IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

23 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I now own 5 sealed games. Couldn’t pass up these gems! 

1. How did I not know this existed?

2. How did this get released on not one, not two, not three, but FIVE different platforms?

I'd love to see the numbers someone crunched to determine that this was a good investment. How many copies did they need to sell just to break even? Mind boggling!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

1. How did I not know this existed?

2. How did this get released on not one, not two, not three, but FIVE different platforms?

I'd love to see the numbers someone crunched to determine that this was a good investment. How many copies did they need to sell just to break even? Mind boggling!

In all honesty, I only knew about the PS1 game until I did some recent digging. I actually liked the ps1 game, which is the only reason I went looking for a sealed copy. I remember there was a button mashing part of the game I couldn’t get past. One day @JamesRobot came over and beat that part first try.  I guess I needed the game more for nostalgia than anything else😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

It’s been a good couple weeks for SNES

image.jpg

We both joined NA around the same time. I’ve enjoyed watching you build your collection in that time. Interestingly enough, we’ve picked up similar games during that timeframe. I am jealous of the Little Samson you picked up though. I have to wait on that one. I bought a couple of signs instead.

• Like 1

Here's what I picked up in March.  The Switch games are technically my youngest son's, we got them for his birthday, but I'm still counting them!  Also not pictured I got DuckTales and Goonies II manuals to make my CB copies of those games CIB.  Shining in the Darkness needs a manual too, but I finally got a cheap cart to put in the orphaned box I've had forever.

mar2020pickups.thumb.jpg.b2ff384943fa4e18c130d0a9afa97ca4.jpg

• Like 3

Nice,  that line up of SNES titles, I've had all 6, only have 2 of them now and 1 I had since it came out (Drac X) and they're pretty decent to amazing games.  And like the look of those SFC style pads, I ordered a month ago the SNES one, and shame on me it's still in the box as this whole lock down and dealing with a kid with issues has had me too distracted and tired to meddle with it, but given it's USB I really should.  I'd not be surprised if that worked on my phone, laptop, whatever.

You know a couple weeks back I flashed the epic Star Trek comic thing and my love of Macross 2036 for PCE CD yet I totally overlooked showing some other fine stuff that has cropped up since.

This basically is my month of March outside of those 2 (and a crimson like new DS Lite in the box as I had to replace my kids broken one with my existing black one.)  Not shown, a DSi manual that came with the pokewalker one, and I got The Wizard on blu ray(just finished watching it.)

I went backwards on SoulSilver.  Got the walker later last year for $2-5 at a flea, almost sold it but kept it, 4 weeks ago I got the box and all inserts free, then found the game for $40 which is a score in itself.  The Pokemon Mini I got with one game from Canada, the breeder one from Japan both undervalued too.  Same can be said with that very very obscure Capcom TV game there (GnG, 1942, and Commando on it, arcade versions) and then I got the WoP book and it's in excellent shape.

Not pictured that'll arrive this month...I've got Tetris DS in the mail so I can play w/my daughter who has it.  I also snapped up another Pokemon Mini title, Tetris that'll show up from Japan eventually.  Considering I'm playing Animal Crossing right now I don't see buying much of anything else going forward unless it's on a short list of goals.

march-20.JPG

• Like 4

I "upgraded" these Vectrex games.  New labels and sleeves for VHS cases were made available online for free to replace the simplistic label on the carts as originally released and to give them cases.  The only thing missing is some type of manual.  In any case, you can see the carts with the original labels (SpideX and and KnightEx, since MineX's label is good enough) and the new labels.  They look much nicer!

Vectrex%2057a_zps25xqs8w2.jpg

Vectrex%2057_zpszgnvje8g.jpg

And here is some new stuff that arrived...

PS4%2048_zps6vxizg97.jpg

Intellivision%2073_zpst1akxxcd.jpg

Intellivision%2074_zpskorwoo7x.jpg

Vectrex%2064_zps3mnbifj2.jpg

• Like 7

Added a couple edge lit Nintendo DS signs to the collection. I bought them both off Ebay not knowing if they were legit. Found out later they were. I even emailed the maker of the signs and they were helpful in responding. Very heavy duty signs with 3 layers of acrylic and the top part is heavy duty extruded aluminum. I have found it acts as a heat sink as the LED’s insided get super warm.

Having each sign represent the release model of the DS and the Lite is cool. I feel like I have seen alot of signs but for some reason these seem to be uncommon. Not sure if they were just made in low numbers or what. 

The way they layered the images it has a kind of 3D effect. 

0CE585EC-89BC-4A79-8FB3-5773EB60F39C.jpeg

A7E55A8E-E03C-4113-974E-99D885A0F8E9.jpeg

9CCC1E2C-3E5A-4DF7-96F6-63B5F342293D.jpeg

67CE63CA-E1FD-44EB-85B6-07A7A463BD8B.jpeg

BEEEBDCF-981B-4323-AC43-9C3F08AAAD9C.jpeg

Edited by Sign Collector Guy
  • Like 4
  • Wow! 1

Vintage Kaybee Jacket and Hat. Loved me some Kaybee growing up. Frequented a store in a mall near me. Recall buying NES items and a Model 1 Sega CD from there. 

Ran the coat through the dryer on low with a “Moist” towel to dewrinkle. Seller crammed it into a paper mailer. Ugh. Came out looking much better after. lol. 

0F6B95FF-FE48-4053-A32C-C696E994FFBA.jpeg

E69F8DC2-7129-48BF-A377-37966D531CF0.jpeg

987F2528-B834-4746-8E15-E62DFB229E88.jpeg

18D473A6-6EBE-400C-94EB-396FDEB25297.jpeg

9871DCDD-F455-4182-83AF-CB19B33A7702.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1