IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

20 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Fantastic find on Doom BL Jewel.

Here is a site that covers everything PS1: http://game-rave.com/

Thanks never heard of that before, so I'll bookmark it.  I basically only care here and there about adding PS1 and lesser so PS3 games into my hands anymore from them so that site will be quite useful.  I did go back, and I do have that Magic Carpet too which strangely feels like a very competent conversion, and inspired me more since then to also snap up Hi-Octane since that one aggravatingly hasn't been re-released on GoG (or elsewhere.)

Still dabbling a bit in SNES stuff with these two classics. I'm a huge SotN fan, but never actually played Dracula X, so that should be a fun experience for me. I've heard great things about the Switch Split Pad Pro from Hori. In its unaltered state, I just don't think the Switch is comfortable to hold for extended gameplay sessions. Can't wait to get back to Hollow Knight with this new grip.

IMG_20200124_213058__01.jpg

• Like 7

On 1/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Happy to report that, so far as my brief testing last night is concerned, it seems to work 100%, although it's (predictably) missing the battery cover and the stickers are in need of some attention (and replacement in at least one case).  Oddly and hilariously, just a day or two ago, a coworker had been asking me about whether I'd ever or still owned such a unit, and I hadn't, only to be surprised with one gratis 24-48 hours later.

If anybody happens to know where I can lay my hands on STL files to 3D print a replacement battery cover or solid images of the decals, I'd really appreciate it!  I've got a friend who has volunteered to print the cover for me and am trying to avoid paying $35 for a set of stickers I could print myself for a couple of dollars.

I can't help you with STL files as I don't 3D print and no access to it.  That said, people already do make repop battery doors with the correct sticker on it, they're not that expensive either (over $10.)  Maybe go that route because your time(hours wasted) maybe be worth it.  And the stickers, there is a guy on ebay for around I think $20 that sells the entire set of stickers for the Coleco Pac-Man(and others) which are pre-cut.  All you'll need to do is strip that thing bare entirely, sanitize and remove any left over dried glue with alcohol, wipe it dry, and then apply the new and it'll be fantastic.

You actually got double maybe triple lucky.  I've not been able to figure this out, but I didn't even realize it was a thing until last month.  I too found that exact unit also beat up some (and dead) at a goodwill in a bin for a few dollars.  I already had one I found at a flea market nearly a decade ago with the ac adapter+perma power pack so I fixed it up with intent to pass it along (and did to a friend.)  Anyway, a normal Coleco tabletop in the view area, there should be no sticker, it should have the ink into the plastic as that's how DK, Frogger, Ms Pac Man, (my original) Pac-Man are.  Yours and that 2nd I found have a sticker bezel.  You're lucky it's not wrinkled up, the one I had was a bit and I had to try and address it, those repop sticker sheets do NOT do that sticker.  I'm pretty certain as a guess it's an original run Pac-Man, very early, maybe first run of them or so.  It would make sense since mine would be later and matching the other models.  So you've got a rarer style Pac-Man unit and it works.

I'd suggest disassembly, cleaning, resolder the internal wire contacts if you're able to handle that, and then remove all the stickers and get a refreshed sticker kit and make it look like new.  Then get the replacement door online and pop that on the bottom and you're set.

Got all this for $55 today at one used toys/games shop I've visited for years, spread out though as it's fairly out of the way.  It's nice having all those manuals, had also lost years ago those 3 system manuals so that's a plus, oddly never did misplace the handheld, nes and snes ones.

Also not imaged, $15 grabbed Muramasa for the Wii which pleased me having that again as it's fantastic.

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Got all this for $55 today at one used toys/games shop I've visited for years, spread out though as it's fairly out of the way.  It's nice having all those manuals, had also lost years ago those 3 system manuals so that's a plus, oddly never did misplace the handheld, nes and snes ones.

Also not imaged, $15 grabbed Muramasa for the Wii which pleased me having that again as it's fantastic.

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

Fantastic deal on that Castlevania.

The fun didn't stop.  Yesterday one goodwill had tossed Dreamcast Gundam 0079 and PS1 Gekido along with also PC games C&C Tiberian Sun (and Firestorm), MS Flight X too all for $2, and in the back Tom&Jerry NES for $2 so that was awesome.

Today going to pick my kid up from school I had a regular goodwill, and got a little nice surprise again.  Wii DBZ Tenkaichi 3 which had the rarer bonus disc release complete, Pikmin case+game,  and DVD Terror of Mechagodzilla from 2002 all $2 a piece too.  It's nice to get little scores, but I doubt this will continue as this place lately had been a dry well for months mostly.

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

The fun didn't stop.  Yesterday one goodwill had tossed Dreamcast Gundam 0079 and PS1 Gekido along with also PC games C&C Tiberian Sun (and Firestorm), MS Flight X too all for $2, and in the back Tom&Jerry NES for $2 so that was awesome.

Today going to pick my kid up from school I had a regular goodwill, and got a little nice surprise again.  Wii DBZ Tenkaichi 3 which had the rarer bonus disc release complete, Pikmin case+game,  and DVD Terror of Mechagodzilla from 2002 all $2 a piece too.  It's nice to get little scores, but I doubt this will continue as this place lately had been a dry well for months mostly.

That's nuts. Are you saying the Wii DBZ Tenkaichi 3 also had a release with the DVD? I've never seen that one. I have the PS2 release with the DVD, which I got in a really uneven trade last year (in my favor). 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:20 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Mail day! Everything here came from trades with the exception of GRIP Ultimate Edition which was $20 on Amazon. I already have F1 Race CIB but I wanted a second copy so I can try link play 🙂

771E8530-E97B-4059-9DD5-ED746F195C8C.jpeg

Rayman is great. That first game is easily one of the best platformers ever made.  Good buy.

Edited by Californication

On 1/24/2020 at 9:34 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Still dabbling a bit in SNES stuff with these two classics. I'm a huge SotN fan, but never actually played Dracula X, so that should be a fun experience for me. I've heard great things about the Switch Split Pad Pro from Hori. In its unaltered state, I just don't think the Switch is comfortable to hold for extended gameplay sessions. Can't wait to get back to Hollow Knight with this new grip.

IMG_20200124_213058__01.jpg

Let me know your impressions on that Daemon X Machina Hori controller. I've had it in my Amazon wishlist for months, but haven't pulled the trigger.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 12:33 AM, MiamiSlice said:

That's nuts. Are you saying the Wii DBZ Tenkaichi 3 also had a release with the DVD? I've never seen that one. I have the PS2 release with the DVD, which I got in a really uneven trade last year (in my favor). 

YES that's exactly what I'm saying.  The box has a small red banner across the bottom of the front art indicating it as you can see, and then the game is actually attached to a flap tray snap in on top in the inside of the case with the DVD clip reel (Best Fights) in the usual back of the box space.IMG_3119.thumb.jpg.1e5854aa869ae23db151fcbe90a1ca55.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, noiseredux said:

Let me know your impressions on that Daemon X Machina Hori controller. I've had it in my Amazon wishlist for months, but haven't pulled the trigger.

I will definitely let you know. I'm hoping to finally get some time with it this weekend. I'll try it with Hollow Knight and then  maybe something 3D to see how well the dual sticks work.

9 hours ago, ViKiNg said:

Latest pick-up. One of my first fly sim! 😁

Get Top Gun 2, you seriously will not regret it.  Unless you grab it before you finish or get fed up with Top Gun 1.  TG has some really fury inducing landing sequences and the rest while fun is fairly generic.  The sequel though cleans up the rough edges, gives better flight control, more stuff to do, even multiplayer.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

YES that's exactly what I'm saying.  The box has a small red banner across the bottom of the front art indicating it as you can see, and then the game is actually attached to a flap tray snap in on top in the inside of the case with the DVD clip reel (Best Fights) in the usual back of the box space.IMG_3119.thumb.jpg.1e5854aa869ae23db151fcbe90a1ca55.jpg

I wish I hadn’t seen this, now I’m going to want it

Doing my periodic what’s new post!

81B36AD2-0BA3-421A-AA71-E46CF48884F8.jpeg

Not sure if I posted any of these already. Game & Wario, Snipperclips Plus, Runner 3, Yooka Laylee, MP top 100 and MP Federation Force were all bought through here. I already had Game & Wario digital and was wanting to get it physical for a while, it's probably my favorite game on Wii U. And with Federation Force I now have every Metroid Prime game, although I think I only have MP3 via the trilogy release on Wii, I ought to pick up the original release of it eventually. Also, I think I could go for a complete Mario Party set, I'm at least 4/5 of the way there. Oh, and I think with Game & Wario I officially have all the Warioware games, need to check on that. 

Moving on, Psikyo Shooting Stars Alpha was a must-buy, I spent months agonizing about picking up the JP releases and waiting to see if there would be a US release and when it was announced I knew I had to have it. It is a very nice package, maybe my favorite CE on Switch. 

The Mario game case was me finally picking up one of these from an eBay listing after missing my chance to nab these when they were on sale for $5 like a year ago, but I'm still not satisfied because I want the two Zelda designs more than this one. 

Skyrim was from a trade, Has Been Heroes and Sparklite were deals from GameStop ($9.99 and $14.99 respectively). 

And the bottom row are "freebies," I got Blue Rescue Team from winning a little contest on Reddit, only had to pay shipping, and the other 3 were from a lot that I bought which I've already turned a profit on (although I'm not keen on keeping Shadows of Almia since the front cover is in bad shape). At this point I only need two more Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games to complete the set (Explorers of Darkness and Explorers of Time)!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I will definitely let you know. I'm hoping to finally get some time with it this weekend. I'll try it with Hollow Knight and then  maybe something 3D to see how well the dual sticks work.

my main issue is that I can't seem to play FPS stuff in handheld mode. I play A LOT of Overwatch, but if I want to play it portable, I have to stand the Switch up next to me and use a Pro Controller. Something about the layout of the buttons or the size/bulk of the attached JoyCons makes it so I can't seem to hold the system securely and actually play the damn game at the same time. I don't know. I have no issues with 2D stuff. 3D is kind of a mixed bag. I played dozens of hours of BOTW in handheld, but definitely it's more comfortable with a Pro Controller. I'm just thinking that extra bulk to those Hori's would help alleviate my comfort issues.