IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ahh didn't know that existed.  Either way I'll bookmark it.  Not like 50cents is a bad thing, but hey free is free.  Right now I'm doing mental gymnastics over getting a New 2DS XL or sticking with the 2DS I found recently.  Not into collecting it, but having it as a tester with a few fun finds here and there isn't an issue either.  But what is, stupidly saving to hardware, not the game itself so I don't want to start something I can't finish. 😛

I don't get it. 3ds games save to the cart, not to the console. Switch however saves to the console. 

Finally i've got my copy of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 for NES!

I love this cartoon since i saw it for the first time in 1990 back in USSR (yes, i'm so old 😄).

And of course i love both Chip 'n Dale NES games. So i'm really happy to have both in my collection!

rxgMbhA.jpg

G6zajoP.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

9 hours ago, ViKiNg said:

Finally i've got my copy of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 for NES!

I love this cartoon since i saw it for the first time in 1990 back in USSR (yes, i'm so old 😄).

And of course i love both Chip 'n Dale NES games. So i'm really happy to have both in my collection!

rxgMbhA.jpg

G6zajoP.jpg

Beautiful!

• Thanks 1

Newest game pickups include Paper Mario the Origami King and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, the latter of which really isn’t mine but I still picked it up. Really need to get more into the Olympic/Winter series of games.D70389E2-EC77-4DC2-908C-5D880B5BBDC5.thumb.jpeg.ca9a45cd8d4b8c51e21440e9a1f6c4c6.jpeg

Also here’s the Sega Master System visual compendium, to go along with my system I got not to long ago. Very good book and covers a lot of good games. The 3-D games are cool since you can look at them in 3-D with the included 3-D glasses. My case for the book didn’t come in amazing shape but the actual book itself is in good shape.18124872-6418-499E-B06F-BD577236AB40.thumb.jpeg.1f9e9aeaa90c8fe0b4e4360b2643603d.jpeg

Lastly I am awaiting one last Nintendo Switch game, Streets of Rage 4, which will probably be my last game I get for a bit.

Edited by Matt 4120
  • Like 5

I got a few things added to the collection. The Sega games and Pokemon cards were free from a friend. The other games I picked out from yard saling for $1 each. Idk if Im keeping the Sega games since I stopped collecting Sega Genesis about 5-6 years ago.

1553681954_IMG_20200815_2032072.thumb.jpg.a03ef24f4bb094916cd4be7310f0adfa.jpg

I got Animal Crossing New Leaf for $3 and the cart only games were 50 cents since they were missing their cases. Needless to say thats the first Witches Wish I've seen in the wild!. I bought a bunch of Sailor Moon DVDs from the girls too. Wipe out was $1. Atooi collection came today from LRG!1378958387_IMG_20200815_2022452.thumb.jpg.c9ce3096d87cc2732c9ac43d5160adfb.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I got a few things added to the collection. The Sega games and Pokemon cards were free from a friend. The other games I picked out from yard saling for $1 each. Idk if Im keeping the Sega games since I stopped collecting Sega Genesis about 5-6 years ago.

1553681954_IMG_20200815_2032072.thumb.jpg.a03ef24f4bb094916cd4be7310f0adfa.jpg

I got Animal Crossing New Leaf for $3 and the cart only games were 50 cents since they were missing their cases. Needless to say thats the first Witches Wish I've seen in the wild!. I bought a bunch of Sailor Moon DVDs from the girls too. Wipe out was $1. Atooi collection came today from LRG!1378958387_IMG_20200815_2022452.thumb.jpg.c9ce3096d87cc2732c9ac43d5160adfb.jpg

Solid Genesis titles my dude 

• Thanks 1

My turn to show off some weekend goodies, and none of it is actually games which is even more amusing, game related in ways sure, and one directly. 😄

Saturday resulted in the first image and from the Great Escape.  The little dude there Eject with the scan card, $15 (usually costs that alone.)  Every other lined up TF (and the bagged thing) piece was a parts bag for $5.  I grabbed it for Mirage, he was as usual broken on that crappy plastic waist of his. I repaired it using a blue lego piece and some super glue, basically like new again. 😄  He's my little desk toy since I have another in excellent shape on my G1 shelves.

Then today was a nice jackpot.  First being half price the farther one, saw a GIjoe book in the $3 spin rack, then noticed in shock far more, grabbed everything.  I then googled it, the 1-6 set is complete, and the Find Your Fate there are 20, I have 18 of them, and they're not cheap individually either.  Used a 25% off coupon to do $54 well spent.  2 hours ago, got home seeing a fresh facebook ad, and whamo...original owner stack of NP magazines, plus one of those index books, SuperGB and the Top Secrets, also some strange RL Stine Ghostbusters 2 book too all for $40.  All of them have their posters intact, one had a pop out arwing, it's popped out, 6~ of them have a bit of damage, noted the four worst with issue numbers on the right.  I'm going to enjoy reading that stack!

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MrPeaPod said:

I decided to stop at a few garage sales while on my drive back home. I'm glad I did.

First off I got this gamecube and n64 for 60.

Then at another sale I picked up two boxed transformers from the 80s and a boxed go bot. Each was 12 dollars 

Dude nuts, Sixshot still in the box amazing!  I've got that one complete other than the box, big toy compared to most.  What was the other you got and the Gobot?  Do you collect G1s or Gobots?

On 8/15/2020 at 2:33 PM, Matt 4120 said:

Also here’s the Sega Master System visual compendium, to go along with my system I got not to long ago. Very good book and covers a lot of good games. The 3-D games are cool since you can look at them in 3-D with the included 3-D glasses. My case for the book didn’t come in amazing shape but the actual book itself is in good shape.18124872-6418-499E-B06F-BD577236AB40.thumb.jpeg.1f9e9aeaa90c8fe0b4e4360b2643603d.jpeg

Lastly I am awaiting one last Nintendo Switch game, Streets of Rage 4, which will probably be my last game I get for a bit.

I'm a huge fan of their books.  I have all 7 of their visual compendiums and I'm looking forward to the next in the series.  I also have a few of their other books.  

I super surprised that it was damaged in shipping.  I've always considered them to "over pack" their books.  The last one I received was wrapped in plastic which had a think layer of foam around it with thick plastic corner protectors at each corner.  It was then placed inside a cardboard box and wrapped in another layer of plastic BEFORE being put in the actual shipping box.  Assuming yours was shipped the same way, I can't image what could be done to damage the corners.  Have you contacted them to see about a replacement slip cover?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Dude nuts, Sixshot still in the box amazing!  I've got that one complete other than the box, big toy compared to most.  What was the other you got and the Gobot?  Do you collect G1s or Gobots?

I normally don't collect older toys but I couldn't pass them up for that price. When I was a kid, I had a friend that had a bunch of transformers and I was always jealous of it.

It was Go Bot Grungy

20200814_162941.thumb.jpg.5f6f276195444efa3c76acc61f143445.jpg

The other transformer was metroplex. I must have never taken a picture of it. I'll have to do that and I'll post it later

• Like 2

Cool, I'd have internally freaked out seeing that G1 and Gobot as such especially at that price (even if they were loose.)  I only have like 4-5 small gobots if you don't count the Super GoBots as I was after those since they're the original Japanese models from Machine Robo/DX for those I have.  G1s though I'm around 70 as I like the stuff.  Anytime late 70s and 80s bots come up I go for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm a huge fan of their books.  I have all 7 of their visual compendiums and I'm looking forward to the next in the series.  I also have a few of their other books.  

I super surprised that it was damaged in shipping.  I've always considered them to "over pack" their books.  The last one I received was wrapped in plastic which had a think layer of foam around it with thick plastic corner protectors at each corner.  It was then placed inside a cardboard box and wrapped in another layer of plastic BEFORE being put in the actual shipping box.  Assuming yours was shipped the same way, I can't image what could be done to damage the corners.  Have you contacted them to see about a replacement slip cover?

I bought mine off of Amazon. Mine was delivered in an Amazon paper package. I was thinking of getting a new cover, but honestly I was more concerned about the book. The damage isn’t terrible, but in some spots it’s a little rough.
Unfortunately I think I can no longer return the item, which is fine as I really like the book and when put on a book shelf it looks ok.

84A4F4DC-88D4-40EF-BFB5-F86C9A44EF3B.thumb.jpeg.c1623dce9b706b3b499b517079da6a79.jpegF86CF863-0BCF-4950-AF24-9C4A95B25A9F.thumb.jpeg.19fdc76797ffac7a6ed0381ce8a6b5e4.jpegB59ACA85-BD3C-4EE3-8629-A44BBB9484EB.thumb.jpeg.c7776fab3313ee8937446754bfb6f905.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Matt 4120 said:

I bought mine off of Amazon. Mine was delivered in an Amazon paper package. I was thinking of getting a new cover, but honestly I was more concerned about the book. The damage isn’t terrible, but in some spots it’s a little rough.
Unfortunately I think I can no longer return the item, which is fine as I really like the book and when put on a book shelf it looks ok.

The books I've ordered have been through their site.  I guess I'm not surprised that Amazon would ship it differently.  I'm glad you enjoy the book.  I really like their stuff.  I'm curious what their 8th installment will be.  I'm guessing/hoping for Genesis, N64 or PS1.

• Like 1