IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

15 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

They're pretty good about it.  I'm looking forward to playing with them too, maybe we can put Mario Party on the shelf for a long while.

My 3 year old is also surprisingly good at sharing. So either our kids are especially good or kids have just been getting a bad rap for all these years. 🤔

All kids are pretty good at sharing... until they learn they don't have too. (Or, at least think they may not have too.)

My kids (6 & 8,) are good at sharing, for kids their age, but when they were younger, they were oblivious.  Now, they are normal and can very often not share, especially when candy is on the line that's in limited quantity.

If there's one nerds box in a pile, it's gonna be a brawl, unless my wife and I quickly intervene.

• Like 1

Okay, spooky pickup story time. Sorry, it’s unnecessarily long.

One of my favorite things to do during the Halloween season is get some friends together and go through one of those crappy haunted houses. It’s a tradition I’ve kept since high school and it may seem juvenile now, but it’s always been something me and the rest of my dumb millennial friends have enjoyed across the board.

So imagine my surprise when I realize it’s already Halloween and that I’ve been working so much I totally let the season slip by me and haven’t done anything like that. I could go tonight after work, and I still might, but I decided to do something holiday-appropriate to make up for it.

I went out and bought Castlevania for the NES. That’s right, boo and hiss. I’ve never owned or played it until today: Halloween 2019. Before you revoke my collecting license, my NES days as a kid were restricted to whatever my brother bought and by the time I started getting my own money I had moved on to GameCube and the such, and I’ve just never gotten around to it until now.

Sorry, no picture because everyone knows what Castlevania on the NES looks like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rooster said:

How do you like Luigis Mansion 3?

Only played for a couple hours but really liking it, lots of funny gags, smooth interfaces, and fairly intuitive control system. Instead of the Gameboy horror homage like past luigi's mansions, the menu system is virtual boy themed. Haven't tried multiplayer but I only saw 3 options and a tile that isn't active yet for the eShop in gadds lab so dlc will definitely be a thing. Not sure how long the game will be but it is fun so far.

Got a few more games.
I heard great things about NHL 94 and then about 96 being even better. There was this copy on MercadoLivre for less than US$10 and so I decided to buy it.
I only bought FIFA 2000 because it's the Brazilian version and it was US$12.
Luigi's Mansion 3 I bought it to play but I only played 15 minutes since last thursday.

q4m9Z1D.jpg

• Like 2

Picked up The Simpsons Game for both the DS and PSP the other day. (Wanted to see how they compare to the PS2 version.) Strongly recommend. The PSP version is much like the console versions, a 3D platformer, however the DS release is 2D. Both play different, so for that I'd say both versions are worth the purchase. I'll probably get stuck into the PSP version first soon. 

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Yeah, I heard the warnings....I'm not happy either that apparently I'll buy ANYTHING that says Contra on it....I haven't played it yet though so maybe everyone is wrong and it kicks ass???

20191105_063057.jpg

Make sure to update us regarding the quality of the gameplay. With boxart that good, it's gotta be amazing!

• Like 1