IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

27 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

@NintendoCollector64 whoa man, that’s awesome. So the preview disc is the same as the one in the standalone preview disc release? If so that means both discs have the same Star Wars arcade game!?!?

Yes it’s the separate preview disc just included as a full pack. Up until now I could never even find a picture of this set. Wasn’t even sure it actually existed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

How does the Neo Geo Mini Pad feel? It's basically required for TV play right?

It feels good.  You can use it with the console itself (and it is actually better than using the controllers on the mini console).  I haven't tested the mini with the TV yet but it will cerrtainly make it more fun to have the controller to play on the TV.

A few uncommon games that showed up at just the right time. I'd probably say Motor City is the toughest to find, but Mario's Time Machine can also be quite elusive. I've had a Canadian Soccer for quite a while, but wanted to grab the US version for my set.

IMG_20200510_231715.thumb.jpg.bcb720208531291641a32c16ab44c1b0.jpg

Another mini console for the collection. I had been highly skeptical of this one because I have no desire to use cramped controls on a tiny screen, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. Build quality and packaging is solid and the little LCD screen is decent. I just need to get an actual gamepad so I can play on the TV.

IMG_20200510_232225.thumb.jpg.8495fe63664a6bbb01250bd74ad71570.jpg

This is a big one. Definitely the scariest game I had left on my list as I approached the final ten. I already had a very nice box from last year and there are always plenty of overpriced carts on eBay, but the manual for this game is almost non-existent. I won't go into all the details, but I will say that being nice to people on eBay does pay off sometimes. 😁

IMG_20200504_220406.thumb.jpg.630e5f0e9fcfc5f6c64748ff83b77bf8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 2

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

This is a big one. Definitely the scariest game I had left on my list as I approached the final ten. I already had a very nice box from last year and there are always plenty of overpriced carts on eBay, but the manual for this game is almost non-existent. I won't go into all the details, but I will say that being nice to people on eBay does pay off sometimes. 😁

IMG_20200504_220406.thumb.jpg.630e5f0e9fcfc5f6c64748ff83b77bf8.jpg

I remember renting Dino Peak as a kid and loving it. Damn shame the price of it CIB now is a bit out of reach for "I think I liked this game enough to own it".

Heck even if I fuckin LOVED the game 2k+ USD is a bit steep hah.

• Like 1

Got 5 of the Bombeman games for the Super Famicom (all complete):

xsbxWebl.jpg

And some other games (all complete as well).
I bought Tony Hawk 3 for less than US$10. When I looked on ebay there wasn't a single Japanese version listed.
I'm curious to play Haunting. The game store gave me a discount on it since it was taking them longer to sell it.

QqoKVEMl.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

I remember renting Dino Peak as a kid and loving it. Damn shame the price of it CIB now is a bit out of reach for "I think I liked this game enough to own it".

Heck even if I fuckin LOVED the game 2k+ USD is a bit steep hah.

I popped it in and played through the first couple levels and I agree! Surprisingly fun and definitely better than the other Flintstones game.

5 hours ago, drxandy said:

Actively looking for Jpn cube games on eBay for 2-3 years, I have never seen a copy of Tony hawk pop up @Galdius

Also nice on the bombermanssss

The seller also has some other JPN GC games, mostly Need for Speed games. They weren't expensive so I'm thinking about getting them as well.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Galdius said:

The seller also has some other JPN GC games, mostly Need for Speed games. They weren't expensive so I'm thinking about getting them as well.

Might be a good idea to check Yahoo Auctions and Mercari to see if there are listings there, you can search both through buyee dot jp although you may need to look up the names of these games in Japanese.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Might be a good idea to check Yahoo Auctions and Mercari to see if there are listings there, you can search both through buyee dot jp although you may need to look up the names of these games in Japanese.

I couldn't find Tony Hawk on YA and Mercari.
On YA there are a few Need for Speed copies but they're going for three times the price the seller is selling here in Brazil and he also has Underground 2 which isn't available on YA and Mercari.

Talked to the seller and just bought NFS Underground, NFS Underground 2 and NFS Most Wanted for US$30 total.

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 2

I think you all may have noticed I don't post much in here, nothing like my old days frequency.  Well I do have something.  Last night this (turned out ot be probably a 15 year old as his dad was in the passenger seat) post was on facebook marketplace and I found it within 5min.  He wanted 55 but I gave 60 since I didn't have change and I think it was well more than worth it too.

YES they 101s, and yes both work. Original picture didn’t show Mario land or the chargers. Pink clear inside blue a little worn both outsides are average I guess. It did show one kids game that was covered in ink I pitched as it just was like spelled pen ink that wouldn't come off (cheetah girls.)  Can’t complain as this was too good to pass up. Sanitized them already. Now to figure if I should reshell them or not as it’s not easy(to me).  I kind of wish it was, but I tend to have a huge problem getting into the hinge area and well that's about it.  They could use it but hey they do work and I don't get it but they've gotten expensive in the last 6 months or so compared to last year.

gbasp101x2may12.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I think you all may have noticed I don't post much in here, nothing like my old days frequency.  Well I do have something.  Last night this (turned out ot be probably a 15 year old as his dad was in the passenger seat) post was on facebook marketplace and I found it within 5min.  He wanted 55 but I gave 60 since I didn't have change and I think it was well more than worth it too.

YES they 101s, and yes both work. Original picture didn’t show Mario land or the chargers. Pink clear inside blue a little worn both outsides are average I guess. It did show one kids game that was covered in ink I pitched as it just was like spelled pen ink that wouldn't come off (cheetah girls.)  Can’t complain as this was too good to pass up. Sanitized them already. Now to figure if I should reshell them or not as it’s not easy(to me).  I kind of wish it was, but I tend to have a huge problem getting into the hinge area and well that's about it.  They could use it but hey they do work and I don't get it but they've gotten expensive in the last 6 months or so compared to last year.

gbasp101x2may12.jpg

Nice haul!! use a screwdriver or something not too sharp from the inside of the hinge, hold tightly and push out - they should pop right out, then align in the new shell and pop em in. First time was daunting for me, but they can handle a little pressure (just remembered now you can buy replacement hinges from china if you are super worried or lose one)

12 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Now to figure if I should reshell them or not as it’s not easy(to me).  I kind of wish it was, but I tend to have a huge problem getting into the hinge area and well that's about it.  They could use it but hey they do work and I don't get it but they've gotten expensive in the last 6 months or so compared to last year.

gbasp101x2may12.jpg

These don’t look like they are in such bad condition to justify re-shelling. To me the OEM shells are better quality than aftermarket shells so better to keep these stock if possible.

2/3's of a "grail" collection achieved.  All I need now is a decent New Leaf cartridge, which I have a WTTF post for.

I traded for these so that was nice.  Monopoly is the only one with a game on it.  The other two are blanks.  I went ahead and made an offer on the Monopoly cart so I could use it for a potential trade for a New Leaf cart, if anyone is interested.

IMG_20200513_110726.jpg

Edited by RH
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1