IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I went to the local store yesterday looking for Game Boy games, I'd seen they had Bomberman GB the last time I was in there and I didn't have time to grab it because I was buying a few DVD sets.
Went back yesterday but it was gone. However, there was a small shelf of used LEGO that caught my eye, among the baggies of sets were these
two vintage baseplates from 1997 sealed for $5.97 each. Pretty good deal. The "LEGO System" logo had caught my eye right away.
In the Game Boy section I did find Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2 and Navy Seals for $5 each, both with dust cover included, so I bought those as well.
This brings my original Game Boy collection to 46 games and 46 official dust covers at this point.

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 4:14 PM, The Strangest said:

Some big Sega purchases here!

Robo Aleste is a sequel/Spin-off to MUSHA. I haven’t played MUSHA so I can’t tell you which is “better,” but going by the price, desirability, and praise of MUSHA, I’m going to hazard a guess that MUSHA is the better game. Power Strike on the SMS is the first in the line of Aleste/MUSHA games, and is one of the pricier SMS games.

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World is probably my my most wanted SMS game and it’s one of the heavies in the North American library. It’s gaining traction as more people learn about it, so I was glad to get this one both because I genuinely want to play it and because it’s super hot/popular amongst Sega fans right now, so every online listing right now tends to get expensive (for SMS prices, anyway) very quickly.

I’m also gonna go ahead and say AKiSW is my first “big dick”-style purchase. There were two on eBay: this one with a BIN above the historical “sold for” prices and one that was an auction. I just said “Screw this, I don’t want to fight with other bidders.” So I did the BIN. I don’t even care, I’m so happy to have this one. And it’s in great shape.

92D86ECE-09C1-4905-9177-50353DA9FA9D.jpeg

EAFBDF10-1F27-469E-B25F-AE5A9CF0EDF4.jpeg

Somebody just posted Alex Kidd in Shinobi world for a $140 BIN.  The cart label has minor issues, but I won't see that other than when I'm playing it.  That was one of the last games I really want to play that I needed, the last 20 are mostly games I'll probably play once or twice.  Master System is so much fun!

Edited by Doctornick
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Doctornick said:

Somebody just posted Alex Kidd in Shinobi world for a $140 BIN.  The cart label has minor issues, but I won't see that other than when I'm playing it.  That was one of the last games I really want to play that I needed, the last 20 are mostly games I'll probably play once or twice.  Master System is so much fun!

That’s a steal considering what the title has been commanding lately. I’ve seen it hit closer to $200 recently.

And nothing wrong with a bit of label damage, at least to me anyway. I’ve been able to get games for a steep discount for minor label damage.

Edited by The Strangest

41 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

That’s a steal considering what the title has been commanding lately. I’ve seen it hit closer to $200 recently.

And nothing wrong with a bit of label damage, at least to me anyway. I’ve been able to get games for a steep discount for minor label damage.

Yeah and it's literally just slight wear in the top.  Not even missing any pieces or anything like that.  Master System is pretty easy to collect for (other than how hard to find some games like Dick Tracy are), any time a game spikes you can always grab it for less a few weeks later thankfully.  At least that's been the case for me over the last few years.

25 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

Shit, has the SMS jumped in popularity/price? That was one I have a small/great collection but hadn't deep dived into the library.

I’d say it’s still relatively cheap when you compare the heavies in that set to something like the NES, SNES, or Genesis, but I think it is getting more limelight. You can see a steady climb in CIB prices for the desirable titles like Golden Axe Warrior and Power Strike. It’s hard to get a read on the Shinobi World trends though because Pricecharting incorrectly has the PAL copy and two North American variants - one with the blue label and one without. If it doesn’t have a blue label, it’s not a North American copy.

33 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

This is it. Darn Power Strike though eh? I don't care Buster Douglas but PS looks legitimately cool.

20200705_160246.jpg

Power Strike is a lot of fun.  There were multiple copies that went for less than $200 early this year, and those sitting in eBay have been there forever at $250.  I would say as far as expensive SMS goes Power Strike is the most worth it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Power Strike is a lot of fun.  There were multiple copies that went for less than $200 early this year, and those sitting in eBay have been there forever at $250.  I would say as far as expensive SMS goes Power Strike is the most worth it.

Do the Euro versions play the exact same? I own Golden Axe Warrior and I am pretty sure the euro one is the same. Same thing with Sonic the Hedgehog.

6 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

Do the Euro versions play the exact same? I own Golden Axe Warrior and I am pretty sure the euro one is the same. Same thing with Sonic the Hedgehog.

Golden Axe Warrior and Sonic are the same for sure.  Power Strike I'm not sure about, I've never played/seen footage of the PAL version but a lot of the games are the exact same as the NA releases.

• Like 1

Got 2 more Xbox consoles: Crystal and Pure White (2nd anniversary in Japan).

The Crystal has some scuffs at the top but this was my previous console that I sold a few years ago to a collector and now I have rebought it.
The Pure White is in great shape considering its white is getting yellow.
I'll buy a Halo version to get to 8 and then it will probably be it for this console collection.

I'm really happy with what I paid for them and now I have 7 Xbox. 
Bottom row: regular Black console (US) and Blue (Hong Kong/Singapore).
Middle row: Crystal (UK) and Debug.
Top row: Skeleton (Japan) and Mountain Dew (US).
On top of all: Pure White (Japan)

DO5aqG3h.jpg  

5yuDzhlh.jpg XlGjNPNh.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1

Buddy had this on ebay for $85 BIN, with "repro box" in the title. Sorry guy, box was legit. Nice upgrade too. 🙂1447693215_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.0cd855131136595bdedab8ed826165db.jpg

Plus, this showed up after a few days shy of 3 months. Once it entered Canada, it showed up the next day lol.1891628197_s-l1600(2).thumb.jpg.bbb724650be162ec491b59f0dd06cbd9.jpg

Edited by Nesmaster
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1

I am over the moon to get this Run 1 Magnavox Odyssey. It looks brand new. I've been looking to upgrade my Run 2 for a while and this thing is freaking perfect. Absolutely one of my favorite things in my collection now. Focusing on the 1970s while everything else is going crazy paid off big. You guys can tell me there's a guy sitting on a warehouse of these and I wouldn't care because this beauty is in my house!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4
  • Wow! 5

No pic, but today for $2 a game I scored Wii stuff - Endless Ocean, then all the CD sized slip cover versions of Wii Sports open/complete, but then two sticker sealed copies of Sports and Sports Resort too.

A couple days earlier $10 for 6 PC games jewel cased, complete.  Janes Fighters Anthology, Halo, Warcraft 2 battle.net, WC3 frozen throne (cd is scuffed up a lot), MS Flight Combat Simulator Europe, and Age of Empires 2.  Been a dry spell for a time, but good last few days.

• Like 2