IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Dragon Warrior IV had been taunting me for a while so I'm glad to finally snag a nice quality copy. F-117A is one of those you don't hear much about, but can be tough to find in good condition with the poster. Digger T. Rock seems pretty fun from the few minutes I played, so I'll go back to that one some day.

IMG_20200201_152334__01.jpg

• Like 5

Miami: The up side, the DBZ game doesn't seem to cost more with the DVD like some stuff that would hang over a buyer really badly.  Nice job on those games there, been wanting that Yooka Laylee game for a time but I find the price tag on it distasteful give the GoG price.

That new adventure island pick up that's amazing, even has the sleeve still looking like new.

And nice job on the GBA IPS there.  I've done this on the GBC level to a grape system I have and wow it makes the GBC the perfect  8bit Gameboy to use for any game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

And nice job on the GBA IPS there.  I've done this on the GBC level to a grape system I have and wow it makes the GBC the perfect  8bit Gameboy to use for any game.

Thanks! I painted the inside of the shell, I love the way inside painting looks and will definitely do this again. I did an 001 with the 101 screen before and this is so dang bright and crispy compared. Glad to hear the gbc setup is just as good, gonna have to snag one of those once cny and Corona aren't an issue.

Not sure what you mean by cny and corona.  I've not had any problems with the v2 panel that handheld legend sells I put in mine.  Clean, crisp, clear, no tearing, no vsync issues, no blow out.  Also their model uniquely sips the least power so it lasts the longest of the others (freckle, mcwill, etc.)

On 2/1/2020 at 1:55 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Dragon Warrior IV had been taunting me for a while so I'm glad to finally snag a nice quality copy. F-117A is one of those you don't hear much about, but can be tough to find in good condition with the poster. Digger T. Rock seems pretty fun from the few minutes I played, so I'll go back to that one some day.

IMG_20200201_152334__01.jpg

Love Digger. Intro track and Cave 3 are great tunes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nesmaster said:

Where'd you order? I have one coming from Ali Express and the whole kit was very affordable ($56 CAD). Spent an extra $10 on buttons and pads, though.

Direct from funnyplaying on Ali, I got it on sale for 35usd during their 11/11 sale, finally installed it the other day.

• Like 1

Got these in a trade... traded Mario Kart Double Dash with bonus disc and Kirby Air Ride which is fair value but I felt like I was winning because these are harder to find in the wild! 

2068D21F-1F4F-42F3-9392-545BC3A1CB5A.thumb.jpeg.03022fb10b43e7a5a1ae9f7aa3efd629.jpeg

They looked bad but I could tell the blemishes were only superficial... no tears, rips, etc! So you know what came next...

5525CA40-9244-4883-A626-618CDA86C003.thumb.jpeg.3ef68546665431efaa45cc4932f2f184.jpeg

Bestine + q-tips for all the foul adhesive which picked up a ton of dirt, followed by a Clorox wipe to gently rub all the mess away, and voila! 

FCDC16BC-D67C-4732-AC8B-9FC59C7F3251.thumb.jpeg.95a1d9b5fb3c0632f62bd672738c12d2.jpeg

Not perfect, but much more presentable, and if I get around to ironing the cover arts then these will really shine. 

I’d still like to get PSO 1&2 Plus but I’m already very happy with this haul... didn’t think I would be able to land these in a trade!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 5

On 2/4/2020 at 7:45 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Got these in a trade... traded Mario Kart Double Dash with bonus disc and Kirby Air Ride which is fair value but I felt like I was winning because these are harder to find in the wild! 

2068D21F-1F4F-42F3-9392-545BC3A1CB5A.thumb.jpeg.03022fb10b43e7a5a1ae9f7aa3efd629.jpeg

They looked bad but I could tell the blemishes were only superficial... no tears, rips, etc! So you know what came next...

5525CA40-9244-4883-A626-618CDA86C003.thumb.jpeg.3ef68546665431efaa45cc4932f2f184.jpeg

Bestine + q-tips for all the foul adhesive which picked up a ton of dirt, followed by a Clorox wipe to gently rub all the mess away, and voila! 

FCDC16BC-D67C-4732-AC8B-9FC59C7F3251.thumb.jpeg.95a1d9b5fb3c0632f62bd672738c12d2.jpeg

Not perfect, but much more presentable, and if I get around to ironing the cover arts then these will really shine. 

I’d still like to get PSO 1&2 Plus but I’m already very happy with this haul... didn’t think I would be able to land these in a trade!

awesome - these are such great games.

7 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Apparently received the best NES controller of all time in the mail yesterday. Getting ready for the next Weekly NES season

*snip* sansui sss image

Damn right.  I used to have one of those years ago back when I was on NA.  I actually enjoyed the faux stereo it pulled off as I'd jack that RCA cable of its into this monster splitter I ran on my Nintendo and the output was quite sweet given what it was.  And that turbo there was quite nice too much like the one built into a PCE controller.

7 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Apparently received the best NES controller of all time in the mail yesterday. Getting ready for the next Weekly NES season

image.jpg

What makes that one the best? Because other than the sound and turbo function, I don’t see why it would be. Can’t use that turbo in the contest anyways😜

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

What makes that one the best? Because other than the sound and turbo function, I don’t see why it would be. Can’t use that turbo in the contest anyways😜

I dunno it’s what I’ve heard a few people on Old NA and here say. Didn’t even know they were turbo buttons! Gotta look up a user guide for it lol

• Like 1

Remember the video game heist that took place in Missouri? I was in St. Louis yesterday for a job interview and I stopped at that store. I picked up some DS games and these cards that were a preorder bonus for Bravely Default. TWEWY is sealed but I think I’m going to break the seal because I want to play it.

FF3F60EB-2FC7-466E-82F1-89E3E1F3E6A4.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

Remember the video game heist that took place in Missouri? I was in St. Louis yesterday for a job interview and I stopped at that store. I picked up some DS games and these cards that were a preorder bonus for Bravely Default. TWEWY is sealed but I think I’m going to break the seal because I want to play it.

FF3F60EB-2FC7-466E-82F1-89E3E1F3E6A4.jpeg

Those are two games that I have incomplete and need to complete!

• Like 1