IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Friday night I picked up my biggest game purchase ever: 389 CIB (there are 3 that doesn't have the manuals) games in total for Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. There are duplicates that I'm gping to sell but there's a lot of great stuff that I didn't own. The price was very good as well. Bought it all from one collector.

Gameboy
wzGYjJTh.jpg edW5lqbh.jpg

Gameboy Color
NXMbt8Bh.jpg A9QVJNPh.jpg PJfhXNph.jpg iRE0lowh.jpg 

Gameboy Advance
m2nUHeRh.jpg 5vRyBaDh.jpg CJ9Q9Brh.jpg roqBbSBh.jpg bY1ekwFh.jpg

The highlights for me:
ot0K8dQ.jpg

I never expected to get a copy of Shantae that looks this good. Space Marauder is really hard to find boxed and this one looks like new.

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 21

5 minutes ago, Galdius said:

Friday night I picked up my biggest game purchase ever: 389 CIB (there are 3 that doesn't have the manuals) games in total for Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance. There are duplicates that I'm gping to sell but there's a lot of great stuff that I didn't own. The price was very good as well. Bought it all from one collector.

Dude what the hell!!! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Holiday weekend seems like a good time to post my recent pickups. 

F3645CBD-82AA-4C3F-A00F-8BD474061005.thumb.jpeg.a1471aa45725f4d104182d7a76c90d89.jpeg

I was patient for Minecraft Story Mode Season 2, assuming there was a lot of supply. Turns out there was! Scalpers are probably taking a hit on it now. I would even say I overpaid, got this for $35 but there’s already a bunch available for $28 each.

B11DAC8A-CEA4-44EE-98A8-FA29C6A5CF78.thumb.jpeg.764606053bd7d18190d732898312e398.jpeg 

Got impulsive picking up some Wii titles 🙂

3183255C-445A-4755-89B9-72DF2FACBA84.thumb.jpeg.9c3e0dc7edb8a65e42df5595fe16ee45.jpeg

oh and I also landed my 3DS grail for the year. Got a good deal on it too. Here’s the inside:

3183255C-445A-4755-89B9-72DF2FACBA84.thumb.jpeg.9c3e0dc7edb8a65e42df5595fe16ee45.jpeg

Oh and the Magician’s Quest, Aladdin Racer and Zoids were from a trade/cash deal with @Richard Kimmel!

EBCB2167-191D-4CFC-A2A0-174F80402DC5.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

oh and I also landed my 3DS grail for the year. Got a good deal on it too. Here’s the inside:

Great pick up! It took me awhile to find mine and that was several years ago. Your outer box is in great shape as well!

The price of Pokemon yellow seems to be on a steep incline. Hopefully you got a decent price for it! Overall, Pokemon may have been the most under valued franchise in gaming giving the recent bump in price across the board on both the video games and the TCG. 

30 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

The price of Pokemon yellow seems to be on a steep incline. Hopefully you got a decent price for it! Overall, Pokemon may have been the most under valued franchise in gaming giving the recent bump in price across the board on both the video games and the TCG. 

Pokemon had a crazy price spike during COVID mania which is to be expected when a lot of new collectors enter the scene. It’s the most demand over supply franchise in game collecting. I regret that I never expected the prices to go up so much but these games are sooo common, it’s like if people were paying $200+ for a CIB Super Mario Bros. 3.

i got lucky with this one in an auction, got it for about $120 altogether, but the wear on it makes it less of a steal. I will see if I can find a better condition manual for it. I just really wanted to have Yellow in my collection, I never had it growing up! 

56 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I regret that I never expected the prices to go up so much but these games are sooo common, it’s like if people were paying $200+ for a CIB Super Mario Bros. 3.

i got lucky with this one in an auction, got it for about $120 altogether, but the wear on it makes it less of a steal.

I'm with ya. I'm really glad I held onto my copies during my back to college sell off 6-7 years ago. My thinking too is that even at this price, they might still be under valued. Gamefreak has been releasing basically turds for the past couple years. Just imagine if they released a good Pokemon game that would get old players back into the series!

I've had success with ironing Gameboy boxes. Idk how adventurous you feel but a hot iron and cotton shirt can make quick work of a lot of stubborn wrinkles in Gameboy boxes. 

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I've had success with ironing Gameboy boxes. Idk how adventurous you feel but a hot iron and cotton shirt can make quick work of a lot of stubborn wrinkles in Gameboy boxes. 

Oh yeah I’ve done some ironing before. I actually have a backlog of boxes I need to iron now 😅

17 hours ago, Galdius said:

Gameboy
wzGYjJTh.jpg edW5lqbh.jpg

Gameboy Color
NXMbt8Bh.jpg A9QVJNPh.jpg PJfhXNph.jpg iRE0lowh.jpg 

Gameboy Advance
m2nUHeRh.jpg 5vRyBaDh.jpg CJ9Q9Brh.jpg roqBbSBh.jpg bY1ekwFh.jpg

The highlights for me:
ot0K8dQ.jpg

I never expected to get a copy of Shantae that looks this good. Space Marauder is really hard to find boxed and this one looks like new.

Holy shite, mate! Freaking epic! I'm surprised Return of the Ninja isn't one of your highlights. That game is hard as bollocks to get a hold of CIB. Iirc some poor sap paid $500 for a complete copy with a poor condition box about a couple months back. I'd be curious to see what a nice/minty complete copy goes for, since I sold a minty copy for $70 a few years back. I want to know what type of money I missed out on. 

12 hours ago, JVOSS said:

@Galdius,   can you pm me a photo of the back and front of cart to add to the Brazilian list?

Just pm'ed you with the photos. Those are the Brazilian vesions that came in this set:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1zGib5eh.jpg[/img]

Let me know if you want more pics (and I do have other Brazilian games, including an almost CIB GBA set).

6 hours ago, Sir Centroid said:

Holy shite, mate! Freaking epic! I'm surprised Return of the Ninja isn't one of your highlights. That game is hard as bollocks to get a hold of CIB. Iirc some poor sap paid $500 for a complete copy with a poor condition box about a couple months back. I'd be curious to see what a nice/minty complete copy goes for, since I sold a minty copy for $70 a few years back. I want to know what type of money I missed out on. 

I forgot to add to the photo. It's definitely very hard to find CIB and maybe even loose.