IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Got even more games.

Started to buy some Favoritos PS3 games and managed to get a sealed Lost Planet 3 for less than US$10.

mql8x7Zl.jpg

Also bought some CIB SNES games, Mario Party 4 and a CIB Brazilian version of Streets of Rage.

sUqdJkWl.jpg

And bought a lot more 3DS games.
Maybe one of the rarest of those is Crash City Mayhem. Luckily i found it sealed for US$11.

NIM1eF7h.jpg

And here is my 3DS collection as of today:

gA0NygWh.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 4

5 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

My favorite Japanese online retailer had this for sale (via their proxy service) since June-July, 2011. With the bonus being that it came with two eCapcom bonus items. 😎

CAP-360-001.jpg.c2308012e0c5c5070e32cc47013f12f8.jpg

I've been thinking about using a proxy service. Everytime I start setting it up I get lazy and don't finish.

40 minutes ago, Californication said:

I've been thinking about using a proxy service. Everytime I start setting it up I get lazy and don't finish.

I was the same before my first experience with their proxy service. And I still am, but I am also a bit apprehensive when it involves ones others have requested. 😅

7 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

I was the same before my first experience with their proxy service. And I still am, but I am also a bit apprehensive when it involves ones others have requested. 😅

Which peoxy do you use, what was the sign-up process like, and hiw are the fees?

Edited by Californication

I got this Mario Kart DS CE. I've been looking for one that's 100% complete for awhile and won an auction just a could $ under my max bid. However, it smelled like 10 packs of smokes cigarettes. I actually used a tooth brush and dish soap to remove some of the tar from the box. Unreal.

It came with the game though! In the weird Wii Sports-esk card board sleeve. All in all, I'm glad to have it in the collection and the dryer sheets are stuffed in there doing the Lord's work.

1539582967_IMG_20200628_1754042.thumb.jpg.b94910d169c924ccf8cf21e02cf15d29.jpg2029367141_IMG_20200628_1755022.thumb.jpg.9050ebea68ce6d88e1b5fab07c8f649b.jpg945213597_IMG_20200628_1754552.thumb.jpg.33bdd4485bdc171dcd9c375930c96c51.jpg

• Like 3

I got a CIB Gameboy Micro for $15 once. I was excited until I turned it on and noticed the entire screen was yellowed to hell and back because the previous owner was a smoker. It wasn’t the changeable plastic piece over the screen either... it was the actual unit’s screen.

58 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

^^^Your mention of the tar gave me flashbacks to the one craigslist pickup I made where I had to wipe actual tar from several N64 games.   I think I ended up pitching the actual unit since it was so gross.

How many years of cigarettes does that take? I saw the dawn soap commerical of the ducks in oil so I figured it could work on the cardboard too. It was unreal. I never saw that in my life. 

48 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I got a CIB Gameboy Micro for $15 once. I was excited until I turned it on and noticed the entire screen was yellowed to hell and back because the previous owner was a smoker. It wasn’t the changeable plastic piece over the screen either... it was the actual unit’s screen.

Under the screen? Man, could you imagine someone clocking 2000k on that and blowing smoke into the Gameboy the whole time? Lol 

Hopefully they all switched to vaping to save the games. 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

How many years of cigarettes does that take? I saw the dawn soap commerical of the ducks in oil so I figured it could work on the cardboard too. It was unreal. I never saw that in my life. 

Not sure, but the dude lived in a trailer and I think he had cigarettes lit the entire time I was there (let alone anybody that may have lived with him)

4 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Not sure, but the dude lived in a trailer and I think he had cigarettes lit the entire time I was there (let alone anybody that may have lived with him)

That's some old skool smoker shit. I remembered by grandmother would always have one lit even if she took 1 or 2 hits. 

13 hours ago, Californication said:

Which peoxy do you use, what was the sign-up process like, and hiw are the fees?

I just use whatever is included with the item that happens to be listed. Because it eliminates the procurement fee, which stacks with their standard and service fees (both were 500 JPY). Plus I am reluctant to find out how much more their fees would be since I don't want to buy anything that has an ugly sticker on the packaging. 😅

Kind of surprised myself earlier today when I was out as I found a solitary NES game I decided I wanted to own again, Top Gun.  That on its own, especially at $7 isn't all that remarkable, but it also did have the sleeve, and in there was the manual but it was in pieces.  A nice thing though was that it wasn't ripped, it was just popped out, so I fixed that.  Still though not a great deal, until I realized later that split to pieces manual also had the complete CONTRA one in there too. 😄  hah

• Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 6/27/2020 at 11:47 PM, TrekMD said:

These are my arrivals for this week...

Sega_Genesis_(90).JPG

Nice Arrow Flash - easily one of my favorite Genesis games. This is actually my first time seeing the box-art - not too often you get something as epic as giant mechs and dragons at the same time haha. So sick.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

I mentioned to a friend of mine that one of the few Game Boy's I was missing was the Game Boy Micro. I saw her a few days later and she gave me this. Apparently it had been in a box in her closest just sitting there. It's CIB by the way. Sometime getting the stuff you are missing from your collection is all about who you know. So shout out to Sydney, she is awesome!

IMG_20200630_213229581_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

Some big Sega purchases here!

Robo Aleste is a sequel/Spin-off to MUSHA. I haven’t played MUSHA so I can’t tell you which is “better,” but going by the price, desirability, and praise of MUSHA, I’m going to hazard a guess that MUSHA is the better game. Power Strike on the SMS is the first in the line of Aleste/MUSHA games, and is one of the pricier SMS games.

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World is probably my my most wanted SMS game and it’s one of the heavies in the North American library. It’s gaining traction as more people learn about it, so I was glad to get this one both because I genuinely want to play it and because it’s super hot/popular amongst Sega fans right now, so every online listing right now tends to get expensive (for SMS prices, anyway) very quickly.

I’m also gonna go ahead and say AKiSW is my first “big dick”-style purchase. There were two on eBay: this one with a BIN above the historical “sold for” prices and one that was an auction. I just said “Screw this, I don’t want to fight with other bidders.” So I did the BIN. I don’t even care, I’m so happy to have this one. And it’s in great shape.

92D86ECE-09C1-4905-9177-50353DA9FA9D.jpeg

EAFBDF10-1F27-469E-B25F-AE5A9CF0EDF4.jpeg

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 5

No mail today so may as well post my latest pickups. 

No steals here, just buying or swapping at fair value: 

E83E68DF-12CB-4F38-AF84-E6A1620FFDE8.jpeg

realMYST, Streets of Rage 4 (with soundtrack, not pictured) and Streets of Red were all ordered together from Limited Run, so I had to wait til they were all ready to ship. 

B0F9ACD5-CC69-479E-A687-4A9AA9FCE300.jpeg

I am usually not the kind of person to pay over MSRP for a CE that I skipped out on. When this dropped I had no thoughts about Xenoblade as a series, had never played any of the games, and I was all "CE's take up too much space, would rather have standard retail versions, more bang for my buck." Well as you might know, I started playing this last month on a whim, only because I heard that the Definite Edition of the first game would give you a bonus if you had a save on your console from the second. Suffice it to say I got HOOKED like I haven't been hooked on a game in a long time. I haven't played anything else since. And yeah, I just had to find this, so I paid a decent amount (a little less than $140). 

F4C6B64D-FC43-44CA-8D12-DD76D66C7174.jpeg

These were $9.99 at Walmart!

889176CC-6EAB-4C00-8B9B-1768473DE15A.jpeg

Also I ordered Shovel Knight from GameStop at half-off just to see if it might come with packaging (it didn't), but I got this neat little sketch with it, definitely going to treasure it. 

63D4DE39-D903-4DB8-BE3B-A32185D51B88.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4