wanted to post that.

Also I did forget to mention I found an original unsealed but complete (mint contents) box of yugioh cards for $1, Starter Deck Yugi.  Figured for a dollar I'd grab it as I'm curious about the rule set.

@Tanooki Always wanted one of these, just for the design, but never found one in the wild, lol . Great score!

The thing is definitely more modern, I'd say around early to mid 2000s. Similarly, this definitely wasn't made in Taiwan. With the Subor sticker, they're probably the ones behind it , they produced a lot of Famiclones during this time 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Atari existed before the days of minimum print runs. Some Atari games literally have only one single known copy in existence. This one isn't quite on that R10 level but Ultravision made very few games in total. If you've ever seen either of these games before in your lifetime I would be surprised because I haven't.

Ya I sold a CIB Vulture attack like....a year or two ago? I think I sold for 1k CAD, probably should of posted it higher ha ha. I think it sold within an hour on ebay. Kept photos for posterity since you just never see it / it seemed fully CIB so figured if anyone ever wanted to know whats in it.

lrNLLIHA.jpeg

zWxYG-7g.jpeg

Edited by Woobie
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

35 minutes ago, Woobie said:

Ya I sold a CIB Vulture attack like....a year or two ago? I think I sold for 1k CAD, probably should of posted it higher ha ha. I think it sold within an hour on ebay. Kept photos for posterity since you just never see it / it seemed fully CIB so figured if anyone ever wanted to know whats in it.

lrNLLIHA.jpeg

zWxYG-7g.jpeg

Wow! I would have paid you more.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Wow! I would have paid you more.

Ha ha yea. I had posted it on Atari age / Nintendo age at the time. Let it sit as I had no previous pricing on it anywhere. Had some offers around 600-700 usd. So just set what I figured was a "high price" on ebay and tossed it with "or best offer". Had one person sending repeated offers slowly creeping higher then straight buy it now. I think actually selling price was around 1.2k cad since I recall ending up with 1k all said and done. Definitely not ever something you see though

Also since it's "what's new in your collection" thread instead of detailing need to add what I just received. 🤣

20201026_131705.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

@Tanooki Always wanted one of these, just for the design, but never found one in the wild, lol . Great score!

The thing is definitely more modern, I'd say around early to mid 2000s. Similarly, this definitely wasn't made in Taiwan. With the Subor sticker, they're probably the ones behind it , they produced a lot of Famiclones during this time 

Thanks, and FYI it's 2004 or slightly after.  I popped the cart open to clean it, and I found the date of 2004 in there either on the board or one of the chips.  It's cheap plastic, don't really want to crack it open twice and lose a tab for it.  I heard of the bird at least a decade ago and I thought it was cool, back then having no FC access at all, not even a honeybee yet so it was tempting but even in socal, it was not something I'd find, just those trashy powerjoy things usually at christmas mall kiosks or at a flea market.  I don't blame you for taking an interest, it's just very fascinating.

The research I have had so far came up with the ultimate fact I got lucky.  An earlier model while having the same kind of controllers had the game chip inside the bird.  Mine came with the re-usable standard FC multicart you can use elsewhere, and then after that it kind of waffled between the two but using a PSX controller molding and people affectionately nicknaming it the penguinstation.

Either way with you taking that kind of interest yet not finding one considering where you live that makes it all the more interesting given you collect all this screwball stuff on top of the legit FC set.

• Like 2