IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

21 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

The books I've ordered have been through their site.  I guess I'm not surprised that Amazon would ship it differently.  I'm glad you enjoy the book.  I really like their stuff.  I'm curious what their 8th installment will be.  I'm guessing/hoping for Genesis, N64 or PS1.

Amazon shipping has been atrocious since COVID lockdowns started. I’ve received stuff with no void fill whatsoever. 

a bit of advice: if you want some assurance that your item will be packed well, choose gift wrapping. It costs extra but at least they will put in the effort to protect it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Amazon shipping has been atrocious since COVID lockdowns started. I’ve received stuff with no void fill whatsoever. 

a bit of advice: if you want some assurance that your item will be packed well, choose gift wrapping. It costs extra but at least they will put in the effort to protect it.

I agree that Amazon has been a mess.  Not just the packaging, but the shipping times as well.  The part that pisses me off is that they claim that the slower shipping time is due to the fact that they are making hospitals and medical providers a top priority for shipping PPE.  I work for a hospital and deal with some of the purchasing and I can confirm that is 100% false.  It's disgusting to me that they try to act like a hero by putting medial workers first when they aren't actually doing it.   

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, thatgamernerd said:

Very happy to add this completely CIB Daredevil to the collection. It sat on eBay for $100 for a little while until the seller offered a 60% discount to watchers. Couldn't believe it. 

I used to be annoyed that my saved search list filled up. Now I'm also annoyed that my watch list fills up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm on the way to the 3000 game mark.
Those are the games that I got this month up to yesterday.

Some more 3DS games. 
O19uBtDl.jpg 

More PS3 Favoritos games and some other stuff: 
ST6tH5Cl.jpg 

The last 2 Brazilian GBA games that I was missing for the set but Spider-Man is missing the manual: 
xFXvqC7l.jpg 

Ninja Gaiden for the Game Gear is complete and also found 2 Japanese Xbox 360 demos: 
76TZq0Al.jpg

• Like 7

@Reed Rothchild get a load of this torrid buying man ^^^

Not going to post all my recent pickups, just want to post that my latest Buyee order finally arrived: 

87A3D453-6946-4BF1-92C6-22B2F19A6C85.thumb.jpeg.7b3e8304854816480ce776ba982fcb0e.jpeg

I ordered this stuff before the lockdown started and then couldn’t ship anything out of Japan. Buyee waived all the warehouse fees (still are actually) so I figured I would just wait as long as it would take for Japan Post to open up shipping again. Then in like June Buyee announced they would be able to ship stuff with DHL and I ignored it because it was more expensive. But finally last week I got too impatient and decided to just bite the bullet and do it. 

26315AFE-437E-490D-9DEC-D52C20A4D5D3.thumb.jpeg.9437d8dce1c6d9a9b09bdee93286869d.jpeg

So what did I buy? 

1. I finally decided I had to have the Limited Edition version of Korg DS10+ with the exclusive book and YMO’s “Rydeen” as the preloaded demo track. Interestingly enough while DS games are not region locked, DSi-enhanced features are, so I probably would have to copy the demo track to my NA region DS10+ to play it properly.

ALSO, this box isn’t complete 😞 it’s missing the styrofoam tray that holds the DS case. It’s really a shame. I’ve gone ahead and ordered another one... when it arrives I’m going to see if I can cut a repro tray myself and then sell or trade off this incomplete copy. 

Anyway, I’m glad I got this. The book is amazing. It features some Japanese musicians that I used to listen to and follow when DS10 was still a new thing. Like a window into a niche art scene from a different time. I don’t understand Japanese so I can’t make sense of the text but I will probably go at it with Google Translate on my phone!

2. Tomodachi Collection catalog. I think this was a Club Nintendo item. It’s like a shopping catalog for outfits from Tomodachi Life. Really fun idea. Even has some QR code’s in the back for unlocking outfits in game. 

3. KORG M01. Technically I already have this. But the copy I have is missing the Club Nintendo insert. So obviously I had to correct that. Also this copy here is MINT like wow. 

4. Club Nintendo DS game card case. I think with this one I have the complete set. I already have two other styles. Need to go look up how many styles there were. 

Eventually I’ll post a pic of my KORG Nintendo collection because with this haul I have the complete set 🙂

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 1

9 hours ago, Galdius said:

I'm on the way to the 3000 game mark.
Those are the games that I got this month up to yesterday.

Some more 3DS games. 
O19uBtDl.jpg 

That's interesting, did Freakyforms Deluxe release in South America with an outer slipcover? I don't think the North American release had that.

8 hours ago, bowser said:

That's interesting, did Freakyforms Deluxe release in South America with an outer slipcover? I don't think the North American release had that.

All 3DS games officially released in Brazil had a slipcover (the same goes for WiiU games and some Wii games).
The slipcover was just an easy way to have a cover in portuguese without having to seal the games again.
They would put a sticker on the slipcover to prevent it from falling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Galdius said:

All 3DS games officially released in Brazil had a slipcover (the same goes for WiiU games and some Wii games).
The slipcover was just an easy way to have a cover in portuguese without having to seal the games again.
They would put a sticker on the slipcover to prevent it from falling.

This makes me want to collect Brazilian games soooo bad. I love slipcovers. They are all North America compatible right? The carts are all ESRB? 

48 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

This makes me want to collect Brazilian games soooo bad. I love slipcovers. They are all North America compatible right? The carts are all ESRB? 

They are the same games released in the US including the US seal. 
They just have the slipcover and stickers on top and bottom.
I will take a picture of one of my sealed games.

• Like 1

I've been on a handheld kick lately and am really stoked about my gets this past week. I sold off my Persona 3 for PSP for a ridiculous amount ($220) along with my sealed Valkyrie Profile ($50) and picked up a like new copy of Valkyrie Profile ($20) and Gurumin ($30).

I've needed a manual for Metroid Zero Mission for a while and I since the manual alone sells for $25 regularly, I did not hesitate to get this IB for $21 regardless of the condition of the box. And again, I have been hunting for a legit case for my FE Fates SE. I didn't really need/want all the extras but I was able to land this auction with a sealed copy for $180 shipped.

IMG_20200820_151747983.jpg

IMG_20200820_152210475.jpg

IMG_20200820_151415122.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

Hope I didn't kill my finders luck for the weekend, but I may have today with a combined on the way to get the kid from school find (accessory), and then on the way back from buying some doors I hit the half price and well (game pack) below is a nice image.  Spent less than $15 between the pair, so I think I made out like a bandit, especially on the game bundle.  I've tried the stick, it works, didn't have any luck making a neo geo emulator play nice with it or the stand alones from humble bundle which sucks, but it detects and runs d-pad style control only, no true joystick which is fine as it's an 8way stick I think in there anyway.  Here we have the Hori Fighting Stick VX and then Star Trek Action Pack which had ST Voyage Elite Forces+Expansion and then ST Armada 1 and 2, a 4 CD set, all complete with the manual within there too.  I looked them up was surprised to see it moves for like $80-95!  Took a bit of work to make it go on my PC, but I can see why people love and call that one Voyager game perhaps the best non point and click Trek game made to date as it seems really good.

IMG_4095.JPG

• Like 6

On 8/20/2020 at 2:49 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Here's a pic of a sealed 3DS game with the sticker on the slipcover and game box:

IcDR9Dll.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup you got Moon'd. 😉

I've been on a bit of an ebay bender in the last week, the 17th overall and things are rolling in now.  I'll post more when more happens, but this had to be shown.  I know these as they stand I've seen sell complete for upwards of $80 on ebay, I got the pair for $70 so I'm feeling pretty good. 😄  And yeah the NP guides showed up too, great shape only $8.

If I had Zany Cards I'd have all the english Pokemon Mini carts as I have a EUR version of the handheld(Green) and party already, also have a japanese shock tetris too which is the best game entirely on the little device.

pokemonmini-npguides.jpg

• Like 6

This was my biggest price NP deal so far which was $160 but it will come down, have a handful of doubles like the 2 guides in the last post which are not in quite as nice of shape.  The Metal Storm, Game Boy, and I think 1-2 more are doubles too as is one of the Fun Club (didn't have Link.)  More or less they're all intact I believe, been trying to address preserving the very damaged #1's cover, did my best I could with it for now without any obvious stuff from the outside, thankfully the rest are pretty excellent given the age outside of the usual staple paper issue on those issues and Maniac Mansion got taped aged ago (which I find funny as I remember that was my only really jacked up magazine I had in the day too.)

I know a few of them (most do though) don't have posters, but I honestly can't remember if they all did, or some of those inserts in the one picture (pak source, smb part 1, etc) were there instead I'll have to find some online archive listing of contents.

IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

• Like 10