IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

spacer.png

This has got to be up there with some of my best yard sale finds, maybe best ever. $50 for everything. A couple things are missing manuals, Mario Bros Wii is missing the disc, and the two Final Fantasy IX's will be frankensteined to make one complete copy. Bought this Sunday at 2 pm, no idea how all of this lasted so long....

I rarely even see games at flea markets/yard sales anymore, and when I do it isn't anything like this stuff

Edited by snes_collector
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 5

1 hour ago, drxandy said:

Do they have more? Thats awesome!!!!

Haha I wish! It was at a yard sale in a nice gated development. The lady had 0 other gaming stuff and had no idea where it came from lol I wasn't complaining. I had wanted one since I got my PS2 in 2002 since I had a blue LED in the HD slot, blue controllers and blue memory cards. 20 years later the mission was completed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Haha I wish! It was at a yard sale in a nice gated development. The lady had 0 other gaming stuff and had no idea where it came from lol I wasn't complaining. I had wanted one since I got my PS2 in 2002 since I had a blue LED in the HD slot, blue controllers and blue memory cards. 20 years later the mission was completed!

Oh the stand, gotcha yeah I always thought the stands looked super coollll I actually have a horizontal one because of the blue look even though it's pointless.. I need to get the one for the slim but it seems to run a little expensive now a days.

• Like 1

I had kind of a nice fun run of it today, totally a keeper find more or less if not entirely.  For 3DS/Switch there's Kirby and Morta there for $45 as a pair.  The guide, $25 and it's in great shape, smooth clean inside on it with no damage.  And that other bit?  That cost me $5 and it's a Wacom Intuos Draw CTL-490w which came out mid-Dec 2015, and $5 is a steal on it too.  I've always wanted a drawing pad for the PC, when I saw how new it was it was worth the gamble.

Yeah the lil orange guy doesn't look so good, but it was free hand looking at a 20+ year old Tomy light up plastic toy on my desk.  It will take some getting used to, but already amazing compared to a mouse or trackball.

charmander.jpg

IMG_4238.JPG

• Like 6

I put in a couple low ball offers and I hit in a couple of them. RCR had some wicked sun fade but for the price they accepted, I'm not mad about it. The sides and the back look fine lol and the cart & manual are in great shape.

It seems like the condition matters to buyers now more than ever. A couple nicks and bumps is really hurting the sale prices. 

1515255271_IMG_20200910_1855142.thumb.jpg.c8ccea4283a93d26023a2b699fc1ec53.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I put in a couple low ball offers and I hit in a couple of them. RCR had some wicked sun fade but for the price they accepted, I'm not mad about it. The sides and the back look fine lol and the cart & manual are in great shape.

It seems like the condition matters to buyers now more than ever. A couple nicks and bumps is really hurting the sale prices. 

1515255271_IMG_20200910_1855142.thumb.jpg.c8ccea4283a93d26023a2b699fc1ec53.jpg

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah I’ve noticed the condition is making a huge difference with prices. 

Well... blame the scheme between heritage and wata I guess.  Don't they like to overrate unsealed games and get them up for high price auctions?  Even if they don't I know the impression of that is out there, so wouldn't that maybe line up with people being super nitpicky about the price more than ever?  Oh that dent, that went from a 9.5 to an 8.3, I'll give you $50 instead of $500.

42 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well... blame the scheme between heritage and wata I guess.  Don't they like to overrate unsealed games and get them up for high price auctions?  Even if they don't I know the impression of that is out there, so wouldn't that maybe line up with people being super nitpicky about the price more than ever?  Oh that dent, that went from a 9.5 to an 8.3, I'll give you $50 instead of $500.

Definitely. I just saw in a Facebook group people talking about unsealing 9.2/9.4’s so they grade as 9.6/9.8 CIBs. Infuriating 😡

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, DorkOverlord said:

FINALLY got a Neo Geo CD! 

Nice.  I still need to find a working Neo Geo CD controller.  I prefer that style over the arcade stick and I would much rather use it on my consolised MVS.  I have one, but it has a bad microswitch, and I was never able to find replacement switches.  

That Neo CD looks great.  I had the distinct pleasure of trying one of those out around a decade ago now when I was back in cali for a few years as a friend I did the flea market with had one.  Aside from the atrociously slow drive it had for loading up games, it was quite an amazing little console that did the games it had justice completely.  I never will own one having what I do, short of finding one locally insanely cheap, but if I did have one I'd be hard pressed not to just hack the thing with an SD card loader to remove that problem.

You know I think that controller would work on MVS hardware though.  On some of the boards for the machine inside there are a couple of controller ports just sitting there.  I've never thought about it before, probably could google it in a moment and maybe find that answer but I wonder if those would work.

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That Neo CD looks great.  I had the distinct pleasure of trying one of those out around a decade ago now when I was back in cali for a few years as a friend I did the flea market with had one.  Aside from the atrociously slow drive it had for loading up games, it was quite an amazing little console that did the games it had justice completely.  I never will own one having what I do, short of finding one locally insanely cheap, but if I did have one I'd be hard pressed not to just hack the thing with an SD card loader to remove that problem.

You know I think that controller would work on MVS hardware though.  On some of the boards for the machine inside there are a couple of controller ports just sitting there.  I've never thought about it before, probably could google it in a moment and maybe find that answer but I wonder if those would work.

I've read that the NG CD and AES controllers are interchangeable. I'm going to pick up an AES controller at some point and test it out, as I need a second controller anyway (this only came with one). 

• Like 1

This for me in this area I'd personally consider one those find of the quarter moments as the last time I got something so well done was the 3 GBA SP 101's with a few games like 10 days apart before summer. 😄

The day started (no pic) for $30 I got Super Mario Allstars Limited Ed for Wii, sticker sealed at the top still, opened at the bottom and sticker removal hosed up the flap gold cover on bottom a bit, but that's it as everything is otherwise seemingly mint/factory fresh condition.

Then around 3 hours ago (but talking from a couple hours earlier on facebook) I nailed down this deal for $150 and the original image didn't even show all the loose games and I think lacked a title or two from the stack that looked smaller and didn't show the spines on it all.  (No stylus, some rear bottom scratches on shell) but it's the Metallic Red New Nintendo 3DS XL here and with 23 games (12 complete, 11 loose.)  Even had a troll attack the seller on facebook because they couldn't convince the woman to ignore me and sell to them instead, and she was getting upset at manchild (child)'s entitlement and rudeness so she set it as sold and removed the posting while reporting the clown. 😄

setp13n3dsxlfind.JPG

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

I’ve been MIA here and on Instagram because life has been depressing and I haven’t had the mental capacity to socialize, but that hasn’t stopped me from buying video games!

I posted in the Atari thread that I was looking for a 5200, so I posted a wanted ad on AtariAge. Tip: if you want something NES era and earlier, try a wanted ad there. Those guys are all older dudes who have massive collections and many will have doubles they’re more than happy to part with.

So I get a PM from a dude on there who has a ton of 5200 stuff he’d part with, and we worked out a deal because he wanted to just get rid of a portion of his collection. Better yet, he’s an hour and a half away so we decided to meet up and save the hassle of shipping for both of us.

Basically I bought a working 2-port 5200, two extra systems with it (one likely working and one for parts), and a box full of 5200 controllers (I have plans to fix them all). Honestly if you’re looking for any old systems I’d give this guy a DM as he’s looking to unload most of his stuff from what he’s told me.

Then I tried the local game stores around town and found a bunch of uncommon 2600 cartridges.

I know this thread is for eye candy so I’ll post some photos later on when I sort through the haul.

• Like 5

Upgraded a couple items in my collection,

A9AB6221-EC52-48A2-B994-87AF36E7EB92.thumb.jpeg.dfc186c00a92f9362670cf1086303bfa.jpeg

picked up a TG-16 mini on the restock,

EF39140E-AC3D-4BA8-A9E1-6D54D2F60053.thumb.jpeg.01484a766f358f067946fa07d0dbef43.jpeg

got this bangin’ 3DS case,

6E2F8131-7222-4B29-ACB4-80C8FD51A162.thumb.jpeg.75b983a04a3868959548a19f5444f06c.jpeg

some random games,

0D70BCD4-2E7E-4A8F-BB89-F2DDB0A4AA59.thumb.jpeg.55ca52ab29f0e15fe9b1dae014ad964a.jpeg

keychains?

0A6DF5FE-EF1E-4022-88CA-04A30F02E53C.thumb.jpeg.bcd96d75d6c63b09ef8618ad2702cc93.jpeg

a GameStop find,

B6684D11-4D77-413C-AA18-C36729B41E09.thumb.jpeg.97c1b8779f9ae046e85dfbe65fdc5338.jpeg

and a bunch of gameboy games!

C87F4DAF-AA93-4136-B77D-0BA6A991DE8E.thumb.jpeg.dd8071316f8660c1513e4c2e59353e88.jpeg

Thanks to @The Strangest for hooking me up with Metal Gear Solid!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 4